Ritsujin

May 30, 2018
Did

did they jack the whole Octopath Traveler fight mechanics and style for their own?
Massive balls on this one, ha.

• Red Heart
Reactions: PastryIRL

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Hey, I don't mind, Octopath's a banger. :PogChamp:

Though, not sure what LIL is. :unsure:
Oh yeah pretty solid game, tho I wished relationships and stories between characters intersected more, we will see with the sequel

That’s Lessons in Love, Pastry is a big fan, you can see some of the inspiration, in the way the game is presented with menus, event track, some humor et cetera

juancagd

Nov 21, 2020
help please,
I got an error when I worked in the guild and it came out as an adventurer rin

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/guild/guildwork.rpy", line 1066, in script call
    call screen guildwork_control
  File "game/scripts/guild/triggers.rpy", line 110, in script
    r_surprise "Kazuma?"
Exception: Sayer 'r_surprise' is not defined.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/scripts/guild/guildwork.rpy", line 1066, in script call
    call screen guildwork_control
  File "game/scripts/guild/triggers.rpy", line 110, in script
    r_surprise "Kazuma?"
  File "C:\Users\juanc\OneDrive\Escritorio\juegos\+18\renpy\adventurer_trainer.0.1.6-0.1.6-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 881, in execute
    who = eval_who(self.who, self.who_fast)
  File "C:\Users\juanc\OneDrive\Escritorio\juegos\+18\renpy\adventurer_trainer.0.1.6-0.1.6-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 774, in eval_who
    raise Exception("Sayer '%s' is not defined." % who)
Exception: Sayer 'r_surprise' is not defined.

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809-Pastry0.1
Adventurer Trainer 0.1.6 0.1.6
Wed Jan 25 16:04:23 2023

PastryIRL

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2021
Woah this means that you are becoming famous pastry!
“With great talent comes great leaking”Totally Uncle Ben
That's the way I look at it :LOL:

Adventurer Trainer [v0.1.6] [PastryIRL] Compressed
Can someone verify this works
We've had troubles with compressed builds before

Your rework is amazing.
The game really got a lot better.
<3

not sure what LIL is.
This: https://f95zone.to/threads/lessons-in-love-v0-28-0-selebus.48158/
Big recommend :D

help please,
I got an error when I worked in the guild and it came out as an adventurer rin
Looks like a new bug for me to fix. You should be able to safely press Ignore when this pops up and continue

Reactions: zARRR

Exoplast

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017

PastryIRL

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2021
Can you tell me what problems the prevoius versions has, then i will check my specific on that errors.
The game runs on my fork of Ren'Py and relies on my changes to the engine to work; so if the compressed version uses the public version, it'll result in bugs during gameplay.

I included a very basic sanity check so if there is a version mismatch you'll see a warning in the main menu. Also an easy way to check would be to go through the very first quest (or any quest, really). If there are no errors, it should be good.

I'll include a README file with instructions for modders/compressors in the future on this topic. Thank you for all you do <3

Exoplast

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
The game runs on my fork of Ren'Py and relies on my changes to the engine to work; so if the compressed version uses the public version, it'll result in bugs during gameplay.

I included a very basic sanity check so if there is a version mismatch you'll see a warning in the main menu. Also an easy way to check would be to go through the very first quest (or any quest, really). If there are no errors, it should be good.

I'll include a README file with instructions for modders/compressors in the future on this topic. Thank you for all you do <3
Have no warning in Main menu and also do some mission. Nothing special happens seems to work fine.

But i also basicly only compressed the files and don't put it through the sdk , because it's causing errors (that's now understandable when you use a custom sdk).

• Red Heart
Reactions: PastryIRL

Tenzai

Sep 27, 2020
Oh yeah pretty solid game, tho I wished relationships and stories between characters intersected more, we will see with the sequel

That’s Lessons in Love, Pastry is a big fan, you can see some of the inspiration, in the way the game is presented with menus, event track, some humor et cetera
Eh, I never would have known Pastry is a fan of LiL if it wasn't stated and I play both games. The event tracker should be in every game like these imo so you know what you missed/how to get them. That's what I like about Takei's Journey tracker/walkthrough in the game and the one in this one. You don't have to go to the thread/wiki to ask/see how to get certain events because it tells you in the game. As for the humor, that's the show. To me, all Pastry did was make a real Konosuba game with sex in it while keeping as close to the characters as possible. Either way, both games are good.

Edit: Yeah, after the new content, I can see Pastry really likes LiL.

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 39 Votes