PHANTOM44

Sep 6, 2018
I have to agree that there is definitely more than just looks in a suitable partner. Megan is honest, sweet, loyal, level headed, hard working and is not the type that would cheat on you (the anti-Ana). She sounds perfect. You put the opening scenes events very well, and the nuances were definitely there.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PHANTOM44

Sep 6, 2018
I have to agree that there is definitely more than just looks in a suitable partner. Megan is honest, sweet, loyal, level headed, hard working and is not the type that would cheat on you (the anti-Ana). She sounds perfect. You put the opening scenes events very well, and the nuances were definitely there.

Reactions: Enyos

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Actually, there are limits to what a person may do to fight for a relationship. For example, it certainly would NOT be all right for Ana to kill Megan to win back the MC. And it certainly wasn't all right for her to do what she did. Perhaps not evil [that's a little strong], but 'a bad person'? Absolutely. Ruining someone else's career to get someone back is not something a 'nice person' would do.

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
At first I thought it's gonna be typical "Fuck every girl"... But damn... Soundtrack and characters... Now I'm feeling bad for Liam...
Whatever other controversy or disagreement over perspective or direction the one thing I think everyone could agree with is that this is most definitely not a harem game. The game very quickly calls you to account for any two-timing, such that while it allows it, it reminds you that this is the same horrible activity that broke your heart when Ana did it to you.

On top of that, while several other games have a friend of the MC in them, Liam is in a class of his own somehow as a really enjoyable character. There's a true bromance element in this game that I honestly haven't found in any other.

Reactions: PHANTOM44 and Enyos

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
That's certainly one take on her motivations. Personally, based on all the psychology stuff I've ever read, she's simply one of those self-centered, self-absorbed types. Her ego absolutely loathes the very idea that her ex left her, or could even consider leaving her. She cheated because she lacked excitement, we were told. She thought it would get her attention and drama, which you rightly noted she craves. Instead it got her the exact opposite of attention - ditched. I don't think she's truly in love with the MC now anymore than she was then, as her first love is and always will be herself. She just needs to feel that he loves her, needs her, and once she gets that, soon enough she'll be bored again.

Enyos

Mar 29, 2018
That's certainly one take on her motivations. Personally, based on all the psychology stuff I've ever read, she's simply one of those self-centered, self-absorbed types. Her ego absolutely loathes the very idea that her ex left her, or could even consider leaving her. She cheated because she lacked excitement, we were told. She thought it would get her attention and drama, which you rightly noted she craves. Instead it got her the exact opposite of attention - ditched. I don't think she's truly in love with the MC now anymore than she was then, as her first love is and always will be herself. She just needs to feel that he loves her, needs her, and once she gets that, soon enough she'll be bored again.
While I definitely don't disagree with the extreme narcissism, I do believe she actually loves the MC. If she just wanted someone to worship her, then she'd have no issue replacing him with a 'fanboy' that would be at her every beck and call. The MC treated her as an equal and with respect, not someone who praised her, but loved as a partner. There is nary a mention of another relationship for her in the intervening time that the MC left. Her motivations for cheating was possibly something she got from a script, hoping that the MC would fight for her, rather than feeling betrayed. Being the narcissist she is though, she refuses to admit that she had done wrong.

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
While I definitely don't disagree with the extreme narcissism, I do believe she actually loves the MC. If she just wanted someone to worship her, then she'd have no issue replacing him with a 'fanboy' that would be at her every beck and call...

D

Deleted member 90384

So I need help with the saves because I just downloaded a full save, deleted my previous ones, and replaced them with the ones I downloaded and my old saves were still there even after I uninstalled the game entirely. Are the saves actually located elsewhere or am I hallucinating?

JayneCobb

Feb 4, 2018
So I need help with the saves because I just downloaded a full save, deleted my previous ones, and replaced them with the ones I downloaded and my old saves were still there even after I uninstalled the game entirely. Are the saves actually located elsewhere or am I hallucinating?
Saves are actually stored in "%AppData%\RenPy\ActingLessons-1523296524" (if you're on Windows)

Ren'Py may keep a copy of some of them in the game directory, but those don't really matter.

snakeplisskin

Mar 19, 2018
View attachment 156912

Sorry... It feels wrong...
Man i think Rena may be tried for me with Melissa as most attractive. I just wish her storyline didn't make me dislike her so much, I ended up leaving her to suffer with dick( i actually had the option to get her with Liam but i don't like the idea of them together).

Also unpopular opinion time but i actually don't like Liam, sure he has his moments such as calling Rena on her shit. But for the most part he just felt like a Frat boy to me which is somehting that i don't enjoy

Reactions: BitesZaDusto

PHANTOM44

Sep 6, 2018
Spoilers RE: Ana

Everyone is the hero in their own story - Ana’s character no doubt would justify her actions by reasoning that the MC forced her to take the actions that she did - what’s quite amusing to me is ; here we all are thousands of years later trying to work out what women are thinking ( forgive me for assuming that most of us contributing are lads ) - looks like Dr pink cake did a great job there too..

Reactions: RogueKnightUK
4.60 star(s) 810 Votes