3.30 star(s) 10 Votes

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone know if it's possible to save edit this game? I've tried using the online save editor but it says that the file is not supported.
Minerva (and other .SOL editors) doesn't do Stencyl.

It should be trivial with a simple hex editor. Or if you feel particularly ambitious, you can directly hack into the code and inject the changes using one of the many known vulnerabilities without having to disassemble, decompile and then rebuild the entire thing if what you seek to change is more complex, like modding.

Jun 8, 2021
Hey Everyone!

Because public demand, you can now support Changer in a more direct way without Patreon through

Thank you all for supporting the games from Changer.

CM

HypnoChanger

Game Developer
Feb 12, 2018
I agree that full flowchart wouldn't work, but a scene replay or gallery that shows you blank spots (possibly with scene name or some other hint) would be a godsend, especially for people that do play every few (dozen) updates.

Also adding sonething like a diary to display how far one got in a series of scenes would be good for those that do not play in a single sitting.
Something like this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It would show only how far you got, so you know what is already done after loading a save a week after making it.
Maybe with parts that you got in another playthrough grayed out? It might be tricky, as some plots are interconnected, but it would help a lot.

Small thing: when clicking on a spell during dialogue don't make it disappear if it's a failure (no effect on scene). It would save the player a lot of clicking and when one has all spells and don't use a walkthrough to know when to use them.

Lastly, an option to start a NG+ straight out from starting screen after unlocking it and better save file managnent (at least make it so we can copy-paste text) would be an amazing for QOL.

I forgot to mention, but I heard that and you can make game resizable (look up , for exampe). Is there a reason why you only release .exe that cannot do that?
Thanks for the feedback. I will try to answer each thing for you.

Eventually I do want to have a gallery, but it's probably something for after I finish getting caught up on being behind my artists and can dedicate a large amount of time to it. Because the game has literally hundreds of CGs, the change will take a lot of time to do.

A diary would be difficult to implement for the same reason a flowchart would be; I would essentially have to program it to have blurbs about every scene in the game, which would be prohibitively difficult.

I plan to update and improve the way spell selection works when I get the new UI. Hopefully I can make things more user friendly all around.

NG+ is based on the save you beat the game with; including knowing secrets that are revealed to give you early access into different plots you normally could not access. This feature is not fleshed out fully yet, but as a result of this feature, going into a NG+ directly wouldn't work right.

I used to export to .SWF but unfortunately the game takes too much memory to compile into .SWF now. Basically, stencyl has a hard limit on how much memory it can access on a single file. And since .SWF is packaged into a single file, it hits that limit and fails the compile. I don't think stencyl's devs have any intention of fixing it though since it only affects the .SWF export and flash has been discontinued.

EXE can be made to be resized, but I am uncertain if the game can handle it, due to the sheer number of CGs in the game. Once I am caught up and have time to tinker with things, I may attempt to see if I can get it to work.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
EXE can be made to be resized, but I am uncertain if the game can handle it, due to the sheer number of CGs in the game. Once I am caught up and have time to tinker with things, I may attempt to see if I can get it to work.
I really hope you can; on a 4k screen, it looks something like this:
screen.jpg

Oct 26, 2017
Hey Everyone!

Because public demand, you can now support Changer in a more direct way without Patreon through

Thank you all for supporting the games from Changer.

CM
Fuck yeah. Less money for Jack Cunt and his fake taxes that the IRS refuses to look into, more for Changer.

Thanks a lot for this CM and Changer!

Oct 26, 2017
any idea to go full screen i keep getting window on pc
A dirty workaround would be a tool like D3D windower (unlike the name, it doesn't just do D3D, it's a window hook) or forcing a very low resolution in a VM if it is beyond your graphic card's capabilities. Maybe even redirecting the window so it can be externally rendered but I honestly have no clue how to do this.

I'm sure there are smarter ways around this for Adventure High though, so I apologize, and yeah, thanks in advance!

LoneKaiser

Dec 10, 2017
I was lurking the wiki and apparently, Furukawa (wiki admin) updated the front page.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So... have fun figuring out the game now. Good fucking job, FANDOM.

There is a Discord link on the Home page of the wiki, so if someone has Discord, that's probably your best bet for getting info about the game from now on.

Me? I mostly played it because I could rely on the Wiki and now... eh, we'll see.

Oct 26, 2017
As far as I can tell, this isn't the first time Fandom is pulling such a stunt on Furukawa's wiki (if you check the blogposts). But I suppose Furukawa's had more than enough and that's quite understandable... Working on a wiki mostly by oneself already is a gargantuan (hell, delusional even) task.

I miss the wikia days. Did some work on the wiki at some point but went fuck it with all the Fandom UI fuckups. It's a good thing some wikis do manage to somehow make it work, but it takes serious effort and... well... the only one I recall that managed to fly past the radar here is Monster Girl Dreams by using a semi-NSFW approach.

Edit: know -> recall, shit memory and stuff

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
So someone's at least gonna save all the pages for non-wiki posterity before it shuts down, right? It may not be as easy to navigate, but at least the information should be available somewhere.

Oct 26, 2017
So someone's at least gonna save all the pages for non-wiki posterity before it shuts down, right? It may not be as easy to navigate, but at least the information should be available somewhere.
The content will still be there even if Fandom removes it from public view so while not easy to browse, it will still be possible to retrieve the information.

Moving it to a dedicated host may also be worth it if the future administrator has the resources. EHwiki, for example, uses . The ideal scenario of course is the developer themselves being the administrator (or at least power user) of said wiki once one or more projects are confirmed to be a long-term interest.

Changer's marketing manager may entertain the idea and they might decide to have a wiki for all of their games, which would at the same time act as a hub, much like an official website, but where the community can also interact and help it expand.

Not exactly an expert when it comes to making or managing wikis but that would be more organized than, say, a separate wiki for each one of Changer's games. Just a completely random thought on the matter because I wanted to write more than just 'fuck Fandom'.

and it ended up being a wall of text so I bet fuck Fandom would have been a better approach, heh

Jun 8, 2021
Huhu!

Like you already guessed, it is a tremendous amount of work who needs dedication and love.
we will talk about it (changer and i), but i cannot encourage or give hops on that matter because of the pure size.

If there is a noteworthy announcement/decision, we will let ya know!

CM

HypnoChanger

Game Developer
Feb 12, 2018
Yeah, I heard about the wiki being shut down. I don't think I have the ability to manage the wiki myself with as much on my plate as I have. I have heard that a few people are working on saving the information though so hopefully they succeed in getting it up again.

Reactions: Blortz

Drogorn

Jun 24, 2018
I've taken the liberty of backing up the walkthrough on the wiki to I have no idea what other pages in the wiki are important, so if anyone want to give me a list of "the important ones" or archive them themself, that'd be great.
A random smattering of pages look to be saved already, and I don't particularly care to figure out what is/isn't, so I've just grabbed a handful that looked broken. Depends how long it takes for Fandom to fully erase the wiki, I guess

LoneKaiser

Dec 10, 2017
Was gonna check the wiki for something and was met with a nice sign saying "WIKI IS DEAD BECAUSE WE (FANDOM) ARE USELESS MOTHERFUCKERS".

I sense Furukawa is displeased about this.

Drogorn

Jun 24, 2018
Right, I don't understand how Fandom works, or why they closed the wiki (their built in info is kinda garbage). Attached is the file they provided when I requested a download of all existing pages in the wiki. It's a not incredibly useful XML file. It appears to have all of the text info in it, at least.

If anyone who's more familiar with XML wants to take a crack at it, have at it, otherwise I think most of the wiki managed to be preserved on archive.org

Reactions: Linkolek
3.30 star(s) 10 Votes