domacleod

Oct 18, 2017
It is an issue with the game.
The save file bloat is massive. It's not as massive as it once was, but it's still massive.
Also, make sure you disable autosaving. Saving and loading takes a really long time.
Ah then here's hoping they trim it down a lot more in the future. I imagine a lot of it is because of keeping track of generated NPCs, so a fix for that might be if they only stored NPCs you've had meaningful interactions with, and never generated any NPCs except when you visit a location. So Daisy X is generated when you go to the street, but if you haven't asked for their number or had sex or whatever, Daisy X is immediately deleted when you move beyond the street, and Paul Y and Daisy Z are created when you load the next location, etc.

That or go extremely dark and allow players to kill anyone they encounter. This game has guns after all. Then you choose your own minimum of npcs generated, even down to creating a ghost town apart from the preset story-involved npcs. I wouldn't be particular to that option, but.. it would be an option.

Yorekani

Dec 12, 2019
Ah then here's hoping they trim it down a lot more in the future. I imagine a lot of it is because of keeping track of generated NPCs, so a fix for that might be if they only stored NPCs you've had meaningful interactions with, and never generated any NPCs except when you visit a location. So Daisy X is generated when you go to the street, but if you haven't asked for their number or had sex or whatever, Daisy X is immediately deleted when you move beyond the street, and Paul Y and Daisy Z are created when you load the next location, etc.

That or go extremely dark and allow players to kill anyone they encounter. This game has guns after all. Then you choose your own minimum of npcs generated, even down to creating a ghost town apart from the preset story-involved npcs. I wouldn't be particular to that option, but.. it would be an option.
ThaumX is way ahead of you.

Generated NPCs regularly commit suicide. They even had to dial it back because even NPCs in a relationship with the PC were doing it if you didn't date/interact with them every single day.

I'm not sure how efficient their clean-up is, though.
As far as I know, Twine works by saving every single variable to generate the current state.
Each time you enter a new passage (usually by clicking a button or hyperlink) a new state is stacked on top of the previous ones.
I don't know how ThaumX handles the state history for AW and I don't want to know.

For a game with this much procedural generation, I believe they'll need to do some more housekeeping to keep file size bloat under control.

Yorekani

Dec 12, 2019
I am searching all over for the door at game start but cannot find it. Any advice?

Edit: Nevermind. I figured it out.
On that note, here are all the special door codes I know of.
2337 (eggs), 7377 (tits), 1757 (cunt), 5672 (nose), 1514 (cock), 4399 (jizz)

domacleod

Oct 18, 2017
On that note, here are all the special door codes I know of.
2337 (eggs), 7377 (tits), 1757 (cunt), 5672 (nose), 1514 (cock), 4399 (jizz)
What do those do? I mean by the names I'd figure they give you the thing they spell out, and that makes sense with "tits" "cunt" and "cock" but what would eggs, nose and jizz do? o_O

• Thinking Face
Reactions: nightsight

AnonZeta

Jun 30, 2021
What do those do? I mean by the names I'd figure they give you the thing they spell out, and that makes sense with "tits" "cunt" and "cock" but what would eggs, nose and jizz do? o_O
I know Eggs massively increases your female fertility by a large amount, my guess is that jizz would presumably do the same for your male fertility

francisdrake

Feb 21, 2019
Does anything actually happen as you advance through the jobs? I took the maid job and other than a few events randomly occurring nothing seems to actually happen after I get a promotion.

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
whats the 1.19 release then o.o
They probably thought you were jumping the gun asking for the September release, not realizing that no one dropped August's.
I was accused of the same thing for a different game just because a blog glitched out and said the newest release was almost a week old, when in fact it was a few hours (it decided to show the date of the now previously newest release for the actual newest).

Yorekani

Dec 12, 2019
Either way, 1.19 has been released for real now.

New Cheat: Now you can disable bad ends from breast and testicle size.
Nice.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm too lazy to insert the pictures from the blog, btw.

2.20 star(s) 57 Votes