DarkenDragon

Aug 30, 2018
This game is interesting.

The character Megan is the protagonist, not the player. Not until the end of, or near end of Episode 6. Any decisions made are centered around & bound to Megan. The player is forced to be with Megan which is interesting, and a different approach to establishing an existing couple.

This is not necessarily a negative because there is a story unfolding for and around the player. But the consequences of any decisions made are dragged by Megan, not the player. And she has only two paths, love or tragedy. We know which path Megan wants, but we cannot say no to her or remove coupling with her. (Metaphoric for the roleplay acting exercise perhaps, where you can only say "yes")

Everything about this game is compelling.

The characters and their dialogue deliver full immersion. Compounded with flawless renderings and animations. Each step of the story demands an emotional response from the player.

I've only played it once, and enjoyed it. I want to play it again and see if it will deliver a negative to my initial thoughts.
I find this a poor perspective of the game and most likely give a very bad impression to new players. you as the main character and megan is obviously the main love interest of the game because that is what is driving the story. without her, most of the other events wouldn't have happened. but to say that shes the protagonist feels really wrong. the story really revolves around you as the main character and how you are handling the situation because of your past experiences.

but this doesnt mean that you have to choose megan to be the final love interest. if you play it with different choices, you can actually have different people to be the final love interest. and there are a lot of parts of the story where shes not even present and is not a factor of the event. so yea, you are never really forced into being with megan. or more like you probably arent wording what you mean correctly as the way you are wording it sounds incorrect.

just wanted to make sure people have the right idea of what this story is about.

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

MrT37

Nov 26, 2017
Generally, I'm into incest games (Tangled Up, DMD, DFD, Parental Love, Lucky Mark, Man of the House, etc.) But, I've heard some good things about this one. Coming from the fans, y'all think I should give it a try? Worth it?
I love the incest ones too and this is right up there even without it. It'll make ya horny but it'll make you laugh and cry too. Don't sleep just download it, very unlikely you'll regret it.

logrent

Aug 7, 2017
I finally reached it, and OH BOY, I WAS NOT PREPARED !! I guess just like him I'm going to quit the game at this point.
So much shit is going on and it all came like a fucking train heading straight for my face.
And I'm too weak hearted to handle any of that...
I'm quite curious on how other people handeled the whole thing.
Am I the only one on the verge of tears (Who am I lying to... I cried like a fucking baby) ??
I just quit the game without making any choices.

Fuck it, I sense a drama coming but...THAT

No.

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
Do the people who don't want anything to do with Megan realize they are playing the wrong game. There is no point in bitching about something that the developer has baked into the plot. It ain't going to change.

The game just doesn't work if the MC doesn't desire Megan. Even his desire for Melissa is played against his desire for Megan. In fact, I believe that the pairing of Megan and Melissa with the MC was the main impetus for even creating this game. And even playing strictly with Megan as the sole love interest, which I have done in one path, shortchanges the player. The relationship between the three is the central plot. Take Megan out, and you don't have a game worth playing.

Wishing the game were something else will only lead to frustration.
I agree, in general, ( or the game wouldn't have internal conflict and would get "dull"), but imo, some (subtle) changes in player's monologue/dialogue would make sense here ( depending on high/low Megan score).

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
"Well, yes there's something special about her. I can't really wrap my head about it." That is the reason the MC gives when asked by Liam.

As for gratitude, you may think that the MC doesn't owe Megan any gratitude, but HE does! Why? Because that's the way the game is written. Obviously the developer didn't see it your way.

By the way, instead of the answer I cited, the MC can instead tell Liam, "Well, yeah you're right. She's very pretty." So, regardless of what you or I or anyone else thinks, if you select that option, the MC thinks she's very pretty. Why? Again, because that's the way the game is written.

Personally, I agree with your assessment of her looks. Leah>Melissa>Megan. But that is due more to the outstanding facial beauty of Leah and Melissa, than any lack thereof with Megan. That's my opinion, anyways, and I'm stuck with it.
I do get your point, and appreciate your perspective. I simply have another perspective equally based on fact.

Mine is that the character says neither of those things unless I click on the choice as a player that I think my character should say such a thing. I have to believe that's the appropriate answer as a player first. I always felt that "Yeah, she's pretty" was the best appropriate answer because in the scene where we first saw her, we're told our character thinks so. So, that's fine. If the character had an inner monologue as she returned to her post that she moved with exceptional grace, or that somehow, there was something really exceptionally 'special' about her, then those two could also become appropriate choices. But at the point Liam asks us an opinion the only things we've been given to work with is that she's just 'pretty', and she visited us in hospital. That means it is a players choice, not a characters one, see?

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I finally reached it, and OH BOY, I WAS NOT PREPARED !! I guess just like him I'm going to quit the game at this point.
So much shit is going on and it all came like a fucking train heading straight for my face.
And I'm too weak hearted to handle any of that...
I'm quite curious on how other people handeled the whole thing.
Am I the only one on the verge of tears (Who am I lying to... I cried like a fucking baby) ??
Several people feel like you and have quit the game. I made a save before my last choice and continued on. I chose differently in two different paths. I anxiously await the next release for a resolution of the ending.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But I can't be certain of that. Hence the anxiety.

You might want to check back here after the next release to see the reactions, if you don't mind reading a few spoilers from people who don't know how to hide them. Then you could decide whether you want to continue with the game.

Reactions: Enyos

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I do get your point, and appreciate your perspective. I simply have another perspective equally based on fact.

Mine is that the character says neither of those things unless I click on the choice as a player that I think my character should say such a thing. I have to believe that's the appropriate answer as a player first. I always felt that "Yeah, she's pretty" was the best appropriate answer because in the scene where we first saw her, we're told our character thinks so. So, that's fine. If the character had an inner monologue as she returned to her post that she moved with exceptional grace, or that somehow, there was something really exceptionally 'special' about her, then those two could also become appropriate choices. But at the point Liam asks us an opinion the only things we've been given to work with is that she's just 'pretty', and she visited us in hospital. That means it is a players choice, not a characters one, see?
I completely agree that it is the player's choice in all of these matters. Of course, we can only work with the choices given to us by the developer. You would like a little more context. I'm satisfied with what I was given. ... Eh! *shrugs shoulders*

logrent

Aug 7, 2017
Several people feel like you and have quit the game. I made a save before my last choice and continued on. I chose differently in two different paths. I anxiously await the next release for a resolution of the ending.
But I can't be certain of that. Hence the anxiety.

You might want to check back here after the next release to see the reactions, if you don't mind reading a few spoilers from people who don't know how to hide them. Then you could decide whether you want to continue with the game.
I also think that none of the girls will die (Thans fire man or something). Maybe juste hurt? Ending Megan carrer.

But I have voice inside my head who just say "Stop trying to reasure yourself. One of them die, just accept it".

Well, going to do just what you adviced.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Tac

Jul 5, 2017
Pretty much the only game on this website that I took the time to read all the text and enjoyed it. Great story and great work. Amazing game so far, oh and one more thing fuck you for trying to force me to make a choice!

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Here's one thing I've noticed about several of the most important characters in this game. They are nearly friendless.

Megan has only four friends in the world. Melissa has only three. In both cases two of these friends were only just added a couple of weeks ago. Add in, at best, uncaring parents, or even abusive... if not worse, and it explains a lot about how these girls react. It explains why the girls are willing to enter into such a strange relationship with the MC. It certainly explains why Megan clings almost desperately to Rena's friendship.

The guys may be even worse. Before the game starts, they have each other. That's about it. Liam's health is his excuse. He has withdrawn from any other friendships he might have had, except for the MC and with Edna, who is in the same situation as Liam. But the MC is nearly a recluse. He has retired. Other than Liam, since his breakup with Ana he doesn't even seem to even want friends or relationships. He has casual acquaintances (fuck buddies), like Angela and Hedwig that he meets through Liam. No other friends. That is until he meets Megan, and begins to open up to others.

Rena and Leah are about the only normal people in the game, when it comes to friendships. And we really don't know that much about Leah.

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
It's funny how the fact that i not "care" about megan made everything simple.

- Ohhh... the house is on fire, who should i save...

In any patch i'll choose Melissa and that cut the whole drama for me.

I know... many would love to hit me for it. :p
Pretty much. Saw the ending choice and was like

Megan who you say? Couldnt care less.

Reactions: Dodelig

Enyos

Mar 29, 2018
So, caught up on everything.

GODDAMNIT.

What a cliffhanger.
Episode 5 also had an anxiety inducing cliffhanger. Maybe not this extreme... but it still sent me into a panic, to try and find a path where it didn't occur. Because of that, I wouldn't quit yet. The choice may seem life ending, though I seriously doubt it is. I theory craft that it will change how the story plays out though. Absolutely amazingly well written drama.

Reactions: JeefZ

logrent

Aug 7, 2017
Here's one thing I've noticed about several of the most important characters in this game. They are nearly friendless.

Megan has only four friends in the world. Melissa has only three. In both cases two of these friends were only just added a couple of weeks ago. Add in, at best, uncaring parents, or even abusive... if not worse, and it explains a lot about how these girls react. It explains why the girls are willing to enter into such a strange relationship with the MC. It certainly explains why Megan clings almost desperately to Rena's friendship.

The guys may be even worse. Before the game starts, they have each other. That's about it. Liam's health is his excuse. He has withdrawn from any other friendships he might have had, except for the MC and with Edna, who is in the same situation as Liam. But the MC is nearly a recluse. He has retired. Other than Liam, since his breakup with Ana he doesn't even seem to even want friends or relationships. He has casual acquaintances (fuck buddies), like Angela and Hedwig that he meets through Liam. No other friends. That is until he meets Megan, and begins to open up to others.

Rena and Leah are about the only normal people in the game, when it comes to friendships. And we really don't know that much about Leah.
That a huge part why For me) you care about them.

Even if I relally like Rena look ect... The character that I love were Melissa, Megan and Liam. Rena was cool but not more and Leah...well pretty transparent.

PS: One of you remeber the three choixes at the beginning of the game? Athletic, Nerd etc... Maybe that the answer? :D If you choose Athletic you can save both. Talk about an important choice right at the start :D

4.60 star(s) 810 Votes