Jun 30, 2017
I could have sworn that I read that he started the game in may, guess I was wrong then. And no, I don't read through the massive wall of text/dev updates on his blog that he sends out almost daily. And I still think that he spends way to much time on working on unessential things, like spamming out those constant updates that says absolutely nothing, instead of working on the game. Or creating that blog which is filled with more stuff than the actual game.
Well i don't think he release constant updates is nothing, with many people playing can help him find bug early on to fix the smallest problem rather than release a huge update and start fixing many bug. Beside he is in the framework building process, this period is very important

Daybyday

Jun 14, 2017
I do believe the creator of this game is genuinely excited about this project and is working his ass off, but the priorities in creating a billion variables for every detail of the character is something that will likely make this project riddled with bugs or abandoned later down the line when it dawns on him. The scope is simply too large to make anything that is exciting to play in a decent amount of time. The more variables that need to be taken into consideration the slower the updates will be every scene.

A game doesn't need a billion clothing options to be enjoyable, its more important to focus on story choices and the details of what actually happens.
If we look at newlife, the creator behind it made intricate descriptions of hundreds of articles of clothing but the game still only has one type of job were the character is supposed to be working, but its hardly detailed at all.

GravGrav

Sep 25, 2017
Does anyone has access to the 0.05.3 release that just came out? Looks like different versions came out for different backer levels, but the $1 version is fine. I wanted to test out the fixed and updated sex scene system.

al_dude

Sep 25, 2017
This sort of games takes a long time to build its framework to start on. You need the basic framework. NPC engine, sex engine, event engine, tag engine, etc.

He can add events without those but it will be heavily scripted with little (if any) freedom.

It's just the nature of these games. I wouldn't expect any real content until 2019. Hope he survives by then. He will slowly lose pledges during the framework development.

Reactions: pizbia

Tiggie

Sep 16, 2017
I need them cheats man :FeelsGoodMan:i can't go back i just cant do it it's not the same! :FeelsBadMan:

clades

Jun 15, 2017
Also the creator has clearly stated in a post as early as September 18th he expects he will be still building the framework until June 2018. Only thereafter will he fully focus on creating the content. So please next time try to actually read what the creator has planned before you start ranting like this. Rome wasn't build in day you know.
This is a bad plan and a surefire way to never complete a game. Unless your goal is to create an engine, your goal should always be to create a game and build the engine around it that supports the game you are trying to create. Especially when we are talking about one-man/small teams.

RustyXXL

Nov 2, 2017
First of, the Framework isn't neccessarily the same as the game engine.
The Framework is usually a part of the engine, but not the whole game engine.
And if you have a design plan, building ground up is actually the way to go.
Build/choose your engine as the foundation
add in your required frameworks, that your game needs
and lastly add content to fill all the empty space.
That's a bit simplyfied, ofc, and it may be valid to be a bit flexible with this, but, if you have a clear vision and a clear plan how your game should end up this is actually a great way of developing a game.
It would have helped CDProject Red with their development of Cyberpunk2077, if you can trust all the relatively new insider info rumors you can hear lately.

This by far isn't the only way to development, and not the best way for all games and all developers, but saying it is a bad plan is plain wrong to state that broadly, especially when you look at the game and the dev notes, that indicate that he actually seem to follow a plan.

Reactions: n0b0dy

troula

Aug 25, 2017
What more is there to do with the cheats version? I tried "playing" this version, there's still no actual gameplay. For me he is building the game way more complicated than it should be at this early stage.

Shyboy

Aug 5, 2017
It's great that he's making the system at the beggining so that when he start making the content he wont be going back to the start again and again overlooking bugs and traces here and there every time when he had to make a change in the system for a better/smoother gameplay. We all know that hundreds of options are all we like. I think that all the hype he's putting effort to get will make so that he get a great team to work on this piece little by little and make this a masterpiece later on. TFG is a graveyard and the content workaround engine stuff don't make it perfect you see dozens to hundreds html games there with little to no content and closed or abandoned.
TLDR I wish him luck and support to make this to the end, another look is that the path he made on the twine dev side to games will make things simplier to other dev (or games from him) to tread later on.

Reactions: snooze321

GravGrav

Sep 25, 2017
He's also working on the text right now anyways. He's been adding to the prologue over the past week and probably aims to finish it over the next 2-3 weeks.

GravGrav

Sep 25, 2017
Version 0.06, the Flower Release, has just been made. From the change log, it includes an update to the prologue and other parts therein.

fantasianme

May 15, 2017
judging from the changelog its another month and update with no new proper content :/

kinda wish he would start working on random stuff so once we get to the free mode part of the game we actually have things to do :/

GravGrav

Sep 25, 2017
judging from the changelog its another month and update with no new proper content :/

kinda wish he would start working on random stuff so once we get to the free mode part of the game we actually have things to do :/
What are you talking about? He added a fair bit to the prologue. It's the main thing he's working on right now, since most of the background coding being finished.

fantasianme

May 15, 2017
What are you talking about? He added a fair bit to the prologue. It's the main thing he's working on right now, since most of the background coding being finished.
true but that is what i meant with my post the prologue take me a few minutes to clear since i either skip alot of text to get some choices or read fast and its just a shame there isnt much to do after that

2.20 star(s) 58 Votes