B-52reloaded

Aug 25, 2018
That a huge part why For me) you care about them.

Even if I relally like Rena look ect... The character that I love were Melissa, Megan and Liam. Rena was cool but not more and Leah...well pretty transparent.

PS: One of you remeber the three choixes at the beginning of the game? Athletic, Nerd etc... Maybe that the answer? :D If you choose Athletic you can save both. Talk about an important choice right at the start :D
Even on the Athletic path you can only save one of them ...

DarkenDragon

Aug 30, 2018
Here's one thing I've noticed about several of the most important characters in this game. They are nearly friendless.

Megan has only four friends in the world. Melissa has only three. In both cases two of these friends were only just added a couple of weeks ago. Add in, at best, uncaring parents, or even abusive... if not worse, and it explains a lot about how these girls react. It explains why the girls are willing to enter into such a strange relationship with the MC. It certainly explains why Megan clings almost desperately to Rena's friendship.

The guys may be even worse. Before the game starts, they have each other. That's about it. Liam's health is his excuse. He has withdrawn from any other friendships he might have had, except for the MC and with Edna, who is in the same situation as Liam. But the MC is nearly a recluse. He has retired. Other than Liam, since his breakup with Ana he doesn't even seem to even want friends or relationships. He has casual acquaintances (fuck buddies), like Angela and Hedwig that he meets through Liam. No other friends. That is until he meets Megan, and begins to open up to others.

Rena and Leah are about the only normal people in the game, when it comes to friendships. And we really don't know that much about Leah.
I feel I have to disagree with this, I actually feel like its pretty realistic with how things are going. in terms of their friendships. one thing to remember is that Megan only moved here not too long ago. from what I remember its only been a few months? so the fact that she hasn't made many friends besides Rena and Melissa makes sense. shes too busy working at the store or focused on practicing lines for auditions. shes driven to be as successful as possible to avoid going back home to her strict parents. so she doesn't have time to go out and meet new people and she only makes friends with those she interacts with.

as for Melissa, shes living with a very abusive father and is in a broken home. many kids who have lives like that tend to keep to themselves. they don't really go out and seek friendships. most of them stay away from others cuz they dont want to bring them into their lives and be a burden on them. just look at the flash back when Melissa's father passed away and how she would keep pushing Megan away. the only reason they're friends is because Megan kept pushing her cuz Megan felt like she really needed a friend. Also Melissa has the whole strong and tough vibe to her that she feels she can handle anything alone and is extremely independent and try to do things on her own. so the fact that Megan is her only friend does make sense. she might have other minor friends that you just dont see her interact with, but it makes sense how she is in the story given her back story.

as for the MC, thats easy, cuz he was broken. after finding the love of his life cheating on him and how she blamed him so much, he became depressed and felt horrible for himself. Liam also mentions how after that event he basically shut down and kept to himself. this is a fairly common reaction to when people have gone through such a similar event. and he probably just alienated himself from his friends and family. Liam clearly stuck around and kept fighting for his friend to try to get him back. we probably become the main character at the point of his life where hes at the tail end of his healing from this traumatic event. which is why he probably went into that weird store in the first place, to just try to do something different to start a new life. at least thats how I had seen it. it also makes sense when he starts getting those flash backs to anna when certain events happen and hes pulled back from it cuz he felt he was finally over her and those events trigger it.

honestly I feel the writers have done an amazing job of how they portrayed each character and how they behave. especially Rena and Melissa. so few games I've seen where the main character gets shit from other love interests when they know the MC is hooking up with others. it gives it more sense of reality than anything. but these are just my personal perspective of the game.

PHANTOM44

Sep 6, 2018
I have to agree there. Tropes are simply a tool of media and storytelling that allow you to 'shortcut' creating a character so that the audience can have an idea of expectations and situations, without which no sit-com (for example) would be possible. The TV Tropes website is awesome as a resource for documenting and explaining so many of them, be they character tropes, or situational ones. I believe that the criticism surrounding tropes is not for using them (as it is exceptionally difficult not to) but for failing to add twists and depths to that basic framework.

Of course Megan develops - that's her role. Your role as a protagonist in this (or any) story is to change things, make new things happen, otherwise there is no interaction. Any character that fails to develop from the protagonist's interactions is either just scenery, or a failure of the protagonist (and failing to change someone is in itself a trope - "Man, I guess he'll never change").

My issue is, I guess, more about casting and direction.

On casting, well, is Megan pretty? Sure. But she's not as pretty or even drop-dead sexy as Missy, and a glance at fan-art submissions shows I'm far from alone in that opinion. I find the in-game rendition of Megan to be fairly plain looking, very much 'girl next door'. Can she be provocative and enticing to be more attractive? Of course. But in a game-world, so could the Acting Teacher, and we've probably all played games that prove it. XD

So, I just think we need an in-game cue or clue as to why the character we're playing should see something special. Tell us she has amazing pheromones, or that she reminds us of someone we adore, just... something. Because in the first 3 chapters at least there is not one single clue as to why my character who seems to have an entire town of women potentially (or actively) interested in him, would even notice her much.

Yeah, I know ... some of you would tell me it's the gratitude. But all she did was call an ambulance and later check up on you. I don't know what countries you guys are in, but in most of the ones I know, to NOT call an ambulance would be an actual crime, risking claims of negligence. Meanwhile your character risked angering and interfering with a gunman who'd already smacked you down hard and injured you (in 3 choices of the 4 possible) to try to save her, with NOTHING in it for you. It's her that ought to be grateful really, and I'm not sure +2 RP really shows it. XD
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Enyos and Dasati

DarkenDragon

Aug 30, 2018
I have to agree there. Tropes are simply a tool of media and storytelling that allow you to 'shortcut' creating a character so that the audience can have an idea of expectations and situations, without which no sit-com (for example) would be possible. The TV Tropes website is awesome as a resource for documenting and explaining so many of them, be they character tropes, or situational ones. I believe that the criticism surrounding tropes is not for using them (as it is exceptionally difficult not to) but for failing to add twists and depths to that basic framework.

Of course Megan develops - that's her role. Your role as a protagonist in this (or any) story is to change things, make new things happen, otherwise there is no interaction. Any character that fails to develop from the protagonist's interactions is either just scenery, or a failure of the protagonist (and failing to change someone is in itself a trope - "Man, I guess he'll never change").

My issue is, I guess, more about casting and direction.

On casting, well, is Megan pretty? Sure. But she's not as pretty or even drop-dead sexy as Missy, and a glance at fan-art submissions shows I'm far from alone in that opinion. I find the in-game rendition of Megan to be fairly plain looking, very much 'girl next door'. Can she be provocative and enticing to be more attractive? Of course. But in a game-world, so could the Acting Teacher, and we've probably all played games that prove it. XD

So, I just think we need an in-game cue or clue as to why the character we're playing should see something special. Tell us she has amazing pheromones, or that she reminds us of someone we adore, just... something. Because in the first 3 chapters at least there is not one single clue as to why my character who seems to have an entire town of women potentially (or actively) interested in him, would even notice her much.

Yeah, I know ... some of you would tell me it's the gratitude. But all she did was call an ambulance and later check up on you. I don't know what countries you guys are in, but in most of the ones I know, to NOT call an ambulance would be an actual crime, risking claims of negligence. Meanwhile your character risked angering and interfering with a gunman who'd already smacked you down hard and injured you (in 3 choices of the 4 possible) to try to save her, with NOTHING in it for you. It's her that ought to be grateful really, and I'm not sure +2 RP really shows it. XD
just to put my 2 cents on this

something to keep in mind is beauty is within the eye of the beholder. each person finds beauty in different ways. and lets be honest, sometimes the art work isnt always that great but its the best they can do. but I honestly say that I find megan's artwork to be fine and attractive. I dont see anything wrong with it or any reason why a person wouldnt be attracted to her. also some people dont even take physical appearance to be the main factor to if they're attracted to a person or not. I personally dont and honestly the only way I become attracted to someone is getting to know them and knowing how they think. I may be weird in that aspect but im sure im not the only one that thinks like that.

and yes it would make sense for the employees to call for an emergency line for help (be it for an ambulance or anything) but what shows that she was really interested in him is the fact that she was determined to go with him in the ambulance to make sure he got there. not many people would do this for a stranger unless they felt some sort of an attraction to them. also she didnt just check up on him, she showed up every day for a few days. if it was just 1 day to check on them to see how they were fairing, thats just being friendly and concerned, but if its every day, thats something more.

not to mention how easily she was accepting to your antics when you meet her. and something to know is that if someone is attracted to you, they'll be accepting of things that would be creepy to others. like you checking her out and she didnt make a face about it or told you off. its pretty clear that there was some attraction going on in the early parts of the story its just they didnt realize it yet.

Enyos

Mar 29, 2018
just to put my 2 cents on this

something to keep in mind is beauty is within the eye of the beholder. each person finds beauty in different ways. and lets be honest, sometimes the art work isnt always that great but its the best they can do. but I honestly say that I find megan's artwork to be fine and attractive. I dont see anything wrong with it or any reason why a person wouldnt be attracted to her. also some people dont even take physical appearance to be the main factor to if they're attracted to a person or not. I personally dont and honestly the only way I become attracted to someone is getting to know them and knowing how they think. I may be weird in that aspect but im sure im not the only one that thinks like that.

and yes it would make sense for the employees to call for an emergency line for help (be it for an ambulance or anything) but what shows that she was really interested in him is the fact that she was determined to go with him in the ambulance to make sure he got there. not many people would do this for a stranger unless they felt some sort of an attraction to them. also she didnt just check up on him, she showed up every day for a few days. if it was just 1 day to check on them to see how they were fairing, thats just being friendly and concerned, but if its every day, thats something more.

not to mention how easily she was accepting to your antics when you meet her. and something to know is that if someone is attracted to you, they'll be accepting of things that would be creepy to others. like you checking her out and she didnt make a face about it or told you off. its pretty clear that there was some attraction going on in the early parts of the story its just they didnt realize it yet.
I have to agree that there is definitely more than just looks in a suitable partner. Megan is honest, sweet, loyal, level headed, hard working and is not the type that would cheat on you (the anti-Ana). She sounds perfect. You put the opening scenes events very well, and the nuances were definitely there.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Walter Victor

supermanxx0

Apr 9, 2018
Honestly one of the best written games I have played, actually made you feel attached to the characters throughout your story! Wish they didn't do that ending though cause it fucked me up lol

LogID

Aug 21, 2018
I reached that ending and you all were not kidding. Seriously hope it's just a cliffhanger that resolves itself. I'd feel cheated if that was just it.

Still one of the best written games imo. I really care about the characters, even Megan who in other games would just be the boring innocent girl but here she's absolutely adorable.

How often do new episodes come out?

Reactions: Enyos

Dasati

May 30, 2017
I reached that ending and you all were not kidding. Seriously hope it's just a cliffhanger that resolves itself. I'd feel cheated if that was just it.

Still one of the best written games imo. I really care about the characters, even Megan who in other games would just be the boring innocent girl but here she's absolutely adorable.

How often do new episodes come out?
For awhile monthly/faster than monthly, but Pink has recently gone back to full time work so thats slowed things down abit. Theres only two more episodes to go though and he regularly posts status updates on his patreon.

Reactions: LogID

supermanxx0

Apr 9, 2018
Does anyone know any other games like Acting Lessons with a great story and characters? Trying to find more like it

4.60 star(s) 810 Votes