Spenders_McGee

Jun 30, 2017
I've never commented on a game before, but here I felt the need. I really enjoyed the story initially and felt it reflected the ups and downs if real life. It had compelling characters that I came to care about. When I got to the fire scene I was totally disappointed. As some one else has posted the story became "my granny's soap opera." Just when the characters achieve a moment of happiness it has to be immediately taken from them. Maybe in a future chapter the main characters can get married and a long dead spouse can turn up alive only later to be discovered to be an evil twin. It was this story's jump the shark moment. The next chapter is ludicrous. If there is some later explanation that this whole story has been imaginary I think it just makes the whole thing worse. We go from jumping the shark to the Dallas dream season. Can the fire and the subsequent update be the dream and everything before fire be the reality?
I entirely agree with this, and have also never posted on a game. I remain playing the game because I enjoy the characters and want to see how their story ends, but since the fire scene, a considerable amount of enjoyment has been lost for me. The twist at the end of Episode 7 also just me made laugh a bit and cringe, but anywho, all the best to the author in finishing this story.

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
I liked this game too, but, I'm not gonna lie, I don't like the direction the story script has gone into.
It just feels like the authors wanted to make something different from other games at all costs, these last chapters' "twists" just feel forced to me and way over the top. That is a disappointment to me.

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
That line "when did this spiral out of control" in combo with the title Acting Lessons (which until now played a very minor role in the plot) makes me think this whole thing could be indeed some improv show on TV like the famed "Schillerstraße" or the recent "Mord mit Ansage" (Murder on Command) from Germany, or - I suppose that show has the same concept - "Whose Line is it anyway" in which the given commands are increasingly "out there".

evilgrim

Jul 28, 2018
I really liked this game , but the last two episodes have kinda put me off the game a little bit , for one thing i don't think i would like to be put in a situation with the fire where you have to choose who to save ....

I must admit i like the crazy nurse Leah :)

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

pb2eb

May 7, 2018
I dont feel like downloading this after the fire scene. I am sorry. I loved this game, but it just went into direction I cant go with.
Yeah, if your worst case speculation on what happens after the fire makes you uncomfortable I would recommend not playing further. Personally, I was fully ready to accept the possibility that Megan would die if left behind and I was still shocked by how chapter seven turned out.

People seem optimistic that there could be a number of justifications for a happy ending so maybe come back when the game is done. Myself, I may return to this thread for spoilers simply to see if any theories that have been thrown out are accurate but spending more time playing a game that seems to be designed to jerk around its players is not satisfying for me.

Wookie

Dec 27, 2017
I have enjoyed working through the chapters until now, but I have to say that Ch 7 is a real disappointment.
The run time is so short, you just start to get into it and it is all over.
Compared to other chapters this seems like a real cop out, a stop-gap offering to keep the punters involved while further development is done. :frown:

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

AGoodDay2Die

Feb 9, 2018
I've never commented on a game before, but here I felt the need. I really enjoyed the story initially and felt it reflected the ups and downs if real life. It had compelling characters that I came to care about. When I got to the fire scene I was totally disappointed. As some one else has posted the story became "my granny's soap opera." Just when the characters achieve a moment of happiness it has to be immediately taken from them. Maybe in a future chapter the main characters can get married and a long dead spouse can turn up alive only later to be discovered to be an evil twin. It was this story's jump the shark moment. The next chapter is ludicrous. If there is some later explanation that this whole story has been imaginary I think it just makes the whole thing worse. We go from jumping the shark to the Dallas dream season. Can the fire and the subsequent update be the dream and everything before fire be the reality?

If it was a soap opera, one of the girls would have had a baby in chapter 3, sent it away for some reason in chapter 4, and it would've come back as a 30 year old lawyer in chapter 7. Every dead character would show up alive 2 or 3 chapters after their "death" - although some of them would look like completely different people. MC & Megan would get married, get pregnant, and then find out that Megan was actually either the MC's long-lost sister or a daughter he never knew existed - or both! SOMEBODY would have a pet rabbit for Leah to boil in a pot on their stove and our nasty nurse would bring down a huge 4th of July blizzard using the Ice Princess & Carbolic Snow. Liam would catch space herpes from a little green girl but it would cure his cancer. And every ridiculous bit of it would be far, far better than what we've had done to us in chapters 6 & 7 and what it looks like we'll suffer in chapter 8! (Those of us who bother with chapter 8, anyway. It's like that train wreck you can't look away from... )

Nemerfade

Oct 29, 2017
Last few episodes felt really depressing. From your best friend having cancer to people you like dying. Way too dark for simple sex game

Marsow

Feb 2, 2018
So, who do you think was the best actor in this story so far? :)

And who do you think was teaching whom a lesson in or outside of the game? :D

Personally I think it's an awesome story so far. The only thing that bugs me was/is the pacing. Too much of really intense stuff is happening in this short timespan of "only" 8 episodes for my liking. But everything else tickles and hurts in just the right way, be it good or bad outcome. In the end it will be just a story that the author thought needed to be told and I'm fairly certain that it was already worth to do so and to experience it too (at least for me, hehe).

Thanks to DPC for this piece of (compressed) art! :D

Ps.: There will be at least a bitter-sweet ending. ;)

Patpong

Jun 11, 2018
Games gone all Game of Thrones - loads of tits and bums in the first few episodes followed by hardly any. Was there any sex at all in the latest update? I couldnt find any.

Used to be a fan - not anymore.

Reactions: Belnick

paust.alex

Apr 15, 2018
I really hoped that we would have some sweet and happy ménage à trois, or just happy life together, but the latest update makes it more and more doubtful, especially after the phrase that only my friend Liam can pick me up from a psychiatrist. Maybe I think too much and I am mistaken, because if I chose Rena, it is impossible that she would not be aware of the fact that something happened to her daughter. Now I only hope that the game will develop equally in all directions, and my choice will not turn into the fact that I will see less content

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
So, who do you think was the best actor in this story so far? :)

And who do you think was teaching whom a lesson in or outside of the game? :D

Personally I think it's an awesome story so far. The only thing that bugs me was/is the pacing. Too much of really intense stuff is happening in this short timespan of "only" 8 episodes for my liking. But everything else tickles and hurts in just the right way, be it good or bad outcome. In the end it will be just a story that the author thought needed to be told and I'm fairly certain that it was already worth to do so and to experience it too (at least for me, hehe).

Thanks to DPC for this piece of (compressed) art! :D

Ps.: There will be at least a bitter-sweet ending. ;)
Agree on the pacing. I felt it was a bit too fast early on when Jonas and Megan started dating. What got me super interested in the first place was the potential of developing a relationship through acting rehearsals and roleplaying. Could have been a lot of awkward and sexy scenes. With everything turning serious it's probably all but gone.

I think the reason why the game seems to rush its plots is that it was never meant to be a big VN with 50+ hours playthrough. I can totally understand why the dev would want to start smaller to see if it is even viable doing this sort business. Finishing the first game quickly means he can sell the game on platforms like steam and get resources for bigger projects. Given the quality of the game, it seems a bit of missed opportunity not to expand beyond the original scope of 8 episodes though.

Reactions: extractied

Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
I think this creator should view his users as his editor of sorts.
When overwhelmingly told this isn't the direction that the story should go. Nobody wants this.
You'd imagine that someone would rethink or at least make it so it's not 100% gonna happen. Depending on choices in the game. Choices which seem to be useless.
I get that he want's to tell his "story" and that it's based on some sort of reality (doubt it)
but as many others have written and as I myself said when that chapter was released. The fire stuff really killed the game for me.
Best of luck with telling your story.

4.60 star(s) 810 Votes