Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
Is this the same bug I am experiencing? (see attached)
Yes :) I presume you see this with the Linux version?

This bug "happened" when i got hypnotized by Gabriela... shes a witch!!!
Thanks. I found that the saves from July 4th didn't show this small screen. I also checked v021 through options and a new game. The first had the problem, the second not. But now I see that loading v020 -- the start of the Gabriella episode -- doesn't have it yet and also sampled five earlier episodes in each route. None have it. Tonight I will try to confirm your finding. It helps when we can pinpoint it occurs...

Also BlupBlup, thanks for the Linux stuff, everything works great so far till i hit this bug (which might not have anything to do with os)
Well at the moment three people have this bug. The second reporter didn't answer my questions yet, so I don't know which OS he/she is using. It could be a bug in the Linux player. Although Visionaire makes updates to it, I have the impression that it isn't well maintained. For example linking to a very old libpng12 is strange. Especially because the provide some libraries in the lib64 and not this one. If you need that specific library they should include it.

However I also had the impression that code in the game triggers it, because not all saves had the problem. And it seems you confirmed this. So it is probably some innocent code from Nenad which triggers a bug in the Linux player. That is what the limited data at the moment suggests. If someone report this in macOS or Windows then this hypothesis is false, but that is what good bug hunting entails...

if a fix/cure is known, please let us know. thanks.
No, not yet. Also the Visionaire developers seem very stubborn and think that their code is error free. I don't like that attitude :(

BTW which distribution are you using? And what is your graphics card?

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
Ok, confirmed the bug. I load v020 and siad to Gabriella "I'm ready for my hypnosis session". At the point were the blurry screen becomes clear the whole seen is sucked up in the small screen at the top. And that part is also animated :) Here is how it looks...

droste_effect.png

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
Indeed. I start to leave game when this happens though or not bother with them to start with. Neither religion or school children hold any sexual interest for me, which I'm quite happy about.
That is your opinion which I can respect. But it seemed to me that you advised other people not to download it because it wasn't worth it. May be that wasn't your intention but that was what it seemed to me. Plus that what you said was incomplete, so I wrote my reply. I found this a again a great update. Lots of sexy animations and some well known fetishes -- nuns and sorority. Obviously not for you, but as long as you don't impose it to others I'm fine with that :)

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
Somehow i completely missed the adams apartment and daisy scenes, is there anyway to still play these scenes out? i'm passed the hotel scene looking for coins
I'm not sure if I understand your question. But Alan -- not Adam -- and Daisy are the main adventure so you can always continue with that. Or even must if you want to unlock more of the city Willy lives in. The coins is a side quest and can be played whenever you want. It is part of the open world to explore on your own...

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
what's the exe is for in the save folder ?

in savegames & walkthrough folder they are an "willy D savegames 022.exe" ... what is it for ?

i dont see any explanation about this file..
That last sentence means you didn't read all the text files :) The executable is for Windows users to put the provided Savegames in the correct folder. Unfortunately Windows made the top folder hidden, so people have troubles with that. Linux and macOS users can most of the time copy to hidden folder by just given the folder name even if it is not visible -- . in front of name.

jsbb9999

Modder
Sep 7, 2017
Yes :) I presume you see this with the Linux version?

Thanks. I found that the saves from July 4th didn't show this small screen. I also checked v021 through options and a new game. The first had the problem, the second not. But now I see that loading v020 -- the start of the Gabriella episode -- doesn't have it yet and also sampled five earlier episodes in each route. None have it. Tonight I will try to confirm your finding. It helps when we can pinpoint it occurs...

Well at the moment three people have this bug. The second reporter didn't answer my questions yet, so I don't know which OS he/she is using. It could be a bug in the Linux player. Although Visionaire makes updates to it, I have the impression that it isn't well maintained. For example linking to a very old libpng12 is strange. Especially because the provide some libraries in the lib64 and not this one. If you need that specific library they should include it.

However I also had the impression that code in the game triggers it, because not all saves had the problem. And it seems you confirmed this. So it is probably some innocent code from Nenad which triggers a bug in the Linux player. That is what the limited data at the moment suggests. If someone report this in macOS or Windows then this hypothesis is false, but that is what good bug hunting entails...

No, not yet. Also the Visionaire developers seem very stubborn and think that their code is error free. I don't like that attitude :(

BTW which distribution are you using? And what is your graphics card?
i Don't think this is libpng related.
however here is my info:

# game
ver: 022
played from scratch, no old saves

# libpng
libpng12-0 - PNG library - runtime
libpng12-dev - PNG library - development

# inxi
System: Kernel: 4.4.0-124-generic x86_64 (64 bit) Desktop: MATE 1.12.0 Distro: Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa
Machine: Mobo: GIGABYTE model: MQLP5AP-00 v: 1.x Bios: American Megatrends v: F2 date: 12/05/2014
CPU: Dual core Intel Core i5-5200U (-HT-MCP-) cache: 3072 KB
clock speeds: max: 2700 MHz 1: 1401 MHz 2: 1927 MHz 3: 1033 MHz 4: 1828 MHz
Graphics: Card: Intel Broadwell-U Integrated Graphics
Display Server: X.org 1.17.1 drivers: intel (unloaded: fbdev,vesa)
tty size: 201x39 Advanced Data: N/A for root
Audio: Card-1 Intel Wildcat Point-LP High Definition Audio Controller driver: snd_hda_intel
Card-2 Intel Broadwell-U Audio Controller driver: snd_hda_intel
Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture v: k4.4.0-124-generic
Network: Card-1: Intel Wireless 3160 driver: iwlwifi
IF: wlan0 state: down mac:
Card-2: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller driver: r8169
IF: eth0 state: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full mac:
Drives: HDD Total Size: 4250.8GB (17.4% used) ID-1: /dev/sda model: Samsung_SSD_850 size: 250.1GB
ID-2: USB /dev/sdb model: My_Passport_25E2 size: 4000.8GB
Partition: ID-1: / size: 214G used: 200G (99%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda1
ID-2: swap-1 size: 17.00GB used: 0.56GB (3%) fs: swap dev: /dev/sda5
RAID: No RAID devices: /proc/mdstat, md_mod kernel module present
Sensors: System Temperatures: cpu: 53.0C mobo: 27.8C
Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: N/A
Info: Processes: 294 Uptime: 41 days Memory: 6087.5/15875.4MB Client: Shell (bash) inxi: 2.2.28

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
Cannot cut the rope (in church) with the dagger from inventory...
"Could be the solution but it isnt"
I think this is when you do it on the rope with the key. Go to the other side of the church were a nun is adjusting here stockings -- go to the Discord channel to read the whole story behind that, it is happened in real live :) -- and cut the thin rope there...

Reactions: 50996

Oct 28, 2017
I think this is when you do it on the rope with the key. Go to the other side of the church were a nun is adjusting here stockings -- go to the Discord channel to read the whole story behind that, it is happened in real live :) -- and cut the thin rope there...
Oh im so stupid. ;-)
My eyes were on the nun only.
Thank you very much.

Reactions: Blup Blup

jsbb9999

Modder
Sep 7, 2017
Played non-stop from 0 to 0.22 version content.
The game has so much potential. And its actually pretty fun to play.

some of the plot disappoint me:
e.g.
- long waited Maria/Gloria ended up with awesome setup and yet failed deliver satisfaction to my taste.
would've been a lot more interesting if Gloria and maybe Heidi were actually involved in the act instead of just watching/cheering/supevising. a little weak there imho.

- the house of doll was all propaganda.
a lot of hype, but pretty much NO ACTION for the MC. it's sad

- the mini-games are ... annoying (again my opinion).
good thing some of them are pass-able (such as auto resolve for the puzzle)

-
hopefully we get to see more content re-vamp or continued to do the setups justice.

Go GO Devs!!

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
i Don't think this is libpng related.
Me neither. But I gave that as an example that the code of the Linux player isn't well maintained.

The inxi output doesn't show your Linux distruvtion. It seems that you must give an -S to show that information.

Code:
$ inxi -S
System:    Host: xxx Kernel: 4.9.0-6-amd64 x86_64 (64 bit)
           Desktop: Gnome 3.22.3 Distro: Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
the house of doll was all propaganda.
a lot of hype, but pretty much NO ACTION for the MC. it's sad
Hmm, It seems that you have missed a lot :) Please see my walkthrough -- link to latest in signature -- for all unlockable content. And be aware that episode 22 added content to the doll house. This doll house isn't far from finished :)

jsbb9999

Modder
Sep 7, 2017
Me neither. But I gave that as an example that the code of the Linux player isn't well maintained.

The inxi output doesn't show your Linux distruvtion. It seems that you must give an -S to show that information.

Code:
$ inxi -S
System:    Host: xxx Kernel: 4.9.0-6-amd64 x86_64 (64 bit)
           Desktop: Gnome 3.22.3 Distro: Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)
# inxi
System: Kernel: 4.4.0-124-generic x86_64 (64 bit) Desktop: MATE 1.12.0 Distro: Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa

the first line, its Linux Mint Mate 17.3

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
the first line, its Linux Mint Mate 17.3
:oops: didin't read the complete line :) Ok, Linux Mint is a Debian derivative so it could still be a Debian specific problem. Lets see if someone has the problem with a completely different Linux distribution. Or even better Windows or macOS :)

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
Have look how much other popular games have pages. This game is great, I like models & animations but to reach there we need to discuss more :D
I stopped reading the pages of very popular games. 90% there is repeatedly asking the same questions or pages off-topic. Overhere we have questions asked over and over again, but to a lesser degree. And also way less off topic. If popular is based purely on the amount of messages then that is a very stupid measurement. I can spam this thread easily to 1.000 pages...

maxlucky

May 14, 2017
great...no, amazing game, but for me there are something visually special in gameplay, pictures on the walls.
Well... "Nima Splita do Splita".:extremelyhappy:

fossill

Dec 6, 2017
Hello,
I stuck on "Spent some quality time...." Whatever I do I cannot change the hint. That is why game is not continue. How can I solve that any ideas?

4.40 star(s) 113 Votes