UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

5 months ago I sat at my desk at work, bored out of my mind. I had nothing to do and I started thinking of a story I had daydreamt. I've never been a writer and, in real life, I'm not the kind of person who has that skill to captivate people with a story.
But that day, I felt so understimulated. So, I started jotting down notes for a potential VN. It made perfect sense to create an adult VN, I've been an avid fans for years of other adult VNs. Among my favorites you'll find and , both of which were motivations to start this journey.

In just a few days, the entire story was planned in detail. So, I started writing the script. Being a programmer by trade, it wasn't difficult to learn Ren'Py and get started. The issue was the art. How the hell will I be able to make art for this VN? After fiddling around in DAZ for a few days and reading some tutorials I found out that it wasn't that hard to produce renders. Also, it was extremely fun as it fed my passions for digital illustration and photography.

Although, I must admit that my first renders were absolutely horrible.

Like this one:

al1.jpg

Yeah, that's early Megan and it sucks. But I pushed through and improved daily.

Within the month, Episode 1 was completed.

Now came the next step. Letting the world see my VN. Now, over the years I've been a teacher, defended my dissertation in front of hundreds of people and played gigs on tour in a band for thousands of people, but pressing that upload button was scarier than all those achievements combined. Not knowing if people would love or hate something that I've poured my heart and soul into was gut wrenching.

And now, 5 months later I've reached this milestone. 500 patrons. A milestone that I never thought I would attain. A milestone that not only motivates me to continue with this game, but also to create another one immediately after Acting Lessons.

I have no words to thank you all for the level of support you have shown, be it monetary support or written feedback. I can only promise that I will see this project through and continue to create games. You guys are so generous and awesome!

The reward I have promised for the 500 patron milestone was to help create a new romanceable character. Based on an earlier survey the main feautres of Sage were determined. Now, the polls for finalizing the design of Sage, have opened for patrons:

The polls will close in one week from now.

As I can't end this post looking at the horrible version of early Megan, I will instead end it with the reveal of Isabella.

al2.jpg

Who is Isabella, you may ask? That question will be answered another day.

Cheers

Dr PinkCake

ijako3

Sep 6, 2017
Damn, that old version of Megan looks scary. Almost like she's wearing a wig, reminding me of Samuel l Jackson in a wig.
I guess that new character is for his next game.

Reactions: CLom12

Floga

Jun 30, 2018
And the least is the latest update which took only 19 days. I hope people know how insanely high work rate that is.

Reactions: N7

ijako3

Sep 6, 2017
Yeah, dev is giving monthly updates with a lot of renders. You have a lot of games where after a month or sometimes longer you get like 100-320 renders.

Mikeleg

Sep 10, 2018
I just found this game today. Is v0.5.0 the current version? When the game starts it says episode 5 of 8.

Lecastel

Aug 15, 2018
wait,so theres people out there who are whining to this game?thats the craziest thing people could do to this absolutely perfect vn.

Reactions: CLom12

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
wish Dr Pinkcake would return and chat with us..the 99.999% of us that truly appreciate the masterpiece he has created should far outweigh the .0001% that are clueless as to why this VN is elevated far above the herd..this is not a "fappin'" game..this is a brain-massage with a boner side effect.

4.60 star(s) 807 Votes