jackdanniels

Apr 9, 2024
Bullshit. What do you dudes use to play AVNs? A cinema-sized monitor? The most important thing is the render quality within this AVN is top-notch. A huge ass PNG doesn't help the render quality.

Reactions: sbarabaus

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
Bullshit. What do you dudes use to play AVNs? A cinema-sized monitor? The most important thing is the render quality within this AVN is top-notch. A huge ass PNG doesn't help the render quality.
Dude I'm using a shitty 12 year old 1080p monitor... I'm not asking for the moon here, just 1080p webp/jpg, not 4K pngs... :rolleyes:

And, no sorry, I don't mean to be a dick, but this is faaaar from "top-notch" in terms of render quality, even ignoring the 720p resolution... and that's ok, not every AVN is gonna look like an Ocean game or whatever, but let's not get carried away here...

jackdanniels

Apr 9, 2024
Dude I'm using a shitty 12 year old 1080p monitor... I'm not asking for the moon here, just 1080p webp/jpg, not 4K pngs... :rolleyes:

And, no sorry, I don't mean to be a dick, but this is faaaar from "top-notch" in terms of render quality, even ignoring the 720p resolution... and that's ok, not every AVN is gonna look like an Ocean game or whatever, but let's not get carried away here...
Talking about a shitty monitor...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I've been playing all sorts of AVNs, the best one for render in my opinion is Fashion Business
But I have enjoyed some with ugly render like Undercover.
The worst render (I don't know if even can be considered render, it's just some fucking ugly drawings) is SPACE PRISON... but I have played that shit anyway:KEK:

So in my opinion Actual Roommates have some beautiful renders. I give it an 8 out of 10, considering all the other AVNs out there.

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
Talking about a shitty monitor...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I've been playing all sorts of AVNs, the best one for render in my opinion is Fashion Business
But I have enjoyed some with ugly render like Undercover.
The worst render (I don't know if even can be considered render, it's just some fucking ugly drawings) is SPACE PRISON... but I have played that shit anyway:KEK:

So in my opinion Actual Roommates have some beautiful renders. I give it an 8 out of 10, considering all the other AVNs out there.
Eh, I'm giving it a 5/10...

Also, if you want to see truly beautiful renders, I recommend you check out games like Summer Heat, Dreamland or even City of Broken Dreamers... that's what a 10/10 looks like.

• Angry
Reactions: GokutheG

HanakoXVN

Dev | Actual Roommates
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2020
As others have already mentioned, with my previous rig was practically impossible to output 1080p renders. Only recently I've been able to upgrade (thanks to the lovely peeps that believed in me enough to support me) and, while I now can do 1080p, it's too late for this game to be ported to 1080.

I'm sorry if this is a dealbreaker (which is a valid dealbreaker, btw. While it works well for phones, going fullscreen on PC makes the images considerably blurry. I myself have stopped playing certain games for far pettier problems) and I hope that you'll be able to enjoy my future stuff.
I've been able to find a good compromise between quality and speed in the past couple of weeks, so I can be rather confident that I can do the switch to 1080p and maintain a similar output.

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
As others have already mentioned, with my previous rig was practically impossible to output 1080p renders. Only recently I've been able to upgrade (thanks to the lovely peeps that believed in me enough to support me) and, while I now can do 1080p, it's too late for this game to be ported to 1080.

I'm sorry if this is a dealbreaker (which is a valid dealbreaker, btw. While it works well for phones, going fullscreen on PC makes the images considerably blurry. I myself have stopped playing certain games for far pettier problems) and I hope that you'll be able to enjoy my future stuff.
I've been able to find a good compromise between quality and speed in the past couple of weeks, so I can be rather confident that I can do the switch to 1080p and maintain a similar output.
It's okay... not a deal breaker tbh, but I was kind of surprised to see 720p in a new game (I even came back to check if I hadn't confused this for another game), I was just not expecting that... I've played plenty of those but usually they're pre-2020.

Didn't mean to be a dick, but then again I'm not really known for being subtle... Plus I saw you do public releases anyways, and that definitely changes things, so I'll just shut the fuck up...

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
It's okay... not a deal breaker tbh, but I was kind of surprised to see 720p in a new game (I even came back to check if I hadn't confused this for another game), I was just not expecting that... I've played plenty of those but usually they're pre-2020.

Didn't mean to be a dick, but then again I'm not really known for being subtle... Plus I saw you do public releases anyways, and that definitely changes things, so I'll just shut the fuck up...
It's a valid question, but just for some additional context: prior to the recent computer upgrade, I'm pretty sure the dev was having to use CPU rendering instead of GPU rendering within Daz. CPU rendering easily takes 5-10x the time per render compared to GPU rendering. So they were rendering at 720p to try to reduce that to a manageable level.

4.60 star(s) 20 Votes