JuniorAT

Dec 25, 2017
Finished the latest build for the first time and I gotta say I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying the interactions and actually caring for some of the characters. In particular I had my eyes on Melissa from the start, but after learning about her being a victim of constant physical abuse, I now don't care about any of the other girls. Domestic violence is such a sensitive topic for me and when I saw her with a black eye due to my actions of fighting back her step-father, I couldn't hold back my tears. I hope Melissa gets a good ending with the MC.

tg

May 1, 2017
... and when I saw her with a black eye due to my actions of fighting back her step-father, I couldn't hold back my tears. I hope Melissa gets a good ending with the MC.
Yeah, bit of a spoiler there, not that I mind. But, I didn't actually choose that path, since I thought something like that might happen if I went that way. Either that, or the wife would have copped it.

But, now that we know there's a consequence of doing that, there're a few questions about that last chapter I really don't have answers to.

So, I've seen people mention some kind of big talk with Liam at the end. I didn't get that, but in summary, it did say he was keeping a bit secret from me. So, is it possible to unlock that within the chapter so you get that talk?

Also, there was a point about me not defending him from the racist remarks. And I think the only time remarks like that were used was in that confrontation with the dad (with the gun). I chose not to hit him, and was that why I failed to defend Liam? If that's right, does it come down to this: punch the guy and defend Liam (and get Melissa beaten up), or walk away and get that negative point with Liam, but have Melissa safe?

I probably will go back and redo chapter 3 to see if I can get a better result there. But, since it was already mentioned, I was curious.

Ashbash

Apr 28, 2017
One of my favourite bits in this game is the inferno club scene, the entire scene is just comedy gold. Liam is so hilarious, and the instant cut to the club scene had me in stitches! Time to bring some ice because they got burned! Gosh the writing is genius.

The writing in the game is genius Dr Pinkcake hats off to you good sir!

Kinderfeld

Developer of Now & Then and The Interim Domain
Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
Yeah, usually "buddy" characters in these games are barely tolerable. Liam, on the other hand, is the best fucking bro ever. The quick cut from the previous scene to Liam in the club is perhaps the best transition I've seen yet.

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
I love the concept of acting out scenes, it can lead to so many sexy scenarios that reference movies. Hopefully in the late game you can do an Eyes Wide Shut scenario. :)

LidTheStanker

Aug 8, 2017
Gotta say my ideal scenario was teased in the game already when Megan mentions Rena moving in as a joke, and when she comes up with polyamory on her own as something off the top of her head. Hoping she might more open than it initially appears and the MC can avoid being a bad guy by staying vague. It doesn't seem like it so far, but you never know

K18

Apr 19, 2018
Gotta say my ideal scenario was teased in the game already when Megan mentions Rena moving in as a joke, and when she comes up with polyamory on her own as something off the top of her head. Hoping she might more open than it initially appears and the MC can avoid being a bad guy by staying vague. It doesn't seem like it so far, but you never know
Same here, Thought the same thing when those scenes came up. Maybe it's foreshadowing or maybe the creator is just teasing and messing with us. Maybe it'll be a possible route, seeing from the end of the last update Melissa starts staying with the MC and Megan. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
Same here, Thought the same thing when those scenes came up. Maybe it's foreshadowing or maybe the creator is just teasing and messing with us. Maybe it'll be a possible route, seeing from the end of the last update Melissa starts staying with the MC and Megan. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.
I think someone needs to hand Megan a script for a Hugh Hefner bio pic. Then it's time for some intense method acting.

HalGLC

May 12, 2017
I just have to admit that I was against Liam at first because, well, what does a non-MC black man generally mean in a game? (Answer: NTR more often than not)

So I appreciate the walkthrough outright saying Liam's just legit your friend.

iwannapumpkin

Oct 15, 2017
You probably downloaded the PC Extras. Regardless, the extras come with an instructions-macOS.txt file.

Edit: I generally use my PC, but if I remember right, the .rpa file goes in the contents/resources/autorun/game folder.
Thanks for the reply!
Downloaded the mac extras but it still isn't working for me :(

Eunoian

Artist & Writer
Donor
Jul 15, 2018
Thanks for the reply!
Downloaded the mac extras but it still isn't working for me :(
If you followed the instructions in the .txt file, then the game should say "Extras: Available" on the home screen (top right corner). If that still did not work for you, maybe @Dr PinkCake will be around with a suggestion. He frequents the forum quite often. Sorry, I use my mac for work and PC for gaming, so I can't test it out.

iwannapumpkin

Oct 15, 2017
If you followed the instructions in the .txt file, then the game should say "Extras: Available" on the home screen (top right corner). If that still did not work for you, maybe @Dr PinkCake will be around with a suggestion. He frequents the forum quite often. Sorry, I use my mac for work and PC for gaming, so I can't test it out.
Yup, I followed the instructions (putting the .rpa file in the same folder as the main app) but it still says extras are unavailable.

Appreciate your help though! The game's still fantastic anyway!

D

Dr PinkCake

Yup, I followed the instructions (putting the .rpa file in the same folder as the main app) but it still says extras are unavailable.

Appreciate your help though! The game's still fantastic anyway!
That's not what the instructions say.
The extras.rpa belong in the "game" directory. I created a directory with the proper subdirectories so you just can merge the folder with the app and it will patch itself. If it doesn't work by simply dragging the folder to the app, copy the Extras.rpa file and put it in the "Contents\Resources\autorun\game" dir.

Reactions: Krull

Eunoian

Artist & Writer
Donor
Jul 15, 2018
The extras.rpa belong in the "game" directory. I created a directory with the proper subdirectories so you just can merge the folder with the app and it will patch itself. If it doesn't work by simply dragging the folder to the app, copy the Extras.rpa file and put it in the "Contents\Resources\autorun\game" dir.
hmmmm... that's what I said yesterday :p

iwannapumpkin

Oct 15, 2017
Whoops, sorry about that. I tried your instructions and its still not working on my mac...
I might just give up and use my PC instead.
Great game by the way!

D

Dr PinkCake

What do you mean? When I extracted the zip, its just has the main game and the change log. (I extracted it again to make sure)
Right click that app and select Explore. Navigate to the game path "Contents\Resources\autorun\game". It should be filled with different kinds of rpa file. Put Extras.rpa there. Start the app.

Reactions: Krull and Eunoian

iwannapumpkin

Oct 15, 2017
Right click that app and select Explore. Navigate to the game path "Contents\Resources\autorun\game". It should be filled with different kinds of rpa file. Put Extras.rpa there. Start the app.
Just tried this and it finally works! Thank you so much and keep up the good work! Will surely support when I can!

Many thanks to @Eunoian too!

4.60 star(s) 811 Votes