Rook2099

Oct 18, 2018
I think it's really stupid of you to assume that. Doc has been repeatedly saying that he had the whole idea panned out right from the beginning. He even had the number of different endings known around the 3rd update. It's pretty obvious that the whole thing is meticulously planned. The choices and the branches in the earlier updates are still showing effect in the latest updates. So to tell he killed the characters just because he didn't know what was going is blatantly insulting t the dev.
Is not blatantly insult. Is mistake from him in assuming. Did not know, has been corrected. If not knowing this from what DrPinkCake has said it is easy mistake to be making as the fire and twist are bad in way they are done. It seems like pulling from ass even if it is not. Do not know if it is better for being planned to always go to bad from beginning, or if not.

But it show that if building from bad blueprint materials can be highest quality (Romance and story, Liam, Friendship of the girls) but house will still fall to parts at the ending.

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
I think it's really stupid of you to assume that. Doc has been repeatedly saying that he had the whole idea panned out right from the beginning. He even had the number of different endings known around the 3rd update. It's pretty obvious that the whole thing is meticulously planned. The choices and the branches in the earlier updates are still showing effect in the latest updates. So to tell he killed the characters just because he didn't know what was going is blatantly insulting t the dev.
well him saying that and it actually being true are completely different things. If you meticulously plan something you don't spend 6 hours building up character relationships to suddenly throw them away because of Truck-Kun. I'm not going to continue talking about the same point everyone else has already made and i'll just get banned, this thread has already been purged once or twice.

DD0

Jan 13, 2018
geez..i dont look at this thread for a week and it goes to hell :p YAY..Dr PinkCake is back :D my final word before the final update..this is still a top 5 game on this site..and the fact it has affected so many so strongly is proof that it is a powerful story...do you buy a novel and then go after the writer for not writing it so it will end the way you demand it does?..no!..same here...(for you millennials..a novel is a bunch of pieces of paper bound by a spine with printed words on it...it dosnt speak to you through headphones..you have to actually work it :p ) having one of the main-gals die hit me hard and made me unhappy..but i accept it as part of the story..same as having my initial favorite in DA die shocked me..but i accepted it..the story is very good in both..to threaten to stop playing because the story isnt doing what you want it to do is like a 6 year old at christmas screaming at his mom because the wrong pokemon was purchased..you know you'll play the final chapter..regardless how much you say you wont..human nature says you will not be able to move forward without seeing how it ends :p this is and remains..a top 5 game here..period..end of story...time for tea :D
okok..i have one regret about this game..we do not get to boink Rena's mom..dang she's a classy dame...HAHAHAAAAAAA
On one thing I disagree with you (besides the gratuitous jab at our young millennial friends). It is, in fact, perfectly natural to threaten to stop or actually stop playing a game for a variety of reasons revolving around overall satisfaction. The heap of unfinished games I have in boxes attests to that fact.
My regret is that I preferred Leah in both looks and life direction, and hoped she would be developed into something more. If seen IRL, all the other girls are a train wreck. Plus Leah was hot.

Vordertur

Jul 21, 2017
Prepare to be told that reason you do not like story is for not liking emotion.
I think it more boils down to this:

There are people who think that "Twists" in stories are this magical... thing. That you can throw everything else out the window as long as you have a SHOCKING TWIST that kicks everyone in the gonads. Most of the defenses I've seen seem to hinge around the idea that "Sudden, unexpected changes to the status quo of a storyline are the best thing ever and if you don't like them, something is wrong with you."

Those of us on the opposing side (while obviously just being annoyed that our fap fantasies were ruined - :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:) prefer methodical, deliberate storytelling methods that don't rely on seemingly (note the bolding of that word) arbitrary turns in the plot to generate shock value.

(Why the bold on "seemingly?" Because I'm aware that PinkCake has said this was "the plan all along." Ok. But author input is only ONE factor you take into account when discussing a work. Or so all those damn lit theory classes I sat through used to say. It still "reads" like a plot twist that came out of left field, and as people keep harping on, the drastic tonal shift isn't something that should be glossed over or ignored regardless of whatever the author intended. If he didn't want us "readers" to pick up on a drastic tonal shift, he should have covered his tracks better. He didn't.)

Enyos

Mar 29, 2018
And the question that has been in turn poised (unanswered) has been, "Would it still have had that emotional impact if there had been a thriller tag or more obvious foreshadowing?", or "How could it have been alluded to better without giving it away?". Liking it or not, is purely a matter of opinion. It doesn't mean that it is or isn't written well, if your opinion is negative towards the writing mechanics used. Things aren't black and white, and most subjects are a purely grey area. They only become divisive when you label them as good or bad.

Reactions: Nekura

Vordertur

Jul 21, 2017
And the question that has been in turn poised (unanswered) has been, "Would it still have had that emotional impact if there had been a thriller tag or more obvious foreshadowing?", or "How could it have been alluded to better without giving it away?". Liking it or not, is purely a matter of opinion. It doesn't mean that it is or isn't written well, if your opinion is negative towards the writing mechanics used. Things aren't black and white, and most subjects are a purely grey area. They only become divisive when you label them as good or bad.
Here's the thing. You're arguing that "emotional impact" card as if it's the be-all and end-all of story writing. As if this is THE big payoff and that everything else, from characterization, to narrative cohesion, can be sacrificed as long as "You made the audience cry at the end."

I suppose you're right that it's a subjective question, but yeah, I'd say it's not the best way to tell a story. There's only so much mileage you can get out of "shock value" and to rely on it for your "heavy lifting" is, in my opinion, rather cheap writing.

And that, I suppose is the crux of it. "In my opinion." Because clearly I'm not allowed to make objective statements about how something is poorly telegraphed, or how such sudden, drastic tonal shifts are jarring and make a work more difficult to process, because in the end, it all boils down to "This guy likes it, that guy doesn't."

I don't know. Like, I genuinely don't mean to insult with this, but there's a reason why those who rely a lot on those kinds of "twists" tend to be one-trick ponies. It's not the most sustainable method of writing. And everything, from my own experiences writing stuff, to yes, those ridiculous formal classes everyone's taken for a semester in school, says that you don't put all your eggs in that basket. If people like it, they like it, I'm not arguing that people can't like stuff. What I am saying and have been saying is that regardless of "emotional impact" or whatever, it's a flawed technique. When I offer critique, it is an attempt at saying "This is done well, this is done poorly," based on what I understand to be generally accepted technique versus flawed technique.

Liking (or not) what I'm reading is kind of not exactly relevant to the issue.

ESM13

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2016
Seriously .... People who make adult games Dafuq is wrong with you !!!
First My Girlfriend Amnesia now this !!!!
you try to give us pleasure or try to kill us with the fucking tragedy you write
Seriously stop this ... please

Rook2099

Oct 18, 2018
well him saying that and it actually being true are completely different things. If you meticulously plan something you don't spend 6 hours building up character relationships to suddenly throw them away because of Truck-Kun. I'm not going to continue talking about the same point everyone else has already made and i'll just get banned, this thread has already been purged once or twice.
There existing evidence to say that he had plan from the start. Leah psycho bitch hints are there in 1 but are hidden to make it Shamylan effect. Leah talk about photos too. Leah have crazy eyes. Cancer there from starting in hints also. No reason to think that @DrPinkCake is a liar.

I think it more boils down to this:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited by a moderator:

WhiteKnight3

Sep 4, 2018
Im sorry if this has been asked before, I've read the last few pages of this forum to no avail.

Is there any hint on 0.7 being uploaded for android anytime soon?

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
There existing evidence to say that he had plan from the start. Leah psycho bitch hints are there in 1 but are hidden to make it Shamylan effect. Leah talk about photos too. Leah have crazy eyes. Cancer there from starting in hints also. No reason to think that @DrPinkCake is a liar.

Wow...we're still talking about the plot? I thought the points of view were well established by now.

Rook2099

Oct 18, 2018
Wow...we're still talking about the plot? I thought the points of view were well established by now.

I suspect that is the question. For late dark stuff to work better, which is question it must have seen in early chapters. PinkCake has said that early scene were intending to be dark (robbing, Peter, Dick attack, stalker) but the problem comes from not making dark parts enough with story. Other problem is, in opinion that dark parts are weakest part of story. So would making darker early part of story fix later twist? I think yes in many ways. But you are right that it could make early part weaker. Problem is being that early part is ruined by later part any way, and reaction is strong because of feeling like slap to face.

Remember reply was made to asking "how" writing could make story better, what could change? Making tone more consistent is only part. Other part and in many ways worse and more important error is how twist is handled in the scene by itself. And also how villain of piece is being nothing to do with main story of game.

Points of view are set. You are right. But discussion remains green, because of extremes. Love twist or hate twist.

Jun 4, 2017
Welcome to club. Prepare to be told that reason you do not like story is for not liking emotion.

However you are wrong in what you say about story with PinkCake it was not writing of story into corner, it was opposite. Not fan in ways of bad twist. But twist was always in planning from beginning. Problem with DrPinkCake is that story he wrote does not work for twist he want. Or to not be mean, does not work for a lot of his fans after 6. DrPinkCake in QA has opinion that by Peter, by robbing in front of story, and Ana that enough thing was done to make fire natural. This is wrong. I am not first, and will never be last in saying that Peter, Dick, and robbery not actual threatening enough to counter the feel of humor and turn from romance into romance thriller. When I play, and others also say same, all villains are as jokes. Peter is made to be scary in episode 5, and episode 6, but game has complete joke about how many times MC hit him... surely he is not taken seriously.

So intention is that it was horror suspense the time entire with happy part to make characters cared about.

But biggest fail in game about choice of characters is that Leah, the killer ninja, has no thing to do with any character that is affected. if Peter had been setter of fire, then choice of one character can say was cause of deaths. Would not be good... but flow from action of Melissa to fire... could be a think to handle if she is survivor. Or thing for Megan to say she could have help more... if Megan live in stead.

But because fire is from Leah, and Leah has zero to do with girls in story, and MC can not to change action of Leah. Leah is instead monster. The burning of house and girls means nothing. It is not result of any choice or action of girls or MC. It does not come from their story. It is nothing but bad luck to be target of psychotic bitch. It mean nothing from story arc of Megan or Melissa. It mean nothing to story arc of MC, more than even if he did not to fucking her. Is not tragedy because tragedy comes from the action of the characters. It is not suspense movie, because suspense need information, and players are not given information. It is not thriller, because in thriller movie danger must be real for period of time to make It is horror movie. Leah is monster, and Megan and Melissa are victims as if to Jason from 13th Friday.
IMHO, this is a fair and insightful critique.

That's just admittance of going around in circles and staying on to belittle the story and troll those with differing opinions. *sigh*
That's not fair to @Rook2099--or to @Vordertur, for that matter; those two are conducting a masterclass in literary criticism here. They aren't belittling the story, they're taking it seriously, and they're doing the exact backwards of trolling those with whom they disagree.

Last edited:

asus

Feb 11, 2018
i just finish the game and icant i just cant continue man this is too much y uhavt this game developer T.T

4.60 star(s) 813 Votes