3.30 star(s) 10 Votes

Oct 26, 2017
Hello ChangerGamesMarketing,

Not exactly a fan of AMAs but really appreciate it.
I would like to start with constructive feedback from ya lot for us!
Constructive criticism is always good. Let's give this a try, even though some of those questions clearly are subjective...
->What do you think, is the most important thing the game / game brand lacks?
More depth in interactions. More sex scenes would involve more commissioned art, which costs money, so dialogue depth also is important. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the game is a bit too linear at the moment (and the "dungeon grind" usually ends up being bypassed by players except for "unique reactions" triggered in the party - this one is a good thing).

The game has potential for both people with and without the mind control/hypno fetish but clearly is too focused on making everyone the player's slave and can be fairly redundant. To ensure the game remains ever-expanding, I'd say it'd be a good idea to expand the dialogue where possible (CG stands can be reused without extra commission work so this will cut on the costs, though obviously, it still takes time).
->What is your overall problem/concern with the game/changer?
Unless a developer starts a pyramid scheme, violates artists' copyrights or similar stuff that is frowned upon by international laws, I keep the "what I myself think of this developer" out of this, unless of course Changer still needs opinion. I'm not skilled enough to provide constructive feedback here, but last time I took a look at the code - again, if I recall correctly - there were a few issues that might affect performance.

As for balancing, well, the dungeon part was mentioned, and this was extensively discussed by Furukawa and someone else.
->What bugs did you find and need fast actions?
Bugs are always a handful for ever-expanding games. It's probably best to look at the wiki as no less than 100 were found last time I checked and I apologize for not remembering all of them. Some of them are likely fixed, but definitely not all.
->And as for the last, what overall question do you have for Changer? (everything goes)
As Changer may already know, some backers only use direct support, so the only question I have for him is whether he'll still be accepting this form of payment. This ensures the creator gets 100%, reduces pressure when "deadlines" are not met, and also ensures legal action can be taken directly by the creator themselves when and if problems arise. :)

There are other alternatives, but all of them will still use fees. Many of them are "hidden" in one way or another for both parties.

Another one of the major upsides is the creator is not limited for content creation in any way and doesn't have to worry about it suddenly becoming a bad thing and leading to a full wipe from all social networks tied to the platforms to ensure the platform doesn't get in trouble (except the obvious caveats, of course, such as legal limitations where the creator is located).
The idea/intention behind this is, that we (Changer and I) can address all the problems and try to help ya, as best as we can. In the end, we want that you enjoy the games and maybe be a supporter in the future.

Thank you very much for all the work you did until now, F95 community!

CM
Likewise, thank you for taking the time to post! Best of luck to you and Changer, and hopefully this post helped a bit.

Sunshaded

Jul 14, 2018
Thank you all for your interactions with the games of the Changer brand!

Changer decided, to get some help from the outside, because he did accept, that the community interaction from him was a bit lacking, and did stir up quite some misunderstandings.
Oh, it's nice of you to volunteer to do something like this for Changer.

I'm not sure how useful the opinions of us f95 users are compared to patrons. But it's true that those of us in this thread are still thinking about AH years after it was a "hot commodity" which shows that we have a strong attachment to its unique appeal.

On the subject of the "brand" so to speak: I agree with what pazkero said to you in the Spiral Clicker thread about the blog.

The Patreon's status updates (I don't mean downloads/art/live updates) tend to be private and infrequent, so non-patrons don't have a clear sense of what the development situation is. For example, if there were publicly viewable teasers for recently added scenes, and publicly viewable changelogs, ex-patrons who visit the Patreon might think "Oh, it looks like there's a lot more content since the last time I came here! Neat, I'll shell out a few bucks to re-subscribe."

Some other Patreon games do it like this:
- 1 mid-month public progress report post that's like: "Progress Report (Game Name) - June 2021: Here's a rough idea of what you have to look forward to in the end-of-the-month update for [whatever game is getting updated this month]!" + 1 sexy new image (not high res, obviously) as the post header + at least 1-2 paragraphs about the general direction of development, to tease people and build excitement. Here's an example of what it looks like:
- 1 end of the month (usually) public changelog/release announcement post
- 1 end of the month private download post (very short, it just contains the link)

But this is just my subjective personal opinion, as someone who's never run a Patreon. I'm not sure if it works well for Changer's situation, since the payments are per creation rather than per month. I'm also not sure how making these posts public would be reconciled with the patron-only live updates. Either way, I expect that Changer would consult with patrons before making any sweeping changes in the posting style.

On the subject of the game itself:

AH is a game with incredible depth, but it's also so complex it requires a walkthrough. How about making a built-in event flowchart? For example, the protagonist could obtain a magic parchment which divines fate. The parchment would show the major events and route branches in the game, would be slowly filled out as the player experiences more content, and what's filled out persist between saves. It would look a bit like this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Each event where something significant happens (like you can choose to enslave a character or not) has a "box" associated with it. The "box" explains what the event is (like "Choose whether to enslave Val or not"). Sometimes, there's a route split; whenever there's a route split, if you manage to get into a route, the parchment adds a piece of info that explains what the requirements were to enter the route (like Val_Enslaved=Yes, Something_Else=No, ...).

This flowchart would help players refresh their memory of what happened, too.

Alternatively/additionally, you could give players a cheat option to directly skip ahead in the flowchart, in order to save time/effort.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2021
Hello ChangerGamesMarketing,

Not exactly a fan of AMAs but really appreciate it.
Constructive criticism is always good. Let's give this a try, even though some of those questions clearly are subjective...More depth in interactions. More sex scenes would involve more commissioned art, which costs money, so dialogue depth also is important. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the game is a bit too linear at the moment (and the "dungeon grind" usually ends up being bypassed by players except for "unique reactions" triggered in the party - this one is a good thing).

The game has potential for both people with and without the mind control/hypno fetish but clearly is too focused on making everyone the player's slave and can be fairly redundant. To ensure the game remains ever-expanding, I'd say it'd be a good idea to expand the dialogue where possible (CG stands can be reused without extra commission work so this will cut on the costs, though obviously, it still takes time).Unless a developer starts a pyramid scheme, violates artists' copyrights or similar stuff that is frowned upon by international laws, I keep the "what I myself think of this developer" out of this, unless of course Changer still needs opinion. I'm not skilled enough to provide constructive feedback here, but last time I took a look at the code - again, if I recall correctly - there were a few issues that might affect performance.

As for balancing, well, the dungeon part was mentioned, and this was extensively discussed by Furukawa and someone else.Bugs are always a handful for ever-expanding games. It's probably best to look at the wiki as no less than 100 were found last time I checked and I apologize for not remembering all of them. Some of them are likely fixed, but definitely not all.As Changer may already know, some backers only use direct support, so the only question I have for him is whether he'll still be accepting this form of payment. This ensures the creator gets 100%, reduces pressure when "deadlines" are not met, and also ensures legal action can be taken directly by the creator themselves when and if problems arise. :)

There are other alternatives, but all of them will still use fees. Many of them are "hidden" in one way or another for both parties.

Another one of the major upsides is the creator is not limited for content creation in any way and doesn't have to worry about it suddenly becoming a bad thing and leading to a full wipe from all social networks tied to the platforms to ensure the platform doesn't get in trouble (except the obvious caveats, of course, such as legal limitations where the creator is located).Likewise, thank you for taking the time to post! Best of luck to you and Changer, and hopefully this post helped a bit.
Huhu!

Its not a directly AMA, because I will be longer here. I just want to encourage people to tell Changer about the problematic points. If he is willing to change (hehe) that, is totally up to him!

I think, giving money directly to a Dev is a good intention, but can backfire pretty fast. Legal aspects are always critical and shall be seen serious at any costs. On top of it, its not a predictable source of income in the slightest.

For the more gameplay focused part of your post, i will notice Changer and i urge him to to take note or post himself! thanks a lot!

CM

Jun 8, 2021
Oh, it's nice of you to volunteer to do something like this for Changer.

I'm not sure how useful the opinions of us f95 users are compared to patrons. But it's true that those of us in this thread are still thinking about AH years after it was a "hot commodity" which shows that we have a strong attachment to its unique appeal.

On the subject of the "brand" so to speak: I agree with what pazkero said to you in the Spiral Clicker thread about the blog.

The Patreon's status updates (I don't mean downloads/art/live updates) tend to be private and infrequent, so non-patrons don't have a clear sense of what the development situation is. For example, if there were publicly viewable teasers for recently added scenes, and publicly viewable changelogs, ex-patrons who visit the Patreon might think "Oh, it looks like there's a lot more content since the last time I came here! Neat, I'll shell out a few bucks to re-subscribe."

Some other Patreon games do it like this:
- 1 mid-month public progress report post that's like: "Progress Report (Game Name) - June 2021: Here's a rough idea of what you have to look forward to in the end-of-the-month update for [whatever game is getting updated this month]!" + 1 sexy new image (not high res, obviously) as the post header + at least 1-2 paragraphs about the general direction of development, to tease people and build excitement. Here's an example of what it looks like:
- 1 end of the month (usually) public changelog/release announcement post
- 1 end of the month private download post (very short, it just contains the link)

But this is just my subjective personal opinion, as someone who's never run a Patreon. I'm not sure if it works well for Changer's situation, since the payments are per creation rather than per month. I'm also not sure how making these posts public would be reconciled with the patron-only live updates. Either way, I expect that Changer would consult with patrons before making any sweeping changes in the posting style.

On the subject of the game itself:

AH is a game with incredible depth, but it's also so complex it requires a walkthrough. How about making a built-in event flowchart? For example, the protagonist could obtain a magic parchment which divines fate. The parchment would show the major events and route branches in the game, would be slowly filled out as the player experiences more content, and what's filled out persist between saves. It would look a bit like this:

Each event where something significant happens (like you can choose to enslave a character or not) has a "box" associated with it. The "box" explains what the event is (like "Choose whether to enslave Val or not"). Sometimes, there's a route split; whenever there's a route split, if you manage to get into a route, the parchment adds a piece of info that explains what the requirements were to enter the route (like Val_Enslaved=Yes, Something_Else=No, ...).

This flowchart would help players refresh their memory of what happened, too.

Alternatively/additionally, you could give players a cheat option to directly skip ahead in the flowchart, in order to save time/effort.
Huhu!

Exactly that is why Changer asked me, to look especially on F95, because he noticed the activity too.
And sometimes, you need another person from the outside for another Viewpoint, because Changer cares about the games, even if it sometimes don´t look like it.

Regards the Blog.
I will totally talk with Changer about it. Of course, i can´t do no promises, but alone that people mention it shows, that there is great interest in it! Thanks for that!

I can totally see, that it is needed, as a helping and overview guide, while it is a good source for promo!

Really helpful and thank you for ya post!

your CM

Reactions: Sunshaded
Apr 15, 2020

->What is your overall problem/concern with the game/changer?
for me its the lack of Bimbos lol. been awhile since i last played and i liked the bimbofication (sadly theres a lack of even decent bimbofication type games) route but i did feel it was lacking so i feel an expansion of it would be awesome. dunno if im alone in this sentiment though. good job on making a good game so far.

Jun 8, 2021
for me its the lack of Bimbos lol. been awhile since i last played and i liked the bimbofication (sadly theres a lack of even decent bimbofication type games) route but i did feel it was lacking so i feel an expansion of it would be awesome. dunno if im alone in this sentiment though. good job on making a good game so far.
Huhu!

Hahah. Well, the tastes are sure different!
I cannot promise anything of course.

But Changer reads here too.

Thank you for still liking it so far!

CM

HypnoChanger

Game Developer
Feb 12, 2018
Hey everyone, I'm working on reading the feedback so far.

I have tried to do more public announcements on Patreon; I think it's been a while since my last one though. It can be tricky, as they tend to get burried fast. I will try to remember to do that more often again though and I will try to get more posts on the blog.

Sometimes, I will get so focused on working on my projects that I end up not talking about what I'm working on. I understand that can be frustrating as it can look like I'm not doing anything up until a content drop appears out of nowhere. Communication is not my strongest skill sadly, so I am hopeful that the help I am getting will help me overcome this.

The walkthrough is unfortunately something I am having a lot of trouble keeping up with. The way the game is laid out makes a walkthrough difficult to write, and often I end up having to choose between writing new content or writing more walkthrough and I usually pick to write new content.

An ingame flowchart hits a similar problem; it would be incomprehencibly complex by the end of the game's development and would require a lot of work to maintain. The game is designed to be able to be played blindly many different ways for different new experiences each time. It doesn't feel that way currently, because it's incomplete and there are a lot of dead ends, but eventually I hope for it to feel more open and easy to play.

As for why I have been focusing a lot more on the CG scenes and less on casual scenes with no CGs, that's because I am trying to catch up with my artists. During the time I could not compile AH, I was still commissioning art for it from my artists so as not to leave them without work to do.

I currently have around 40 CGs waiting to be implemented. I've been averaging so far about 10-11 new CGs in each update and have been getting 5-6 new CGs from my artists in the same time, so... I'm slowly catching up with them. Once AH is back on monthly updates I should catch up much more quickly.

I don't know how best to do direct donations unfortunately. Since I do adult work, many common payment processors will refuse to allow me to accept donations, and obscure ones aren't generally trusted by the public.

You are in luck, Crimson, as the Bimbo route has been growing pretty steadily. There is the Bimbos gone Wild NG+ plotline available after doing the Bimbo World ending, and then after that main plotline is done, you can choose to continue the fun with other characters. Most of the characters now have bimbofication sequences and bimbo play scenes and I'm working on getting the few who haven't gotten theirs yet done.

Reactions: Sunshaded

MarioChief

Dec 13, 2020
Hey everyone, I'm working on reading the feedback so far.

I have tried to do more public announcements on Patreon; I think it's been a while since my last one though. It can be tricky, as they tend to get burried fast. I will try to remember to do that more often again though and I will try to get more posts on the blog.

Sometimes, I will get so focused on working on my projects that I end up not talking about what I'm working on. I understand that can be frustrating as it can look like I'm not doing anything up until a content drop appears out of nowhere. Communication is not my strongest skill sadly, so I am hopeful that the help I am getting will help me overcome this.

The walkthrough is unfortunately something I am having a lot of trouble keeping up with. The way the game is laid out makes a walkthrough difficult to write, and often I end up having to choose between writing new content or writing more walkthrough and I usually pick to write new content.

An ingame flowchart hits a similar problem; it would be incomprehencibly complex by the end of the game's development and would require a lot of work to maintain. The game is designed to be able to be played blindly many different ways for different new experiences each time. It doesn't feel that way currently, because it's incomplete and there are a lot of dead ends, but eventually I hope for it to feel more open and easy to play.

As for why I have been focusing a lot more on the CG scenes and less on casual scenes with no CGs, that's because I am trying to catch up with my artists. During the time I could not compile AH, I was still commissioning art for it from my artists so as not to leave them without work to do.

I currently have around 40 CGs waiting to be implemented. I've been averaging so far about 10-11 new CGs in each update and have been getting 5-6 new CGs from my artists in the same time, so... I'm slowly catching up with them. Once AH is back on monthly updates I should catch up much more quickly.

I don't know how best to do direct donations unfortunately. Since I do adult work, many common payment processors will refuse to allow me to accept donations, and obscure ones aren't generally trusted by the public.

You are in luck, Crimson, as the Bimbo route has been growing pretty steadily. There is the Bimbos gone Wild NG+ plotline available after doing the Bimbo World ending, and then after that main plotline is done, you can choose to continue the fun with other characters. Most of the characters now have bimbofication sequences and bimbo play scenes and I'm working on getting the few who haven't gotten theirs yet done.
On the topic of Bimbo's Gone Wild I found that I couldn't enslave Tiff after doing it. I've asked in a couple places but this is the first time I could ask directly.

outofpower007

Oct 8, 2019
I think the walkthrough on the wiki is pretty solid. When I last played the game (0.6) I had no trouble getting every scene, except for some in the submissive route, which the walkthrough writer does not like (but I do!). I'll join back on the patreon once SC is complete and the AH season starts.

As for what the game is lacking, it's lacking expressions for the player. I know they exist, I've seen them in the game files. But in the game, whether he is upset, angry, in danger, he always has that same stoned-out expression. Never changes.

This game has the most freedom and choice of any game I've played on here. "What happens if I click this button while talking to her, bet the dev never thought of that" and then I click on the button and there's a full route for it. "What happens if I lose this very easy fight on purpose, bet the dev never thought of that" and then there's a full route dedicated to that too. I hope all that never changes. I disagree with what is said up there, about it being linear.

Last edited:

Sunshaded

Jul 14, 2018
Thanks for being so open! Nothing ever goes according to plans, and some devs are better at spinning that, but I know that doesn't mean you don't work hard. And for devs like you who also explore a diverse variety of game genres, it's understandable that some people will have more interest in some games than others. IMO, what's more important is for you to maintain your motivation as a developer, rather than let yourself be distracted.

Good point. If there were some kind of built-in walkthrough-like feature, it would probably have to be something simple like an ending checklist with hints... It couldn't look like a traditional tree diagram. And that might not be an effective substitute for a real walkthrough. Anyway, I appreciate that you're also thinking seriously about this issue.

HypnoChanger

Game Developer
Feb 12, 2018
On the topic of Bimbo's Gone Wild I found that I couldn't enslave Tiff after doing it. I've asked in a couple places but this is the first time I could ask directly.
You may need to be more specific about exactly what isn't working. Dr. Tiff's enslavement is a sequence with multiple variations and spans a few different scenes So, to track down where the conflict is I'll need to know exactly where the plotline stops you from continuing. . I will attempt to give it a look in the meantime but there are so many places to check that I'm not confident I will be able to find it based on your description.

As for what the game is lacking, it's lacking expressions for the player. I know they exist, I've seen them in the game files. But in the game, whether he is upset, angry, in danger, he always has that same stoned-out expression. Never changes.
I actually got the variations for the player's expressions more recently when Hilent redid all the avatars, which is why they aren't used in probably 80% of the game's scenes. I still need to go through the older scenes and add in the expressions. I also need to go back through a lot of earlier scenes and tweak the writing. Though, I'm sure the wiki owner will hate me forever when I do that since he will then have to edit all the transcripts. There is a lot of dialogue early on that is poorly worded.

MarioChief

Dec 13, 2020
You may need to be more specific about exactly what isn't working. Dr. Tiff's enslavement is a sequence with multiple variations and spans a few different scenes So, to track down where the conflict is I'll need to know exactly where the plotline stops you from continuing. . I will attempt to give it a look in the meantime but there are so many places to check that I'm not confident I will be able to find it based on your description.
I've done the necessary Jane Private Lessons, reached the necessary slave threshold, and as a result of Bimbo's Gone Wild have Val and Rack as slaves, but the street scene that starts the Redemption arc won't activate and two of her enslavements are tied to that. Also when I tried going straight to Bimbo's Gone Wild by only enslaving Val then Rack the BGW street scene doesn't activate, so I can't see if reaching other requirements after doing BGW would activate it.
I read somewhere you can't use the Book to get her post BGW, because Rack won't pass it along freed or not.

Oct 26, 2017
*lots of stuff*
Again, many thanks for the feedback and taking the time to post here, Changer!

Quite understandable, and honestly, even on "those platforms", backers should be able to understand this.
Commissions can take quite a while.
I personally use direct payment processing since it's literally tipping, but if you're concerned about investigations, even PayPal now indirectly supports adult content (otherwise Pixiv would be long dead) - though I strongly advise against this as they will still take a fee.

People always get the wrong idea with tipping platforms due to the new motto being "creators, come get paid". It's all up to you, but you shouldn't worry too much about it. I'd still highly advise all creators to get accountants (because reasons) if they don't have one already, even if the platforms they use aren't their main source of income.

You get zero fees on tips (direct donations) and normally don't pay taxes on them, depending on where you live. It's fully transparent with a receipt of the donation, you don't have to specify what it is for and unless you're trying to funnel some weird stuff, you entirely have the right to accept any amount. This can also be deducted from your own work taxes on top, but now this is a different story...

Thanks again for your hard work, and thanks for teaming up with CGM on this. Hopefully this will be a good thing! :)

Edit: Might as well make it shorter while I'm at it! Also changed some of the post to "because reasons".

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2021
Again, many thanks for the feedback and taking the time to post here, Changer!Quite understandable, and honestly, even on "those platforms", backers should be able to understand this.
Commissions can take quite a while.I personally use direct payment processing since it's literally tipping, but if you're concerned about investigations, even PayPal now indirectly supports adult content (otherwise Pixiv would be long dead) - though I strongly advise against this as they will still take a fee.

People always get the wrong idea with tipping platforms due to the new motto being "creators, come get paid". It's all up to you, but you shouldn't worry too much about it. I'd still highly advise all creators to get accountants (because reasons) if they don't have one already, even if the platforms they use aren't their main source of income.

You get zero fees on tips (direct donations) and normally don't pay taxes on them, depending on where you live. It's fully transparent with a receipt of the donation, you don't have to specify what it is for and unless you're trying to funnel some weird stuff, you entirely have the right to accept any amount. This can also be deducted from your own work taxes on top, but now this is a different story...

Thanks again for your hard work, and thanks for teaming up with CGM on this. Hopefully this will be a good thing! :)

Edit: Might as well make it shorter while I'm at it! Also changed some of the post to "because reasons".
Huhu!

Just a wild guess, but maybe Ko-fi could be some sort of tipping option!

thank you for being overall active and chatting away here.

Regards

CM

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
This game looks fun. How far is it from completion?
Like... infinite. It doesn't really seem to have a clearly defined "complete state" that it's getting any closer towards, just a bunch of new things in each update that you can do along each of the various routes. There are already multiple "endings" in the game that lead to a New Game+, one of which even triggers a route that only begins when you've already gotten one of the endings. So I don't really know how you could measure its closeness to completion. My guess is that the game will just keep going until the dev doesn't want to (or can't) update it any further.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Succubus Hunter

Oct 26, 2017
+1 on this, Adventure High is one of those games that don't exactly have an "ending" as in no more content after this - you can repeat it over and over again and just choose a different approach (even on the same route) until you get bored. The main issue is getting bored too fast if you take the wrong approach, but as far as I can tell, Changer and his marketing companion (for lack of better terms!) have been working on it by asking for feedback.

Just like all games, it's highly recommended not to marathon the hell out of it and go full OCD or you'll get bored super fast. Also don't grind to hell - if the dungeon part bores you, just use the Konami Code in the protagonist's room or hack your save (even without minerva since minerva doesn't really support Stencyl saves, it's pretty straightforward with a mere hex editor).

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Succubus Hunter

Nejifan

Jul 5, 2018
Does anyone know if it's possible to save edit this game? I've tried using the online save editor but it says that the file is not supported.

HypnoChanger

Game Developer
Feb 12, 2018
I have 6 main endings planned; with side endings being available as a result of certain other events occurring to disrupt the main plot. In that sense, you could say the game is 1/6th of the way finished since I have one of the six main ending implemented. But it's hard to guess how close I am to completing the game as a whole as there are multiple factors which make the game faster in some ways, but slower in other ways to develop.

Linkolek

Oct 19, 2017
I agree that full flowchart wouldn't work, but a scene replay or gallery that shows you blank spots (possibly with scene name or some other hint) would be a godsend, especially for people that do play every few (dozen) updates.

Also adding sonething like a diary to display how far one got in a series of scenes would be good for those that do not play in a single sitting.
Something like this:

It would show only how far you got, so you know what is already done after loading a save a week after making it.
Maybe with parts that you got in another playthrough grayed out? It might be tricky, as some plots are interconnected, but it would help a lot.

Small thing: when clicking on a spell during dialogue don't make it disappear if it's a failure (no effect on scene). It would save the player a lot of clicking and when one has all spells and don't use a walkthrough to know when to use them.

Lastly, an option to start a NG+ straight out from starting screen after unlocking it and better save file managnent (at least make it so we can copy-paste text) would be an amazing for QOL.

I forgot to mention, but I heard that and you can make game resizable (look up , for exampe). Is there a reason why you only release .exe that cannot do that?

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 10 Votes