MrChickenSir

Dec 9, 2019
maaaan, i just finished this game and had the emotional roller coaster of the year. Though, I wonder, considering its from the same creator - that this and being a DIK is from the same universe and how it all lines up. I mean, historically, who came first? AL MC or BaDIK MC.

...then again, don't mind me. its just midnight brainfarts.

Reactions: Red469

Josh Spicer

Sep 19, 2018
maaaan, i just finished this game and had the emotional roller coaster of the year. Though, I wonder, considering its from the same creator - that this and being a DIK is from the same universe and how it all lines up. I mean, historically, who came first? AL MC or BaDIK MC.

...then again, don't mind me. its just midnight brainfarts.
Be a DIK is a "prequel" to Acting Lessons.

Riblit

Oct 16, 2019
probably the best VN Game i have ever played i was a bit pissed at the end
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
but i loved the game it pulled at my heart strings and made me want more so now i follow DrPinkCake everywhere

Necronomenah

Nov 22, 2019
This game had a serious impact on my life. DrPinkCake has earned an eternal fan in me. Will be supporting his patreon. Just.... Wow.

Aug 11, 2017
Is there a lot of talking about how old MC is? I wanna give this game a try, but it's kinda off putting to me that MC is a middle aged man.. I'm 23, I don't wanna play as an old dude.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Is there a lot of talking about how old MC is? I wanna give this game a try, but it's kinda off putting to me that MC is a middle aged man.. I'm 23, I don't wanna play as an old dude.
He's not that old I think he was mid to late 30s but I wouldn't let that put you off it's a good game.

Saeno

Sep 15, 2019
Fuck, that ending fucked me up honestly. I absolutely loved playing this game, I easily cried at least three times. Being a DIK is great so far; I'm loving PinkCake's work. Can't wait for more!

docsteel

Aug 20, 2017
Fuuuuuuck "that" ending. Seriously. I can understand it being AN ending, but not an unavoidable choice.

I was planning on replaying this game multiple times to find all of the endings, but after having been absolutely cheated out of my efforts by that scene I no longer care about any of them. I purposefully didn't read a walkthrough before I started the game, but after THAT happened I immediately went to read about where I went wrong--only to find I didn't. It's a bullshit move. Particularly in an adult game like this.

Need a hero fan with skills to code in a mod for this game that gives us the ending we SHOULD have gotten with those two.

Also, there needs to be a new tag created for endings like that: Boner-killer

Reactions: Josh Spicer
Aug 11, 2017
Fuck, that ending fucked me up honestly. I absolutely loved playing this game, I easily cried at least three times. Being a DIK is great so far; I'm loving PinkCake's work. Can't wait for more!
If Acting Lessons is anything to go by, BADIK is gonna have some fucked up twists as well... I honestly don't know if I wanna keep playing that game. Won't pull my patron, but I'm not looking forward to what he has planned.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
If Acting Lessons is anything to go by, BADIK is gonna have some fucked up twists as well... I honestly don't know if I wanna keep playing that game. Won't pull my patron, but I'm not looking forward to what he has planned.
I don't think BaDIK will be as dark as this was not with what happened towards the end, it's supposed to be a bit more light-hearted and you ain't the only one who will be having second thoughts if they want to continue with the story if it was to go down some dark route, it's not really needed in a school setting.

Aug 11, 2017
I don't think BaDIK will be as dark as this was not with what happened towards the end, it's supposed to be a bit more light-hearted and you ain't the only one who will be having second thoughts if they want to continue with the story if it was to go down some dark route, it's not really needed in a school setting.
Well I certainly hope you're right. But if you remember, the first time you open the game, Jill is asking you some question about being ok with some dark shit or if you're easily offended. I'm plenty ok with dark shit and I'm very hard to offend, but I certainly don't wanna relive Acting Lessons. But you're probably right, I don't see how someone dying would fit into this story.

MrChickenSir

Dec 9, 2019

well, we already have the "share they boyfriend" pattern in BaDIK. I'm not letting my guard down on that.

...then again, i'm a Sage guy so the roomies can have their way.

Like most people in the thread have mentioned, the ending does fuck you up a bit. On the side of wishful thinking, we deserve to be happy. Hopefully we get a good ending mod. Maybe a harem ending too with Rena - but that's asking for too much.

EDIT: I chose Megan for the story. Since then, Melissa has been haunting me in my dreams.

Reactions: Mormont

docsteel

Aug 20, 2017
Like most people in the thread have mentioned, the ending does fuck you up a bit. On the side of wishful thinking, we deserve to be happy. Hopefully we get a good ending mod. Maybe a harem ending too with Rena - but that's asking for too much.

EDIT: I chose Megan for the story. Since then, Melissa has been haunting me in my dreams.
Yeah, I'm fine with there being "dark" endings in adult games like this, but not if it's the ONLY choice. I mean, kudos for the storytelling, because that was great, and if I had been able to work around it in a second playthrough by making different decisions I would have been fine with it. Having it forced on you, however, blows.

There's supposedly something like 20+ different endings, but what's the point if THAT choice is mandatory in pretty much all of them? I don't need to have a harem ending in all of my games, but polyamorous relationships like what was shaping up in this game ARE a thing that happens more often than you'd think. Real kick in the balls to have that route 100% cut off.

MrChickenSir

Dec 9, 2019
Yeah, I'm fine with there being "dark" endings in adult games like this, but not if it's the ONLY choice. I mean, kudos for the storytelling, because that was great, and if I had been able to work around it in a second playthrough by making different decisions I would have been fine with it. Having it forced on you, however, blows.

There's supposedly something like 20+ different endings, but what's the point if THAT choice is mandatory in pretty much all of them? I don't need to have a harem ending in all of my games, but polyamorous relationships like what was shaping up in this game ARE a thing that happens more often than you'd think. Real kick in the balls to have that route 100% cut off.
A lot of different endings but the climax of the story
remains the same.

idk if i missed something here, but there are quite a few...

I really wish that there was a happy ending. It still breaks my heart when I think about it.

docsteel

Aug 20, 2017
A lot of different endings but the climax of the story remains the same.
Yes, that's what I mean: That's bullshit. Taking what would have been a happy ending for all involved and throwing it away because "reasons". I ended up with the first of the endings you mentioned and knew about the rest of them, but I deleted the game as soon as I got through it once.

I'll wait until BADIK is finished and then read comments for that one before I give it a try. If it has anything similar in it I have no interest. Sure, these are adult games, but they're still a time and emotional investment in them (particularly when the story is good), so having the rug completely pulled out from under you unfairly is not worth it to me.

Reactions: Tw-OP
4.60 star(s) 806 Votes