Babooshkayaya

May 14, 2024
100% agree with everything you said.
And I agree 100% with both of you - couldn't wait to get rid of Megan, but not like that. The MC liked her, but I only related to Melissa and Rena, yet the game forces the player to like Megan. Not enough choice in this and right now, after the trauma of The Incident', I'm not going to finish this game because it isn't a game or an AVN because the choices are mainly made for the player. If you disagree, after couple times it then forces you down that same route with only one option to choose.

I cannot recommend this at all. A disappointing waste of a few hours of my life.

Babooshkayaya

May 14, 2024
Just like in real life, isn't it? :sneaky: You cannot control who lives and who dies. You cannot control whether a girl likes you or not.
Not quite - the choices we have are wider than the two similar options given. For example, twice I was given 2 options with one of them favoured but when you choose the less favoured one after a couple more screens, you still get forced down the route the author insists we go down.

That is not like real life. In real life we have free will and no one gets to limit the choices available to us to just options in a certain direction. In the words of Ryan Reynolds' Deadpool "that's just lazy writing"

Reactions: ZenoMod

Milton749

Jul 26, 2023
Not quite - the choices we have are wider than the two similar options given. For example, twice I was given 2 options with one of them favoured but when you choose the less favoured one after a couple more screens, you still get forced down the route the author insists we go down.

That is not like real life. In real life we have free will and no one gets to limit the choices available to us to just options in a certain direction. In the words of Ryan Reynolds' Deadpool "that's just lazy writing"
I definitely wouldn't call it lazy writing. DPC had a story he wanted to tell and that story revolved around Megan.

I say this as someone who inserts himself as the MC and I didn't like Megan from the start, and as I was forced into a relationship with her, I got more and more frustrated and started to really dislike her to the point, I wasn't sad, although I know many others were.

You could make the choices to be with Melissa and Rena (personally I liked Hedwig the best), but you were always going to be with Megan as well. That was the way it was planned. As an immersion player, I hate forced choices, especially that I wouldn't make, like Megan. But i had to accept it or move onto another game. I wanted to see how it ended, so I finished it and probably will never play it again, as Megan would frustrate me too much.

But the writing is actually very good. It's just the choices (for those that don't like Megan, or at least like someone else better), that make you feel pissed. But DPC always planned to revolve it around Megan.

Mizav

Dec 12, 2020
Is anybody know the name of song in the wedding scene with Melissa?
I ask about version 1.0, cause in the latest version PinkCake change song....

iamcomming

Apr 22, 2024
I definitely wouldn't call it lazy writing. DPC had a story he wanted to tell and that story revolved around Megan.

I say this as someone who inserts himself as the MC and I didn't like Megan from the start, and as I was forced into a relationship with her, I got more and more frustrated and started to really dislike her to the point, I wasn't sad, although I know many others were.

You could make the choices to be with Melissa and Rena (personally I liked Hedwig the best), but you were always going to be with Megan as well. That was the way it was planned. As an immersion player, I hate forced choices, especially that I wouldn't make, like Megan. But i had to accept it or move onto another game. I wanted to see how it ended, so I finished it and probably will never play it again, as Megan would frustrate me too much.

But the writing is actually very good. It's just the choices (for those that don't like Megan, or at least like someone else better), that make you feel pissed. But DPC always planned to revolve it around Megan.
i didnt like Megan too, but at the end i feel sorry for her, because she was only good. not like the others. (i have a thing for the only good girls...) so at first i saved Melissa, but when she said, Megan didnt deserve it, she never did anything bad to anybody and she was too good for this life, i felt she has a very true point, so i just loaded back and saved Megan. funny, but Megan said something similar about Melissa, but i didnt felt she is right.
about the forcing... i am sensitive for it, but forcing to be with Megan is less hurt me than dpc other game with forcing Sage to be more than fwb or forcing dont go to Jill. i dont know why. but i feel the forcing is unrespectful to the players.
the writing or planing should drive the player on the game's path. (this game's path is Megan path) if it fail (for me not), than that is bad writing or planing.

Reactions: Milton749

vcxz

May 7, 2017
Is anybody know the name of song in the wedding scene with Melissa?
I ask about version 1.0, cause in the latest version PinkCake change song....
The song is called Memories, by the artist salaisuuxia.

A while ago, I wanted to replay Acting Lessons, after having completed version 1.0.0 back in the day. Now I knew that some songs were swapped due to copyright issues, however comments here on this forum led me to believe that there were only minor changes to the soundtrack, that you would barely even notice. No big deal, right?

Imagine my surprise when the ending song was replaced! 'Memories' was such a beautiful, emotional and fitting song to conclude this story and play during the end credits. I'm surprised nobody ever brought this up and no music restoration mod exists for Acting Lessons.

Personally, I consider 1.0.0 to be the preferred version of AL. V1.0.2 might have some bug fixes, but honestly I never came across any bugs before. As far as I can tell, one obscure ending can't be reached in v1.0.0. Oh well...
Speaking of, I feel the same way about version 0.8.2 of Being a DIK Season 1 & 2, since a significant part of the soundtrack has been removed on the 'final' version.

Mizav

Dec 12, 2020
The song is called Memories, by the artist salaisuuxia.

A while ago, I wanted to replay Acting Lessons, after having completed version 1.0.0 back in the day. Now I knew that some songs were swapped due to copyright issues, however comments here on this forum led me to believe that there were only minor changes to the soundtrack, that you would barely even notice. No big deal, right?

Imagine my surprise when the ending song was replaced! 'Memories' was such a beautiful, emotional and fitting song to conclude this story and play during the end credits. I'm surprised nobody ever brought this up and no music restoration mod exists for Acting Lessons.

Personally, I consider 1.0.0 to be the preferred version of AL. V1.0.2 might have some bug fixes, but honestly I never came across any bugs before. As far as I can tell, one obscure ending can't be reached in v1.0.0. Oh well...
Speaking of, I feel the same way about version 0.8.2 of Being a DIK Season 1 & 2, since a significant part of the soundtrack has been removed on the 'final' version.

Thank you, bro!!

I download that game, after so much time after first time play because of that final song and I was very upset when realize that it changed...

Now the worst thing that I can't find that song in the internet...

Reactions: vcxz

vcxz

May 7, 2017
Thank you, bro!!
You're welcome! (y)
I download that game, after so much time after first time play because of that final song and I was very upset when realize that it changed...
Yeah, I felt the same way. I almost thought I was the only one who didn't appreciate this change... Perhaps not many people replay the game, or they do like the new song.
Now the worst thing that I can't find that song in the internet...
The artist has a SoundCloud-profile, but it is possible you need an account to listen to this song. I did find it here:

A_Beatz

Jul 3, 2022
Reactions: Dentynhometal

Milton749

Jul 26, 2023
~>meh the side girls are more hot but the story is close to realism damn choosing which one to save was hard choice for me.
Agree, the only LI I found attractive was Rena. Melissa was alright, but her eyes kept freaking me out. I really struggled with the realism, because there is no way IRL that I would be drooling or chasing so hard after someone as bland and boring as Megan. Every time MC would rave about her, I found myself screaming 'No you don't'. So, choice wasn't actually hard for me. But, I would have preferred options to go after Hedwig (best name in any AVN), or back to Ana. I'm not bitching, DPC took us on HIS journey and thought he gave us a really good rollercoaster ride.

Jan 27, 2021
Agree, the only LI I found attractive was Rena. Melissa was alright, but her eyes kept freaking me out. I really struggled with the realism, because there is no way IRL that I would be drooling or chasing so hard after someone as bland and boring as Megan. Every time MC would rave about her, I found myself screaming 'No you don't'. So, choice wasn't actually hard for me. But, I would have preferred options to go after Hedwig (best name in any AVN), or back to Ana. I'm not bitching, DPC took us on HIS journey and thought he gave us a really good rollercoaster ride.
You can get back together with Ana.

Reactions: Milton749
4.60 star(s) 805 Votes