fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
Didnt see that coming
My first instinct when I read this was "You should have been reading the comments here!" Haha and then I realized, "Oh, wait, yea... fuck..." I read every doomsday "He better not have!" post here before the update and I didn't see that coming either. I figured all along it was bait, and was NOT prepared for actual consequences.

Reactions: mitjo and Enyos

alexw14615

Oct 15, 2018
OMFG what a fucking story.
not a lot of sex with that path i chose but what a fucking story.
ive kind of fallen for her myself...i dont know if i want to play chapter 8
wow!

Greugreu

Nov 12, 2017
Awesome game. I played it in one go and I can't believe it. Great great story telling, it's not often that I openly laugh out loud in front of my screen or else. How much time does the creator takes to do an episode usually ?

Edit : New game in my banner, there. Deserved it.

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
There are some things that I am willing to overlook because of the necessities of the medium. If MC's family had rushed to his side while he was in the hospital the writer would have had to deal with their presence as a part of the story. Megan can't take care of him if his family is doing it. Time would then have to be spent writing them out of the story. And while my immediate thought was also that Rena's blue hair might affect her ability to get roles, it was not a big deal because VN's seemed to have started in Japan (I am by no means a VN historian) where blue hair seems to be common with VN characters. Besides we needed the Smurf jokes. I understand the need to streamline. The character does not work so we don't have to deal with a workplace. Melissa and Megan end up living with MC so we don't have to deal with a bunch of different locations and it speeds up the relationship building process (I wonder if if incest VN's and games are so prevalent here in part for those reasons.) It's not a 300 page book so some liberties have to be taken. Regardless of the small plot holes I was enjoying the story to the point that I was ready to go to the author's Patreon page and start supporting him and then the fire. It all changed.

It's not just a matter of something occurring in the story that I did not like. It's a matter of something occurring that is totally implausible. There have been people speculating in this forum on how Leah could have rendered the two women unconscious. None of the speculation has been very realistic. If we are to believe that only one woman could be saved, don't have them lying next to each other.

I said before that the Leah plot twist was ridiculous as you point out that Leah is the reason that MC and Megan (and later Melissa) get together. I found this site, these games, these VN's by accident. I saw a clip of Summertime Saga on youtube and I thought it looked like Leisure Suit Larry. It was mildly amusing and tried some other games. I hated most of them and did not finish most because I felt like I was playing a rapist. This VN was different. It at least gave you the option to care about the other characters in the story and build a relationship with them.

Some people have compared the story to other works of fiction and tragedies in those works. I am not sure how Star Wars got into this, it's got "wars" right in the title some people have to die. Some one else pointed out some books where characters finally get together only to have someone die from a disease. Diseases happen every day. Being forced to choose to save one person you care about and to let another be burned in a fire that was set by a hot nurse that was raping you while you were in a coma in the hospital is not the same thing. The author may have wanted to create a tragedy and he did. Unfortunately the tragedy is that he had a great story going and he sent it on this chaotic downward spiral from which I see no escape.

This developer is planning another story. I am not planning to follow it. Maybe when it is completely finished I will read the comments about the story to see if the author learned anything from the mistakes he made here. I guess that is what I am really hoping by writing these comments, that the next attempt will take what was good about this story without ruining it with what was bad.

Greugreu

Nov 12, 2017
There are some things that I am willing to overlook because of the necessities of the medium. If MC's family had rushed to his side while he was in the hospital the writer would have had to deal with their presence as a part of the story. Megan can't take care of him if his family is doing it. Time would then have to be spent writing them out of the story. And while my immediate thought was also that Rena's blue hair might affect her ability to get roles, it was not a big deal because VN's seemed to have started in Japan (I am by no means a VN historian) where blue hair seems to be common with VN characters. Besides we needed the Smurf jokes. I understand the need to streamline. The character does not work so we don't have to deal with a workplace. Melissa and Megan end up living with MC so we don't have to deal with a bunch of different locations and it speeds up the relationship building process (I wonder if if incest VN's and games are so prevalent here in part for those reasons.) It's not a 300 page book so some liberties have to be taken. Regardless of the small plot holes I was enjoying the story to the point that I was ready to go to the author's Patreon page and start supporting him and then the fire. It all changed.

It's not just a matter of something occurring in the story that I did not like. It's a matter of something occurring that is totally implausible. There have been people speculating in this forum on how Leah could have rendered the two women unconscious. None of the speculation has been very realistic. If we are to believe that only one woman could be saved, don't have them lying next to each other.

I said before that the Leah plot twist was ridiculous as you point out that Leah is the reason that MC and Megan (and later Melissa) get together. I found this site, these games, these VN's by accident. I saw a clip of Summertime Saga on youtube and I thought it looked like Leisure Suit Larry. It was mildly amusing and tried some other games. I hated most of them and did not finish most because I felt like I was playing a rapist. This VN was different. It at least gave you the option to care about the other characters in the story and build a relationship with them.

Some people have compared the story to other works of fiction and tragedies in those works. I am not sure how Star Wars got into this, it's got "wars" right in the title some people have to die. Some one else pointed out some books where characters finally get together only to have someone die from a disease. Diseases happen every day. Being forced to choose to save one person you care about and to let another be burned in a fire that was set by a hot nurse that was raping you while you were in a coma in the hospital is not the same thing. The author may have wanted to create a tragedy and he did. Unfortunately the tragedy is that he had a great story going and he sent it on this chaotic downward spiral from which I see no escape.

This developer is planning another story. I am not planning to follow it. Maybe when it is completely finished I will read the comments about the story to see if the author learned anything from the mistakes he made here. I guess that is what I am really hoping by writing these comments, that the next attempt will take what was good about this story without ruining it with what was bad.

Spoiler tags please.

Like this "[ SPOILER][ /SPOILER]" without spaces.

4.60 star(s) 807 Votes