3.30 star(s) 10 Votes

LoneKaiser

Dec 10, 2017
This game has really slowed down on the updates. Used to be lot more on the patreon, but now it's mostly his other games
His last update was March 1st.

Updates on this version:
Feb 21
Feb 25
March 1

So over a month without a word because why the fuck would he?

EDIT:
According to his Patreon, he started working on the clicker game again 3 days ago. Despite saying (a lot) that this is his main game... yeah, fuck him at this point.

jacob bond

Feb 23, 2018
His last update was March 1st.

Updates on this version:
Feb 21
Feb 25
March 1

So over a month without a word because why the fuck would he?

EDIT:
According to his Patreon, he started working on the clicker game again 3 days ago. Despite saying (a lot) that this is his main game... yeah, fuck him at this point.
yeah he really should've just focused on this game instead.

Sunshaded

Jul 14, 2018
Changer only started working on other games back when he ran into engine limitations with Flash and decided to pay someone to port AH to Unity, and had time on his hands... but in the end, they failed to port it, and he found a workaround for the engine limitation anyway, so it was a lot of wasted time. However, at this point, I think most of the reason he works on games besides AH is that they're what inspire him most.

After all this time, I'm just happy that at least the UI of AH is receiving an upgrade, and that the game's content continues to grow slowly but surely.

LoneKaiser

Dec 10, 2017
Changer only started working on other games back when he ran into engine limitations with Flash and decided to pay someone to port AH to Unity, and had time on his hands... but in the end, they failed to port it, and he found a workaround for the engine limitation anyway, so it was a lot of wasted time. However, at this point, I think most of the reason he works on games besides AH is that they're what inspire him most.

After all this time, I'm just happy that at least the UI of AH is receiving an upgrade, and that the game's content continues to grow slowly but surely.
The issue with Flash was that his game became more than 100 MBs which Flash no longer supported. Instead of actively (right at once) learning Unity and porting it, he ignored it and started working on other games.

A friend of mine said he'd gladly port it for free to Unity, solely to get experience with Unity. He was rejected, "because he had already paid someone else to port it". He, apparently, paid three different people to port the game before finally getting it done.

Along with this, he has stated (several times) that he's going back to updating this game monthly. This has not happened. He supposedly mentioned that he was going to start making it monthly around May last year.

He has not started making monthly updates even ONCE. He BARELY made bimonthly updates.

I know that the wiki admin has mentioned interest in taking over the game while Changer finishes the other stuff, but was rejected on the basis that no. Changer's game. Fuck off. Even if he planned on doing it just so that people would get more content for a game they pay for.

At this point, Changer is little more than a child who got bored of a toy that used to bring him joy and found new toys (games) that brings him more joy (money) so why should he bother to continue with something he already had?

Instead of letting someone else adopt it and keep working on it, he's letting it (quite literally) kill itself by not caring about it. Last I heard, the reason he's not working on it was because "all UI isn't finished"... what prevents him from adding stuff that's already available while waiting for the UI to finish? AFAIK, nothing. Other than him refusing to.

outofpower007

Oct 8, 2019
yeah he really should've just focused on this game instead.
Yeah, I had to unsub from the patreon because of it. Don't know why the clicker game doesn't do it for me, even though the art is much better and more consistent. I think maybe it's because you control the girls first and then get to know them after, so I'm missing the before/after that is at the base of the mind control appeal

Last edited:

Sunshaded

Jul 14, 2018
Wow, I had no idea all that happened. So the Unity port actually got done? I thought he gave up on it.

It's understandable to not want someone else to take over your project, even if you're really slow for reasons that are hard to excuse. Still, I agree it's a shame.

Yeah, Spiral Clicker was kind of fun at first, but there's no depth to the characters.

Reactions: Vanndril

Oct 26, 2017
Think last time I played this was like three months ago. With the massive amount of bugs the Flash version had, I'd honestly have focused on fixing all of them before even considering an Unity port but guess Changer had their reasons... Game also had a huge wiki iirc that got gradually abandoned, leaving everything to just the administrator.

What Sunshaded said, it's a shame... Haven't tried Spiral Clicker but Adventure High was kinda fun and had some actual depth. :confused:

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Think last time I played this was like three months ago. With the massive amount of bugs the Flash version had, I'd honestly have focused on fixing all of them before even considering an Unity port but guess Changer had their reasons... Game also had a huge wiki iirc that got gradually abandoned, leaving everything to just the administrator.

What Sunshaded said, it's a shame... Haven't tried Spiral Clicker but Adventure High was kinda fun and had some actual depth. :confused:
I can understand not wanting to spend time fixing bugs when the entire codebase is obsolete when the Unity version comes out anyway. The reason for the Unity port is pretty obvious I thought, Flash is dead at this point, nobody supports it anymore.

Oct 26, 2017
Flash support's been dropping in major browser for years though (something like 2016, with Chrome dropping it first iirc?) but didn't know it only went official at the end of December 2020 apparently. I haven't tested the Unity port (ports?) so can't really comment on it.

I can indeed agree to a complete overhaul but what some of us have been trying to say (and it came out wrong here, sorry about that) is he could have done it much earlier and save himself (and backers, as well as the free audience - community is ready to help for free, don't always have to pay people to get help, money isn't everything, etc) a lot of trouble.

Again, sorry if that came out wrong.

outofpower007

Oct 8, 2019
Tbh we like this game more but it's not a popular opinion. I remember when I was on the patreon, he did a poll for his games. AH had zero (0) votes. I can't blame him at all for sidelining it.

• Sad
Reactions: Vanndril

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Version 0.63 is up for the public. Can be found , among other places. The dev also mentioned something about Spiral Clicker being almost finished and hopefully getting back to more frequent updates when that's done, but I can't see any of the Patreon posts so I don't know anything more about that.

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the heads-up and the link Rosen King! Was curious to see what all that unity fuss was about.

>Name your own price
1000 Rosacoins and you don't get to refuse. She better get more yuri scenes though :p

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
So this is gonna sound weird, but I have a lot of issues with OCD and anxiety that are keeping me from posting certain things here because reasons. But my OCD is also bugging me about not saying it. 262177, can you start a private message conversation with me? You currently have it set to not accept messages, so I can't say what I need to say without also setting off my OCD in ways I don't want to set it off.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ViviX12

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
have some one a 100% save
A "100% save" isn't going to do you any good in this game. There's no in-game gallery to unlock, and you can't revisit scenes you've already seen without starting a new game (or new game+). If you want to see the game's images, you can just look in the image folder. If you want to power through the combat with an overpowered character, input the Konami Code (Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A) in the main character's room.

Reactions: godofthevoid

HypnoChanger

Game Developer
Feb 12, 2018
Hey everyone. Been a while since I have been active on this forum due to losing my bookmarks the last time I replaced my computer and missing this site. I am seeing a fair bit of confusion over both my intentions with the game and why things had changed so I thought I might try to clear that up. This may be a long post as a result but I'm trying to include as much information as I can.

AH is not something I have lost interest in, at all. I am still very interested in it, and am looking forward to being back to monthly updates for it. The reason that the game originally stopped being able to compile was an engine limitation and not a flash limitation. Basically, once compiling the game took more than 8GB of ram, the engine would crash. The 100mb issue was something different and was a limitation of being able to upload to newgrounds.

During the time the game was down, I started doing Spiral Clicker as my monthly updating project, so as to show that I am trying to keep doing consistent work even though my main project was stalled out. During this time, I had multiple offers for AH to be ported to unity, and I had accepted several of them, but none ever worked out. I did turn down a few but that was because I was nervous about having a ton of different people working on the same thing, as it would be a large inconvenience for everyone who didn't end up producing the first successful port.

Eventually, I managed to get the developers of stencyl to understand the problem I was having, and they finally fixed it, allowing AH to be able to be compiled again. From there, I started working on AH myself again. But, by that point I had already been doing Spiral Clicker monthly for somewhere around a year if I recall correctly. So, I felt like switching over to AH as the monthly updating project would make me appear to be wishy washy and indecisive about where I want to put my development focus.

My intention is, and has been that when I get Spiral Clicker to "feature complete" I will switch it off to a slower update cycle, getting a new girl every now and again as I get the art for it, and then switching AH to being my monthly updating project again. Unfortunately, spiral clicker is taking a lot longer to complete than I anticipated. I had a very severe hurricane season last year, and got hit with several hurricanes and had to evacuate once for several days. I was lucky enough not to take damage but it was a very distracting series of events.

You'd think that would only put me a month behind, but it seems like it had sort of a ripple effect; my artists got well ahead of me during that month of me barely being able to code, so trying to catch up with them has slowed down how quickly I can program and test the new features for Spiral Clicker.

I have been catching up steadily each month though and I am starting to close in on feature complete. I have a handful of buildings to finish up functions for, a few more UI touchups to do, and one last special area to add and the game will be done and AH will be back to monthly updates. I just don't know how long it will take exactly as while it feels like I'm almost there, I've felt like I'm almost there for a while.

In the meantime, AH has been generally updating every 2-3 months. I have been trying to aim for every other month as a release schedule, but it feels oftentimes at the end of the second month like there isn't quite enough content to feel worth releasing so I give it another month of development before making a new public release. Which is why AH has been so slow lately.

Anyways, sorry about the long silence and confusion about things with the game. It's definitely not dead, and I will definitely be finishing it.

Last edited:

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for getting back to us here at F95, HypnoChanger. This is most appreciated. Thanks for the detailed post as well. :)

Better not give deadlines than not being able to meet them, so please don't worry about that, those monthly-based platforms encourage the worst mindsets and it's best to follow your own schedule so you don't end up getting pressured by the end-of-month shit. I'm sure seeing you take the time to come and post here will help more people regain some confidence in AH.

(If that "new" yearly crap some platforms implemented can be disabled, I'd also encourage that, as that will both be a fuck you to the platform as well as a reminder to backers they can stop at any time and resume when they feel like it, because many of them somehow feel like they are forced to pay every month for something they don't want to support, and I don't really get how people would come to this conclusion in the first place. This is also why I've always been supporting developers directly instead of using content delivery services masquerading as something else.)

Jun 8, 2021
Hello everyone!

Thank you all for your interactions with the games of the Changer brand!

Changer decided, to get some help from the outside, because he did accept, that the community interaction from him was a bit lacking, and did stir up quite some misunderstandings.

So, here am I.

I would like to start with constructive feedback from ya lot for us!

->What do you think, is the most important thing the game / game brand lacks?

->What is your overall problem/concern with the game/changer?

->What bugs did you find and need fast actions?

->And as for the last, what overall question do you have for Changer? (everything goes)

The idea/intention behind this is, that we (Changer and I) can address all the problems and try to help ya, as best as we can. In the end, we want that you enjoy the games and maybe be a supporter in the future.

Thank you very much for all the work you did until now, F95 community!

CM

3.30 star(s) 10 Votes