Nenad A.

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2018
thanks for your help on my previous issue. i can now get the game to play for a bit. however, it seems anytime i go to one of the animation scenes, (bathroom wank or Miss Skye BJ) the game crashes on me and i get a runtime error. it says something like the game has requested a runtime out at an unusual time please contact the games developer. please, any help would be appreciated. i will say, my pc has some issues currently. running Vista for now.
If you can say EXACT error type and number I maybe may help you or even better you could send me message log after game crashed (it is in same folder where savegames are). You may send me those directly on my discord:

kaneda95

Feb 12, 2018
Well ... This game looks very good !
I install it for the first time (v.0.19) ... print 37 pages for the Walkthrough ... OK !
I follow every line but the game crash (only at the page 3/37) => when I go back to Majora Street and give the restaurant reservation to ally girl = Crash
And when I want to load my save game it's written :
Save games error ! Please consult the "How to use save game from previous version.txt"
But I'm not using a save game from a previous version ! I install the game for the 1st time today and did a save after 15 minutes of playing.
Help, please.

Nenad A.

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2018
Well ... This game looks very good !
I install it for the first time (v.0.19) ... print 37 pages for the Walkthrough ... OK !
I follow every line but the game crash (only at the page 3/37) => when I go back to Majora Street and give the restaurant reservation to ally girl = Crash
And when I want to load my save game it's written :
Save games error ! Please consult the "How to use save game from previous version.txt"
But I'm not using a save game from a previous version ! I install the game for the 1st time today and did a save after 15 minutes of playing.
Help, please.
Make sure your PC clock shows correct date and this problem should be resolved. If not you may contact me on discord and I can try and find what went wrong there. also please check does your pc meets minimum requirement (with all needed drivers installed) check that here: invite for my discord in in post above...

kaneda95

Feb 12, 2018
Thank you for your answer.
The time of my PC is correct (for my country, France).
I have a Gamer PC with Windows 8.1 (64 bit) - Intel Core i7 2.67 Ghz - 10 GB Ram - Nvidia 560 GTX ...
I will start a new game ...

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
He he. Yeah I thought of Wine, but I feel network security is better with a VM, no?
Probably yes, although with some creativity VM's can be dangerous as well. However I tried to play this game in a Windows 7 install on VirtualBox and that is a no go. May be others VM's are better, but I didn't investigate that...

I find Wine's configuration daunting. Curious of your thoughts? Cool that this engine and game run under Linux. What other supporting software did you have to install under Wine to get it to work?
I first tried v018 and that went without problems. But when I tried to play v019 it didn't work. Later I found out that one problem was the different location used for the savegames. I also got problems with the Visual C++ runtime although that should be native in Wine. Hadn't time to investigate further.

I also used the Linux visplayer and with some hacks got that to work. So with some more investigation I think I can make a document for how to set things up. But because v020 is almost coming I will play that one on a real Windows 7 for now. But I definitely want games running in Linux through Wine if necessary. Microsoft decided that my legally bought license is suddenly illegal through a obscure "security" patch they installed. With Wine I know for sure I don't get those problems :)

Nenad A.

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2018
Thank you for your answer.
The time of my PC is correct (for my country, France).
I have a Gamer PC with Windows 8.1 (64 bit) - Intel Core i7 2.67 Ghz - 10 GB Ram - Nvidia 560 GTX ...
I will start a new game ...
If screen still appears (save game error) you may try and delete only bookmark01 from savegames folder and that should prevent game on checking savegames... but if still appears please let me know cause I would wanna know what was the issue.

Reactions: kaneda95

jaytee01

Sep 29, 2017
He he. Yeah I thought of Wine, but I feel network security is better with a VM, no? I find Wine's configuration daunting. Curious of your thoughts? Cool that this engine and game run under Linux. What other supporting software did you have to install under Wine to get it to work? Last I tried Wine with something .Net was unavoidable. Not a deal-breaker, but I just don't like M$ bloatware. I do like the idea of a bunch of specific "bottles" for applications. It kind of reminds me of a Docker set up, but I'm not a programmer, so maybe I'm wrong about that analogy.
Why are you guys worrying about Wine when the Linux download works natively on a Linux box???

kaneda95

Feb 12, 2018
I start a new game and save after 3 minutes ... impossible to load my savegame.
Next step, I delete all in : /Local/Adventures of Willy D 019/Savegames
and copy all the contents I found in "Savegames" the only thing I see when I do .... Load Game is :

When I click on Load Game I have this (again) :

:teary::teary::teary:

Nenad A.

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2018
I start a new game and save after 3 minutes ... impossible to load my savegame.
Next step, I delete all in : /Local/Adventures of Willy D 019/Savegames
and copy all the contents I found in "Savegames" the only thing I see when I do .... Load Game is :

When I click on Load Game I have this (again) :

:teary::teary::teary:
Like I said... DELETE bookmark01 and this can't happen at all once you do, then you may load game but do not start new game you may load any version from option menu. Second: are you sure you use proper saves for proper version? in any case, it would be best if you just join my discord server so I could check your errors LIVE... but that is up to you... I can't help you without diagnostic of what went wrong there.

cosmosdad1

Jan 12, 2018
it doesnt give me an error type. seems to be related to that c++ thing i downloaded to play the game possibly. that is what is in the blueish area outside the box. inside the box it says runtime error then show the path of the game application. then below that it says it has requested a runtime in an unusual way. please contact this applications developer. Also, i dont see a log of it in the save file, i just have 2 saves and 31 bookmarks with no new bookmarks added after last crash.

Nenad A.

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2018
it doesnt give me an error type. seems to be related to that c++ thing i downloaded to play the game possibly. that is what is in the blueish area outside the box. inside the box it says runtime error then show the path of the game application. then below that it says it has requested a runtime in an unusual way. please contact this applications developer. Also, i dont see a log of it in the save file, i just have 2 saves and 31 bookmarks with no new bookmarks added after last crash.
It could be corrupted c++ files. Try to reinstall/fix your c++ 2012 (86x version is needed for the game) directly from microsoft pages. Also check your OpenGL drivers in graphic card (update if needed). That should be enough for game to work. If it still does not work then it is something on your pc that makes conflict with c++ or opengl drivers and I really can't help with it remotely asI don't know what exact problem is. If you contact me on discord I may give you more answers maybe with little bit more info of what is happening there.

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
Why are you guys worrying about Wine when the Linux download works natively on a Linux box???
For me it doesn't out of the box. I need to hack it and the it works. However the colors of the text are different, so I can't use it for creating the walkthrough...

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
Cool that this engine and game run under Linux. What other supporting software did you have to install under Wine to get it to work?
Just made a new wine prefix with only the default Mono and Gecko. Used win32 as architecture. The game starts, but pretty soon after some walking it crashes:

Code:
0009:fixme:dbghelp:elf_search_auxv can't find symbol in module
This seems a pretty vague error message because I see it all over the place and nothing specific to remedy it.

EDIT:
Although I didn't see the I did the suggestion. And now I've played half of the first episode in v019 without problems. The savegames are indeed in the Windows XP location although wincfg says it is Windows 7:

Code:
ls -l ~/.wine/drive_c/users/blupblup/Local\ Settings/Application\ Data/Adventures\ of\ Willy\ D\ 019/
Ok, downloading v020 and see if that works. If so I'll report back...

Visionaire says it needs OpenGL so the above shouldn't be needed I think? Also found someone who did some registry tricks to get the native OpenGL working...

Reactions: Galin

julianes30

Jan 16, 2018
I get already the valve but I don't know how to torn on the fountain. someone can help and explain to me how to di it? thanks

jaytee01

Sep 29, 2017
Because the OP only contains the Windows version. No Linux (or Mac).
Sorry guys I was totally wrong I was thinking of a different game.. Sorry. (Suffering from silly old fart syndrome) Having said that the game plays without any issues in Wine.
Using 64bit arch btw

4.40 star(s) 113 Votes