3.30 star(s) 10 Votes

Ka1E1

Aug 5, 2020
I played downloaded SWF file version from Newgrounds for years, but lately they changed format or something and I could not download it anymore. Thanks for this, the story and characters are quite hilarious.

HypnoChanger

Game Developer
Feb 12, 2018
Ideally I would like to put it on steam, but I am nervous that it will end up just getting banned. Steam is ona hair trigger over school-like settings and will take any excuse to say "Actually this college is secretly a high school so therefor it is trying to evade our rules and must be banned!"

That happened to a developer I know several months back. It would be a shame to spend the money to put it on there only to just immediately get banned, since you don't get a refund if your game is rejected. ^__^;

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Ideally I would like to put it on steam, but I am nervous that it will end up just getting banned. Steam is ona hair trigger over school-like settings and will take any excuse to say "Actually this college is secretly a high school so therefor it is trying to evade our rules and must be banned!"
To be entirely fair, the game is literally called "Adventure High" and not "Adventure University". Actually, the name of the game as a whole is kind of... Well, it doesn't give a good idea of what the game is about at all, to say the least. It probably would make sense to change it at some point.

pacefrei

Oct 27, 2017
does this game work without flash player.
It does not since the author refused to make the jump to a modern engine or language. You can still run it outside of the browser but you'll still be open to all the major hacking and cybersecurity concerns that in part led to it being forcefully removed from browsers in the first place.

Edit:Didn't look closely but it seems it was finally converted to html5, presumably because stencyl forced him to. Still a shame he didn't take the opportunity for a refactor but at least it's not a huge risk.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: SolusSama

ShannonKun

Apr 30, 2019
Wow this is still going? I remember I liked it back when it was just getting started, but I see it's still not finished.
Is there a guide to the game? I recall it started to have MANY routs at some point. Also is there a gallery or some other way to track how much you've seen?
I want to give it another go, but not sure if it's better to wait for later versions...

LoneKaiser

Dec 10, 2017
What button do I press to sub to Val?
Do you mean switch her out? You do so from the menu.

Wow this is still going? I remember I liked it back when it was just getting started, but I see it's still not finished.
Is there a guide to the game? I recall it started to have MANY routs at some point. Also is there a gallery or some other way to track how much you've seen?
I want to give it another go, but not sure if it's better to wait for later versions...
There's no gallery AFAIK.
There used to be a wiki, but FANDOM closed it (which pissed off the wiki admin who had been working on the wiki for like 6 years or something - dude was a walking fucking fountain of knowledge about the game, IDK how it is now).

Reactions: ShannonKun

ShannonKun

Apr 30, 2019
Do you mean switch her out? You do so from the menu.

There's no gallery AFAIK.
There used to be a wiki, but FANDOM closed it (which pissed off the wiki admin who had been working on the wiki for like 6 years or something - dude was a walking fucking fountain of knowledge about the game, IDK how it is now).
Wow... Harsh. I think I'll wait a bit more. Maybe a guide will pop up at the very least. Thanks for the info.
I want to play it when it's a bit more "ripe" (close to a completed game and with a way to know what I'm doing and what I've seen / haven't seen)

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Anyone have a changelog for the newest version?

Also, is there a reason nothing seems to get uploaded to Mega anymore? Have they been cracking down harder on piracy or something?

HypnoChanger

Game Developer
Feb 12, 2018
In response to the statement about the mouse not advancing text; I tried to do that a while back but it was very glitchy, the simulate key press function doesn't seem to work right. I may try it again at some point in case the newer version of stencyl works better.

Rosen King, the changelog is pretty simple. basically, the whole Ui has been redone for this version. There aren't any new scenes in this version as I spent the whole time working on implementing the UI.

Reactions: Vanndril

Atl92

Sep 12, 2021
In response to the statement about the mouse not advancing text; I tried to do that a while back but it was very glitchy, the simulate key press function doesn't seem to work right. I may try it again at some point in case the newer version of stencyl works better.

Rosen King, the changelog is pretty simple. basically, the whole Ui has been redone for this version. There aren't any new scenes in this version as I spent the whole time working on implementing the UI.
A little off topic but why is there a beast tag? I played through the game all the way to floor 20 and as far as I can tell there is no beast content.

P.S game was fun, but the floor 16 (pond) was confusing and it took me a while to realize it was a hidden mirror section should prob add a clue to that one.

3.30 star(s) 10 Votes