depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
So I pressed a wrong key somewhere and now my screen is in black and white, pressing "R" doesn't solve the problem and my only option seems to be to load an early save, any way to solve this?
"R" works for me when the game is in black and white, just tried again with 0.19. Try pressing several times to "R" key. If still not resetting the color, then do these steps:

- save your current black and white game,
- load a previous save with color,
- load your black and white save,
- press "R" again.

Edit: This info is wrong, so don't bother trying.

Reactions: Blup Blup

Nenad A.

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2018
"R" works for me when the game is in black and white, just tried again with 0.19. Try pressing several times to "R" key. If still not resetting the color, then do these steps:

- press "R" again.
"R" button is for quick load last autosave (resume game). So every time we go to save/load screen or main menu game will autosave. We can load this with pressing "R" button. I know I need to update all functions and sort em up a bit cause some are still unclear for people. But this is why it worked for you to revert shaders cause you did nothing else but pressed "R" and that loaded autosave where shader was not set to "ON". I will probably create some quick save/quick load buttons on F8/F9 in future... or similar.

Reactions: depechedNode

MRC

Jun 19, 2017

- press "R" again.
Didn't work for me sadly, but I managed to load one of the bookmarks from the appdata/local folder and continue from there with minimal progress loss, thanks anyway!

Reactions: depechedNode

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
Sorry for the wrong info, I was sure that "R" was reset function, but looks like it was meant to be "resume". :)

Be careful guys for other traps this tricky dev may put in the game. For example don't press "F" it may format your PC... :tf:

lots`o`fap

Dec 22, 2017
[wailing sheep sound]
Oh I don't know what I've done now :( ...
I'm using Windows XP Pro, and I tried to go from v0.13 to v0.19. I had both versions on my desktop since that's where I put them. In the v0.13 game, I could see my saves and play them all throughout this mess. When I followed the instructions for v0.19, I couldn't see anything, but I could flip back and forth between v0.13 and v0.19 games, so I killed v0.13 completely to avoid some conflict. Here's the weird thing...
I can't even find where the saved games are. I turned on "show hidden files". My WinXP has the following save path C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\AppData\Local\Adventures of Willy D 019\Savegames that happens after I run the "Willy D Savegames 019.exe" but that's not where they're saved because when I delete those saves from Nemad and make a save with v0.19, it shows the save that I also reload, but no C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\AppData\Local\Adventures of Willy D 019\Savegames is created What can I do to fix this, and where are the game saves held on Windows XP Pro? I think the C:\Users\(username)\AppData... is more for later version of Windows. I got my copy from the Mega link at the beginning of this thread.

lots`o`fap

Dec 22, 2017
So I found this. Maybe it helps Nenad with development? Yeah I know Windows XP during the creation of our solar system, but still...
C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Local Settings\Application Data\Adventures of Willy D 013\Savegames
you see it differs from at least three folders in the nest (besides version folder):
C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Adventures of Willy D 019\Savegames
In my v0.13 folder, I see:
config.ini
messages.log
vsplayer.dmp

Nenad A.

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2018
So I found this. Maybe it helps Nenad with development? Yeah I know Windows XP during the creation of our solar system, but still...
C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Local Settings\Application Data\Adventures of Willy D 013\Savegames
you see it differs from at least three folders in the nest (besides version folder):
C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Adventures of Willy D 019\Savegames
In my v0.13 folder, I see:
config.ini
messages.log
vsplayer.dmp
Exe is for win 7 + (win 10) so it won't find exact location of savegames of my game. but with using exe you may choose different path to install em. And to know where they exactly will fall start game at least once and click new game then quit. save game folder is now created. After you locate it just copy that path to savegames exe (when it ask where to install it) and problem is solved... I never thought anyone still using XP lol... Does Willy D game work good on XP?

Slmdvm2561

Nov 17, 2017
I'm getting a bug where after visiting the Orion hotel I can no longer get hints with the "H" key or save/load games with the F5 key. Anybody else with this issue?

Nenad A.

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2018
I'm getting a bug where after visiting the Orion hotel I can no longer get hints with the "H" key or save/load games with the F5 key. Anybody else with this issue?
That is probably caused on start of scene where Girl says greetings just click any obj or person and talk to them (look at obj) and letters will again appear and all functions will work. I forgot to set "end" on part where girl starts to talk i'll fix that one now. Thx for reminder.

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
Ah, I had something similar with Wine under Linux. So now I know that Wine in that case thought it had to emulate Windows XP. Thanks for this report, now I know I am not imagining things :)

lots`o`fap

Dec 22, 2017
Exe is for win 7 + (win 10) so it won't find exact location of savegames of my game. but with using exe you may choose different path to install em. And to know where they exactly will fall start game at least once and click new game then quit. save game folder is now created. After you locate it just copy that path to savegames exe (when it ask where to install it) and problem is solved... I never thought anyone still using XP lol... Does Willy D game work good on XP?
Hi Nenad!

This is my favorite game for several reasons! You have a multitude of talent, and you're one of the devs that's inspiring me to write something myself! This is also the first time I'm using this game engine. Impressive! :)
Thanks for the help about my vintage Windows XP Pro issues. Willy works OK under Windows XP Pro. It's a little laggy, but in comparison with RPGm or Unity, it's way faster. My computer is probably under powered, and I'm using it in a VM anyway, so that's another performance hit. Still good though!

I'm not sure if I've fixed my dilemma with my old saves. I took two routes, after I changed my game folder to v0.19, but I don't know which of these routes has the expected outcome in properly preserving gameplay...

1. I informed the "Willy D Savegames 019.exe" application to dump its saves in
C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Local Settings\Application Data\Adventures of Willy D 019\Savegames
where my old saves were just sitting there, and then I started Willy, and I see my old saves, but I think that's wrong? It seems to play OK, but my save game plan was disorganized, and I thought older version saves are deprecated? I don't see any woman in the mountains as in 2. below...

2. I deleted all files in:
C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Local Settings\Application Data\Adventures of Willy D 019\Savegames
and then informed the "Willy D Savegames 019.exe" application to dump its saves in the same folder. When I start Willy, I see only two saved games, so in three columns, only the left two boxes are filled, and there's a red-dressed woman there, and I'm somewhere in the mountains, and of course then later the outside aunt Maria fiesta! However, there are no more saves for me to start from where I left, like from the maximum save point in v0.13 Hmm :-/

lots`o`fap

Dec 22, 2017
Ah, I had something similar with Wine under Linux. So now I know that Wine in that case thought it had to emulate Windows XP. Thanks for this report, now I know I am not imagining things :)
He he. Yeah I thought of Wine, but I feel network security is better with a VM, no? I find Wine's configuration daunting. Curious of your thoughts? Cool that this engine and game run under Linux. What other supporting software did you have to install under Wine to get it to work? Last I tried Wine with something .Net was unavoidable. Not a deal-breaker, but I just don't like M$ bloatware. I do like the idea of a bunch of specific "bottles" for applications. It kind of reminds me of a Docker set up, but I'm not a programmer, so maybe I'm wrong about that analogy.

Deleted member 62788

Jun 10, 2017
The only thing I know is a new girl Jade (see ) and that there is new content5 in both paths.
Cheers

Glad to hear there will plot paths this update. Adding too many women in it now and its just making them 'meh' as they have no persona to work on.

Nenad A.

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2018
Hi Nenad!

This is my favorite game for several reasons! You have a multitude of talent, and you're one of the devs that's inspiring me to write something myself! This is also the first time I'm using this game engine. Impressive! :)
Thanks for the help about my vintage Windows XP Pro issues. Willy works OK under Windows XP Pro. It's a little laggy, but in comparison with RPGm or Unity, it's way faster. My computer is probably under powered, and I'm using it in a VM anyway, so that's another performance hit. Still good though!

I'm not sure if I've fixed my dilemma with my old saves. I took two routes, after I changed my game folder to v0.19, but I don't know which of these routes has the expected outcome in properly preserving gameplay...

1. I informed the "Willy D Savegames 019.exe" application to dump its saves in
where my old saves were just sitting there, and then I started Willy, and I see my old saves, but I think that's wrong? It seems to play OK, but my save game plan was disorganized, and I thought older version saves are deprecated? I don't see any woman in the mountains as in 2. below...

2. I deleted all files in:
and then informed the "Willy D Savegames 019.exe" application to dump its saves in the same folder. When I start Willy, I see only two saved games, so in three columns, only the left two boxes are filled, and there's a red-dressed woman there, and I'm somewhere in the mountains, and of course then later the outside aunt Maria fiesta! However, there are no more saves for me to start from where I left, like from the maximum save point in v0.13 Hmm :-/
Ok after you start game and you see women in dress means you installed proper saves and they will work. Now you said you last played 0.13 and would like to go on from there? So this 2 saves in save/load menu are always on exact spot of previous version. However, you may load any version end from OPTIONS menu on main menu screen. This will work after you install my saves ofc. So now go to options menu and pick whatever version you wish (also any of both paths) you will see numbers there v001 v002 etc just left click it to load end of that version. This are autosaves that happen on the end of any version. They work only with my proper saves for current version we play. I know it is not perfect cause it won't be your progress (dolls and other collections) but main story is saved there and you may this way load from any of previous versions. Just remember never to use old versions saves (as from 018 to version 019) those will be glitched.

cosmosdad1

Jan 12, 2018
thanks for your help on my previous issue. i can now get the game to play for a bit. however, it seems anytime i go to one of the animation scenes, (bathroom wank or Miss Skye BJ) the game crashes on me and i get a runtime error. it says something like the game has requested a runtime out at an unusual time please contact the games developer. please, any help would be appreciated. i will say, my pc has some issues currently. running Vista for now.

4.40 star(s) 113 Votes