ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016

Take a look at the poll (and participate if you haven't already). It's quite interesting, as most comments here are about how Missy and Rena are favorites, yet Megan is up there in the top.
I think Meg and Missy are like cookies and cream, they're best together. So I can't really answer the poll. Ever watch the movie Professor Marston and the Wonder Women? Probably the best flick I've seen on polyamory and it's based on real people (creators of the lie detector and the Wonder Woman character.) It's interesting because for each of the three people in the relationship, the other two combine to make their perfect mate. When you take one of them away, it just doesn't work.

The game's still in the early phases, so we haven't seen yet how differences will compliment each other in a relationship. But what I can say is that Missy's naughty wouldn't work as well without the contrast of Meg's nice and vice versa. Take one of them out of the story and it doesn't work as well, they wouldn't shine. i don't think people take that into account.

Ulver

Apr 16, 2018

Take a look at the poll (and participate if you haven't already). It's quite interesting, as most comments here are about how Missy and Rena are favorites, yet Megan is up there in the top.
I couldn't help but check them all. All the characters are likeable You sir should write and publish a novel, a world wide novel. Kudos on that brain of yours.

PS: pls no kill Liam-bae
PSS: pls no choosing between Missy and Megan
PSSS: pls never end this novel
TY.

Reactions: DigitalDarkness

FRMC56

Dec 13, 2017
I'm sorry in advance, but I still can't understand what u guys find sexy on Melissa ... evil face, weird short (black! no way!) hair ... ring in nose ... her personality (fuck with stranger on the first day, rly?) ... it's nothing offensive, just i'm surprised that so many guys here likes her (the model is graphical just awesome, but not my taste). Kill me now.
Since I cannot help but project myself into the MC's viewpoint (I have to omit some bits of his backstory of course, haha), I didn't immediately become attached to Melissa because I didn't know her. I shied away from her little footsie at the cafe and even admitted to Megan that my first impression was that she seems a little wild (I wanted my response to hint at that, like Megan, felt that it be might be front for something else). Also, I have to believe that outside of what is presented to us, Megan must've talked about the MC to Melissa prior to their first meeting at the cafe in which Megan had already presented the MC as "great guy" and "saviour". It makes Melissa's forwardness upon that first meeting even more curious.

But I think her background scenario is what makes her attractive to a lot of players. She's this tough, sexy rebel girl fronting a hard personality because she's living in an abusive home with a drunk. Never underestimate the "Savior" fetish :)
Never actually knew if there exists a "Saviour" fetish, but now that I think about it I can't see why not. And in some way that's how I perceive Melissa to an extent; that she is the one who has this kind of fetish towards the MC (which can be greatly reinforced through the MC's actions as the story goes along).

I like Melissa's personality way more. I love an aggressive woman. She lets you know what she wants. She's flirty.
I cannot disagree that she appears as an aggressive and flirty girl, but in my opinion I'm not so sure if she knows what she wants.

When going down a Melissa + Megan path, there were a couple of instances that to me reinforced my initial feelings about Melissa not knowing what she wants.

The first instance was when Megan (and I'm going to paraphrase a bit here) asked when Melissa had sex with the MC and whether it was just for fun, and Melissa seemed to have an unconvincing response of "...Yes..."

The second instance (which actually happens relatively shortly after the first) is when Megan tells the MC that Melissa is probably in love with him, and Melissa's reaction seemed actually like admittance to her own conflicted feelings (whether or not that statement is true plus add in the fact that what is happening can possibly ruin friendships).

That's the awesome thing. We don't all have to have the same tastes. Not one of us is right or wrong.
Not too much to say here except that I agree. I never claim to be an expert of people (their beliefs, feelings, etc.), and most people probably think I'm a dork for thinking so much on fictional situations. I just love hearing different sides to something I enjoy and the discussions that follow (which in this thread seems to be continuing in a polite and constructive manner for the most part - and that's awesome!).

Hell it's the same with Liam. Tons of people post how much they love him. I like him well enough. Sometimes I think he's funny. In my playthrough he has been 100% my boy but I could easily do without his content.
Funny to think that this is probably considered a controversial statement in this thread, but I share your feelings on Liam. He is definitely an anchor for the MC story-wise (how much more of one is still yet to be shown in future installments), but I don't think his comedic scenes are the only things that define him which I feel a lot of people attach to his character upon meeting him. And just so everyone knows I don't believe that's wrong or anything...but I'm just in the same boat as some others who might think people may be putting Liam on some sort pedestal (and I mean this jokingly, so please Liam fans don't take this "too" seriously).

Gonna keep an "all girls" save going just for the sake of getting the fully gallery unlocked and such... but, really just want to see how the relationships with Megan and Melissa shake out.
For the sake of this just being a fictional VN, I definitely have my own personal "true playthrough", but I definitely have other paths going as well for pretty much the same reason as I too just want to keep the gallery at 100% (haha) and I'm curious where DrPinkCake is going to take the different scenarios.

And thanks for your posts & answers that can help me understand what you love on Melissa ... but still, in real life, i totally don't like these types of girls ... so maybe I'm the wrong one, not you all :)
You're definitely not wrong. If anything, thanks for sparking this Melissa discussion!

I feel like maybe I needed to spoil-tag some of things I said here. If that's true then I apologize and I'd be more than happy to edit my replies if needed.

Reactions: Vainglorious

FRMC56

Dec 13, 2017

I usually hate polls (especially a divisive one like this one is to me - haha), but what the heck I voted. Just not going to share who I voted for...gotta' look out for numero uno around here it seems.

Reactions: TheFinder

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
And thanks for your posts & answers that can help me understand what you love on Melissa ... but still, in real life, i totally don't like these types of girls ... so maybe I'm the wrong one, not you all :)
C'mon man, you're not "wrong."* There's no right or wrong when it comes to attraction!** It does appear you're in the minority, but the great thing about this game is that the dev has developed characters that appeal to different tastes for different reasons. If you want to give Melissa the stiff-arm because you don't find her attractive, you can still enjoy other girls in the game, which is the mark of a quality game/visual novel.

Second of all, a lot of people loving on Melissa in this fictional story know full-well that's not what they want in real life. (IRL, have you ever met and gotten to know, that hard-edged, forward, sexually charged type of girl where you can just tell it's a
façade to cover up for some personal baggage, negative drama, and trouble? If you know what I mean, then you know what I mean when I say, "RUN AWAYYYYY!!") But that's the point of a fantasy game/visual novel like this. It's not real-life. A story like this lets you develop a relationship with a girl like that, trouble and all!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: atlas114

TheFinder

Jun 10, 2018
I usually hate polls (especially a divisive one like this one is to me - haha), but what the heck I voted. Just not going to share who I voted for...gotta' look out for numero uno around here it seems.
Votes are public:tf:; btw I agree with your vote ;).

Reactions: FRMC56

Vainglorious

Jun 14, 2018
I cannot disagree that she appears as an aggressive and flirty girl, but in my opinion I'm not so sure if she knows what she wants.

When going down a Melissa + Megan path, there were a couple of instances that to me reinforced my initial feelings about Melissa not knowing what she wants.

The first instance was when Megan (and I'm going to paraphrase a bit here) asked when Melissa had sex with the MC and whether it was just for fun, and Melissa seemed to have an unconvincing response of "...Yes..."

The second instance (which actually happens relatively shortly after the first) is when Megan tells the MC that Melissa is probably in love with him, and Melissa's reaction seemed actually like admittance to her own conflicted feelings (whether or not that statement is true plus add in the fact that what is happening can possibly ruin friendships).
Well I guess I was a little vague in saying "she knows what she wants" What I meant was she clearly showed you she was attracted with her foot play and she didn't tease you with it by holding back. Once you reciprocate she is all in to the physical aspect of the relationship. She isn't mind gaming you. She is having fun with someone she is attracted to.

I agree with you about her not knowing what she wanted relationship-wise. She probably didn't think twice about it being a relationship early on but as you interact more with her she starts developing real feelings. Which she is fighting against because of her friendship with Megan. (i'm just projecting here. This is in no way me saying I know the authors intentions)

FRMC56

Dec 13, 2017
Well I guess I was a little vague in saying "she knows what she wants" What I meant was she clearly showed you she was attracted with her foot play and she didn't tease you with it by holding back. Once you reciprocate she is all in to the physical aspect of the relationship. She isn't mind gaming you. She is having fun with someone she is attracted to.

I agree with you about her not knowing what she wanted relationship-wise. She probably didn't think twice about it being a relationship early on but as you interact more with her she starts developing real feelings. Which she is fighting against because of her friendship with Megan. (i'm just projecting here. This is in no way me saying I know the authors intentions)
I actually don't think you were being too vague, I just wish I had the ability to convey my thoughts into words just a bit better. And I believe I mentioned it before, but I like to self-project a lot so I would be a hypocrite to out-right call out anyone on their thoughts/opinions in this thread.

Also I'm definitely looking forward to DrPinkCake's intentions...just so I can relish in the "I told you so" smug moment to myself or wallow in the "how were you so dumb that you didn't see this coming" moment (and this is more likely).

Reactions: Vainglorious
D

Dr PinkCake

I actually don't think you were being too vague, I just wish I had the ability to convey my thoughts into words just a bit better. And I believe I mentioned it before, but I like to self-project a lot so I would be a hypocrite to out-right call out anyone on their thoughts/opinions in this thread.

Also I'm definitely looking forward to DrPinkCake's intentions...just so I can relish in the "I told you so" smug moment to myself or wallow in the "how were you so dumb that you didn't see this coming" moment (and this is more likely).
Yeah, you suckers are all clueless. ;)

FRMC56

Dec 13, 2017
Yeah, you suckers are all clueless. ;)
Yeah, well I can't believe how easy you made it to spoil yourself on figuring out who the shadowy-figure standing outside the window at the end of Chapter 4 is. I mean, all you have to do is up the gamma/brightness. You sly dog.

D

Dr PinkCake

Yeah, well I can't believe how easy you made it to spoil yourself on figuring out who the shadowy-figure standing outside the window at the end of Chapter 4 is. I mean, all you have to do is up the gamma/brightness. You sly dog.

FRMC56

Dec 13, 2017

I also should add that my original response to your quote I used (about Melissa and knowing/not-knowing what she wants) was said with the "in hindsight" mentality in mind. I was more replying with the idea that now knowing what we know (by going down a Melissa-oriented path in any way) and completing the VN up to the end of Chapter 4, one could see and possibly ask these questions to themselves (does Melissa know what she really wants). I made a mistake in focusing my counter-argument(s) with that assumption.

That being said, I find keeping note of my very first reactions to a situation to be the most enjoyable to reflect on. And in the case of Melissa, this is how I interacted with her on my first go without complete knowledge of the different paths:

I guess that's really what I was trying to get at with my prior responses, but like I said I have trouble translating my thoughts/feelings into coherent sentences. Hell, I'm not sure if I'm making any sense right now, haha.

Reactions: volto

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Im guessing the shadowed person at the end is
No way, just look at that helmet! :tf:
This time it's Megan's father.
As I already posted

this is the combinations that the Discord came up with:)

Legend patrons will vote first. The top 3 will be available for +$5 patrons to vote on
$5 patrons will vote for ALL ties
View attachment 130636
Which one becomes transparent when it gets wet? :winkytongue:

Vainglorious

Jun 14, 2018
I guess that's really what I was trying to get at with my prior responses, but like I said I have trouble translating my thoughts/feelings into coherent sentences. Hell, I'm not sure if I'm making any sense right now, haha.
I can completely understand how you feel when it comes to trying to convey something and not sure if you will be understood. Some of it is vocabulary probably. Some is readers comprehension and some is the lack of intonation you have when writing versus speaking.

For myself I was drawn to Melissa physically more than Megan so I went a more Melissa route. If Melissa wasn't in the game i'd have been more than happy with Megan. I do like her more overall than the rest of the girls.

Anyway I appreciate your viewpoint and ability to have a civil discussion :)

Reactions: volto and FRMC56

TheFinder

Jun 10, 2018
No way, just look at that helmet! :tf:
This time it's Megan's father.
As I already posted

Which one becomes transparent when it gets wet? :winkytongue:
Megan: No. No! That's not true! That's impossible!
Vader: Search your feelings; you know it to be true!
Megan: NOOOOOOO! NOOOOOOOO!!!
Vader: Megan, you can destroy the Academy. They have foreseen this. It is your destiny! Join me, and together, we can rule Hollywood as father and daughter! Come with me. It is the only way.

4.60 star(s) 811 Votes