Jan 18, 2021
I enjoyed chapter 6, but I have a few comments on the new renders. Note that I am not a 3D modeler (or not anymore) and I have no idea of the workflow that was used here, so feel free to ignore my suggestions if they cannot apply to this game.
  • I do not know how the wet skin effect for Violet was done, but it looks like her usual skin texture with an increased specular reflection, which makes her look more like a plastic doll than a human covered in sweat. This is distracting because a wet skin is very rarely covered in a perfectly uniform layer of sweat. Sweat comes out of the pores and tends to cover the skin in millions of tiny droplets that can sometimes merge and form thousands of larger droplets, but the thickness is never uniform. Even a perfectly smooth skin looks better with a bumpy layer of sweat. For closeups, depending on the software used it is better to use a particle system or anything that can generate a random distribution of thousands of droplets. For renders seen from a distance, a random height map can be sufficient. Basically, anything that makes the sweat layer non-uniform will usually improve the wet skin effect and will avoid the plastic doll look.
  • There is an image that is supposed to show two wet fingers, but again they look more like plastic or if they were inside a fully transparent latex glove, not like human skin covered in bodily fluids. This is supposed to be messy, so modeling some random blobs could make them look much better. This will probably increase the polygon count by a factor of 3 or 4, but this is usually worth it.
  • Speaking of plastic, there is a sex scene with Alex in which she impales herself on a dry plastic toy. That made me feel bad for the girl. My experience with rigid plastic toys may be limited, but a fast insertion without any lubrication (not even a bit of saliva) is rarely a pleasant experience. :eek: I wish the toy did not look so dry before she jumped on it.
That being said, I enjoyed this chapter and I am looking forward to the next one. Thanks! :)

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
As others have already mentioned, with my previous rig was practically impossible to output 1080p renders. Only recently I've been able to upgrade (thanks to the lovely peeps that believed in me enough to support me) and, while I now can do 1080p, it's too late for this game to be ported to 1080.

I'm sorry if this is a dealbreaker (which is a valid dealbreaker, btw. While it works well for phones, going fullscreen on PC makes the images considerably blurry. I myself have stopped playing certain games for far pettier problems) and I hope that you'll be able to enjoy my future stuff.
I've been able to find a good compromise between quality and speed in the past couple of weeks, so I can be rather confident that I can do the switch to 1080p and maintain a similar output.
Take it easy, buddy! You owe no one here anything. Yes, there are some minor problems with the graphics here, UnwrappedGodiva 's comment is perfectly valid.
However, no one can expect you to produce the quality of an established developer with years of experience, top equipment and full time work.

Reactions: damnedfrog

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Yes, there are some minor problems with the graphics here
No, there isn't. The visuals fit the style and theme of the VN/story/characters perfectly IMO. This story would just not be the same if it looked like Oceans, NorthPX's or Zeton's work etc.

I imagine a lot of whiners regarding the fidelity of the visuals are the type of people who never play a game older than 10 years ago...watch an old B/W films etc...dum durrr whur ma 4k....

Last edited:

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
No, there isn't. The visuals fit the style and theme of the VN/story/characters perfectly IMO. This story would just not be the same if it looked like Oceans, NorthPX's or Zeton's work etc.

I imagine a lot of whiners regarding the fidelity of the visuals are the type of people who never play a game older than 10 years ago...watch an old B/W films etc...dum durrr whur ma 4k....
Please read the comment above mine. The game is good. The story is ok, the writing is correct, the whole VN is very user friendly, etc.
By minor graphical problems I mean these:

Képernyőkép 2024-10-05 182928.png Képernyőkép 2024-10-05 181947.png Képernyőkép 2024-10-05 182951.png

I didn't mean any offence to the developer, I like this game too. But if the dev wants to improve, it's in his/her interest to point out minor bugs.

Reactions: Udayana

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
Please read the comment above mine. The game is good. The story is ok, the writing is correct, the whole VN is very user friendly, etc.

View attachment 4102686 View attachment 4102690 View attachment 4102691

I didn't mean any offence to the developer, I like this game too. But if the dev wants to improve, it's in his/her interest to point out minor bugs.
I honestly don't see anything wrong with these renders.

Well I guess the hand is a bit plastic.

Last edited:

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024

To be fair, some of the earlier renders had overexposure issues that Hanako has jokingly referred to as "flashbangs" in the Discord. It's harder to check stuff like that when you can't quickly check iray previews in Daz. They've redone a number of early renders with issues like this now that they have a much more powerful system.

HanakoXVN

Dev | Actual Roommates
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2020

View attachment 4102686 View attachment 4102690 View attachment 4102691

Yeah ngl I'm not particularly happy with those scenes. I tried to use different methods for the sweat and tears and they looked "ok" at first glance, but when everything was done and I sat back to check the renders thoroughly I realized I got baited.
I decided to take the L, have some subpar scenes and use it as a lesson for the future.

This whole chapter I tried messing with surfaces and I didn't really "got it" pretty much until the Jessica scene. Though if didn't try it and failed miserably I wouldn't have understood how the whole glossiness thing works and wouldn't have been able to redo the shower scene in chapter 1 properly.

No, there isn't. The visuals fit the style and theme of the VN/story/characters perfectly IMO.
Yes, there are some issues and I'm the first one to admit it. I'm very much flying from the seat of my pants here, so some times I'll miss the mark. It's not a big deal at the end of the day, I'll just learn and do better next time.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.60 star(s) 20 Votes