ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
I don't find Liam that problematic, he's like a Parks and Recreation character. Comedic characters can oscillate between being very likable to blindly selfish, whatever's funnier. I imagine the dying can be that way too, as positive a face you try and put on, there'll be those moments where you break down and stop giving a shit.

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
n
3. I will not change my story. What transpires may align with wishes of fans or not, but I will not change it for anyone.
I respect that, I assume by that you mean all the story directions and possible ending branches are plotted out and will follow your original intent. But another way you could read that is that the choices only matter short term and that there'll be a single final ending that players' choices don't have any influence over. I hope it's not the latter, but if it is it may be a good idea to change the game's description to not over promise on the decision system, then. Maybe I'm still paranoid because of Mass Effect 3, lol.

I do find this interesting because unexpected feedback to a game can sometimes cause authors to stray from their original vision. In the Telltale Games Walking Dead series, the developers were apparently livid that players overwhelmingly chose to save one npc over another so they scrapped their original plans and killed off that character as a "fuck you" to players. I always viewed this decision as wrong and a betrayal of the game's original concept. Seems like the devs shut the door on an opportunity, if a character resonated really well, don't you want to learn from that?

D

Dr PinkCake

I respect that, I assume by that you mean all the story directions and possible ending branches are plotted out and will follow your original intent. But another way you could read that is that the choices only matter short term and that there'll be a single final ending that players' choices don't have any influence over. I hope it's not the latter, but if it is it may be a good idea to change the game's description to not over promise on the decision system, then. Maybe I'm still paranoid because of Mass Effect 3, lol.

I do find this interesting because unexpected feedback to a game can sometimes cause authors to stray from their original vision. In the Telltale Games Walking Dead series, the developers were apparently livid that players overwhelmingly chose to save one npc over another so they scrapped their original plans and killed off that character as a "fuck you" to players. I always viewed this decision as wrong and a betrayal of the game's original concept. Seems like the devs shut the door on an opportunity, if a character resonated really well, don't you want to learn from that?
It's the former. I wouldn't make a choice based game if all choices lead to the same ending; you might already have sealed some characters' destinies. But the endings that I have planned might not tick the boxes that players want and I will not change that. It wouldn't make sense with the events that's to come. I can't say more than that without spoiling stuff.

Reactions: tonigobe

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

2. It's not a sandbox game. There is a story, it's been written.
3. I will not change my story. What transpires may align with wishes of fans or not, but I will not change it for anyone.
4. People are different, we like different women, traits, fetishes etc.; I can't cater to everyone's needs.
5. If you do not agree with the feelings of the MC, don't get immersed in the role as him. He is not necessarily a vessel for your thoughts and feelings.
6. No matter what I do or how I end this game, people will have opinions, strong ones, hateful ones, loving ones and contradicting ones. That's why I'm adamant in not changing the story; it would never be able to please everyone anyway and moreover it would not make sense. I aim to deliver a cohesive and well thought out experience (see bullet point 2 again).
While I fully agree with these points and praise you for them, it almost felt like you were a little bit miffed while writing them. Especially in this medium, it is sometimes (often with me) a fine line between coming across as forthright or pissy, I've taken your post as the former.
One reason there is a lot of discussion about your game and the characters and what people would like to see is not necessarily because they want to see you change the story, it's because they are strong and well written. Being greedy I would love a route where all the girls come to my bed for grief counselling, but I equally agree you shouldn't change your story for me, but it won't stop me talking about it, maybe even posting some fantasy scenarios.
I love that you interact with us thieving bastards, but since the 1st version, this story seems to have gained fans each update and hopefully this has in turn triggered more patreons.
Now for some more smurf love

Reactions: FRMC56
D

Dr PinkCake

While I fully agree with these points and praise you for them, it almost felt like you were a little bit miffed while writing them. Especially in this medium, it is sometimes (often with me) a fine line between coming across as forthright or pissy, I've taken your post as the former.
One reason there is a lot of discussion about your game and the characters and what people would like to see is not necessarily because they want to see you change the story, it's because they are strong and well written. Being greedy I would love a route where all the girls come to my bed for grief counselling, but I equally agree you shouldn't change your story for me, but it won't stop me talking about it, maybe even posting some fantasy scenarios.
I love that you interact with us thieving bastards, but since the 1st version, this story seems to have gained fans each update and hopefully this has in turn triggered more patreons.
Now for some more smurf love

It's absolutely not me being pissy, it's a friendly reminder that this game might not be for everyone and that if you don't like its premise, you likely won't like the conclusion(s) and some of the forced events. It would spare players from wasting time playing my game, really.

I strive a lot for realism, within the realms of fiction of course, which should be quite evident. So the bullet points are also a heads up that I aim to do something different than most games around here.

Also, I'm super happy that players like/love different characters and that it spurs discussion and arguments!
And the support shown by fans, in any shape or form, has been overwhelming and I thank you all for that.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
But, as she sits there stewing about all the Melissa and Smurf comments, you can bet Pearson is planning to make her presence felt. Just imagine her, thinking and plotting...

Reactions: kiteares

SolarGuy

Jul 24, 2018
Thanks a lot, I'm glad you enjoyed it! I created this game because I didn't find this type of experience in any other adult game I've enjoyed. I wanted to create a game without incest, superpowers, corruption, evil/perv MC, foot long dicks etc., with the hope that such a vanilla game still could be attractive to the adult community. Never would I have imagined the positive feedback I've been getting. It's very humbling.

I think the game Melody is as close you're going to get if you're looking for a similar type of game, but I haven't played all games on this site so there might be others too. If you are willing to expand on the Romantic genre and try some of my favorite games I'd recommend Depraved Awakening and My sweet neighbor.

Cheers
I appreciate it, I'll try Depraved Awakening!

b10129

Aug 2, 2018
Thanks! I respect your opinion and won't try to change it.
However, I do find it weird that you enjoy the game I created when two of the pivotal characters for the story (Liam and Megan) doesn't appeal to you. I've stated the bullet points below before in order to mitigate future complaints (and there definitely will be future complaints from many players based on the 93 pages of comments, of which I've read every single one), please have a read.

1. Read the synopsis. First page of this site or better yet, my patreon page. Megan is the glue that keeps this story together.
2. It's not a sandbox game. There is a story, it's been written.
4. People are different, we like different women, traits, fetishes etc.; I can't cater to everyone's needs.
5. If you do not agree with the feelings of the MC, don't get immersed in the role as him. He is not necessarily a vessel for your thoughts and feelings.
6. No matter what I do or how I end this game, people will have opinions, strong ones, hateful ones, loving ones and contradicting ones. That's why I'm adamant in not changing the story; it would never be able to please everyone anyway and moreover it would not make sense. I aim to deliver a cohesive and well thought out experience (see bullet point 2 again).

Cheers
The scene between Missy and MC by the lake was SO brilliant, the lines and facial expressions on Missy's face are so good. I can't believe how I'm into Missy now...I'm surprised that I don't mind whether there are much erotic scenes in the next episode as long as the story is good. I'm so grateful that you focus on the story line in your way, that's something. Thanks a LOOOT.

ShocLite12

Oct 24, 2017
Well I just finished playing this, and I have to say that I am still loving the story this is telling. The characters are great as well. Too bad there is no way to pursue all of the girls without the likelihood of hurting them later on in the game (except in the Megan/Melissa path that I am currently on, or at least I believe that a three-way relationship is possible on this path).
That ending seems to indicate that someone is fixing to cause some strife for the MC fairly soon. Judging by the shadow, I think it is the MC's ex.

Reactions: VDawe

Deep Thought

May 30, 2018
@Dr PinkCake I respect that you have the story planned out and finished and will not change it for anyone. I like that. I'm pretty sure Rena is not going to end up with the MC, even though I'd love to see it. This game is focused around Megan and the MC falling for her. I do like Megan so I would enjoy if that's how the VN ends. I'm sure some people will be disappointed and some maybe even angry but that's because the characters you create are so damn gorgeous and well written. Hell if anything you know you have characters that are very loved if you decide to ever do a spinoff VN. I want to Thank You for the time we do get to spend with each of these amazing characters even though we might not end up with them. I also appreciate that you come here to this site and interact with us pirates. I honestly don't know if I would be as cool with it if it were my work lol. Your work belongs in the top games on this site. I've played many VNs since joining and I always find myself thinking of Acting Lessons and the characters and story. I think you are going to find much success and brother you deserve it.

Team Rena and Melissa

Deep Thought

May 30, 2018
I forgot to add this in my above post. I haven't played another VN that made me feel as much as Acting Lessons. The scene with Melissa and MC at the lake damn near broke my heart. I had to sit back a moment and take a break. Then things with Liam, man oh man. To top it off the end scene with the 2 girls. When I was done I was just emotionally drained. Bravo just Bravo.

Reactions: kiteares
D

Dr PinkCake

@Dr PinkCake I respect that you have the story planned out and finished and will not change it for anyone. I like that. I'm pretty sure Rena is not going to end up with the MC, even though I'd love to see it. This game is focused around Megan and the MC falling for her. I do like Megan so I would enjoy if that's how the VN ends. I'm sure some people will be disappointed and some maybe even angry but that's because the characters you create are so damn gorgeous and well written. Hell if anything you know you have characters that are very loved if you decide to ever do a spinoff VN. I want to Thank You for the time we do get to spend with each of these amazing characters even though we might not end up with them. I also appreciate that you come here to this site and interact with us pirates. I honestly don't know if I would be as cool with it if it were my work lol. Your work belongs in the top games on this site. I've played many VNs since joining and I always find myself thinking of Acting Lessons and the characters and story. I think you are going to find much success and brother you deserve it.

Team Rena and Melissa
Thanks! Well piracy is a double edged sword. Without it I wouldn't have an audience or supporters on Patreon. The goal of the this project is not to make money, it's to share it and have people play it. With the help of donations, I can maybe break even when this is over and afford to work on my next project immediately after Episode 8 is finished.

Deep Thought

May 30, 2018
@Dr PinkCake After reading that, you got yourself a new Patron brother. This is the first VN I've been able to support and I look forward to seeing what the future brings. Reading what you posted about piracy makes perfect sense, without this site and the generous people here I never would have found your amazing work. Cheers!

D

Dr PinkCake

I respect that, I assume by that you mean all the story directions and possible ending branches are plotted out and will follow your original intent. But another way you could read that is that the choices only matter short term and that there'll be a single final ending that players' choices don't have any influence over.
Ok, so I've spent some time this evening to fully map out and write the endings. I've always known what I wanted to include in the endings but had not counted them before.
The spoiler tag includes the number of different endings the game will have, ONLY THE NUMBER. Only read it if you absolutely must know.

4.60 star(s) 811 Votes