goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Can't seem to find someone else with this issue... but Mac ver. 0.27 won't open. All it says is that the file cannot be opened.
I have the same problem. Luckily, the fix is pretty easy.

Run Terminal
cd to the directory with the willy d app
cd into the app
cd Contents/MacOS
chmod +x Visionaire\ Player

Something goofed up the execute permission on the app's executable.

Belnick

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2018
why is it zipped in a zip? why not just upload full size ? got corrupted zip after 10h download :eek:
think error is caused because it compressed way to much ?

BigEffinPerv

Sep 22, 2017
For some reason, I can't seem to move the tiles on the rock puzzle. Has anyone had this bug ? Was it solved in some way ?

ThanatosX

Jan 21, 2017
I got a header error unpacking the zip with 7zip, still seemed to work ok though. Hit the mega limit for the first time downloading in a 3 parter, will have to torrent it next time.

Todd Stewart

Jun 13, 2017

Run Terminal
cd into the app
cd Contents/MacOS

Thank you very much man this helped me out as well

Reactions: Blup Blup

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
seriously need a shrinked version
See a few pages back were I explain why this isn't going to happen. Short version: animation (so lots of files) and encryption (headers)

For some reason, I can't seem to move the tiles on the rock puzzle. Has anyone had this bug ? Was it solved in some way ?
Can you upload a savegame at this point? Never had problems here. Read my walkthrough -- link to latest in my signature below -- on how to use the cheat so you won't have to solve the puzzle

I got a header error unpacking the zip with 7zip, still seemed to work ok though.
Please check that you're using the latest 7zip. It seems that the archive uses some tricks not available in older versions.

Reactions: bas

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Need some help.. As ive never used the update download is it a simple task of running the file and updates to teh last game folder i have which is vs26 ? or is it better to download the whole game?

Then every time i get latest update and uses the devs save files it appears ive missed some action. Is it better to restart the game from scratch now and catch up to where we are?

I know that once you've done whatever the latest update of the main story is there are other side quests that you can do however ive never been successful or had the time to do them.What im asking is whats the best way to play this game seeing as one's save files do not work with every update.

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
Need some help.. As ive never used the update download is it a simple task of running the file and updates to teh last game folder i have which is vs26 ? or is it better to download the whole game?
The v026 to v027 patch is made against the v026 fixed version. So if you didn't apply the fix the patch system raises an error and if you continue you will end up with a broken game. The patch is simple for people who can follow the instructions. See the OP for the one appropriate for your OS.

Then every time i get latest update and uses the devs save files it appears ive missed some action. Is it better to restart the game from scratch now and catch up to where we are?
The savegame represents how Nenad is playing. And because part is open world that could be different then when you finished the previous version. If you really want to see everything I highly recommend to start with a new game and finish that to the end. See my walkthrough -- link to latest in my signature below -- especially on the Open world episode so you don't miss anything. After that you can play a few times just the latest episode...

I know that once you've done whatever the latest update of the main story is there are other side quests that you can do however ive never been successful or had the time to do them.What im asking is whats the best way to play this game seeing as one's save files do not work with every update.
See above. In v025 I rewrote the walkthrough. Now you can use it in two ways: main adventure and then all the side quest in the open world part or -- and that is how I like to do it -- the main adventure and were possible do parts of the side quest were it is most efficient.

If you don't like spoilers I recommend to use my walkthrough in a third way. Check were an episode ends and then play it without looking. Afterwards read that episode to check you didn't miss anything. Then see were the next episode ends and repeat. That way you can still discover things on your own and sure that you didn't miss anything. There are certain scenes which can't be repeated so this procedure makes sure that this isn't going to happen...

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
If i recall youve helped me before so apologies for asking again. I think yes ill restart and use your WT... Thx Blup

The v026 to v027 patch is made against the v026 fixed version. So if you didn't apply the fix the patch system raises an error and if you continue you will end up with a broken game. The patch is simple for people who can follow the instructions. See the OP for the one appropriate for your OS.

The savegame represents how Nenad is playing. And because part is open world that could be different then when you finished the previous version. If you really want to see everything I highly recommend to start with a new game and finish that to the end. See my walkthrough -- link to latest in my signature below -- especially on the Open world episode so you don't miss anything. After that you can play a few times just the latest episode...

See above. In v025 I rewrote the walkthrough. Now you can use it in two ways: main adventure and then all the side quest in the open world part or -- and that is how I like to do it -- the main adventure and were possible do parts of the side quest were it is most efficient.

If you don't like spoilers I recommend to use my walkthrough in a third way. Check were an episode ends and then play it without looking. Afterwards read that episode to check you didn't miss anything. Then see were the next episode ends and repeat. That way you can still discover things on your own and sure that you didn't miss anything. There are certain scenes which can't be repeated so this procedure makes sure that this isn't going to happen...
[/QUOTE]

Sundance0611

Jul 22, 2017

Run Terminal
cd into the app
cd Contents/MacOS

Hey - for someone who has never used terminal... how exactly is this done - thanks

ispencomnar

Oct 29, 2017

I download the game and in the beginning has error '' This app has requested the Runtime it in an unusual way''. I up the pic ? How can I fix this problem ? I download from torrent file. thanks

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
in the beginning has error '' This app has requested the Runtime it in an unusual way''
Thanks Microsoft for this very useful error message. In essence it says "There is an error in our product but for solving that you must ask the developer who uses our code". Sigh...

The only suggestion I have is checking that you are using the latest Visual C++ runtime. See the link to the FAQ in my signature below were you can download that. I'm not sure, but I think the Visionaire engine is still 32 bits so install that version even if your Windows is 64 bits. I don't know how you can check if a Windows binary is 32 or 64 bits. In Linux that is easy through the file command:

Code:
$ file visplayer
visplayer: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2, for GNU/Linux 2.6.18, BuildID[sha1]=bd96fc61cd13d2e170ef2a9bb0451db481bf8c83, not stripped
So the Linux version is 64 bits, but that is not a real surprise because distributions were using that almost from the beginning when the processors were introduced. Windows did take a lot longer. There are still 32 bits Windows 7 version out there. Never used Windows 10 so I'm not sure if there was a 32 bit version...

Edit:
shows how you can check an application. The third one doesn't need it running so it is kind of the file command on Linux. At the moment I don't have a Windows running so I can't check it for you. Anyway you need the 32 or 64 bits version of the runtime depending on waht version the Visionaire executable of this game says.

Edit 2:
Found a Windows 7 (64 bits) Virtual machine and just checked the .exe according to the above article and it is definitely 32 bits (Windows 95 compatibility possible)

Shades19

Jun 8, 2017
@ Blup Blup, the most contributive member of the game

Who's your favourite girl?
Who's your least favourite girl?
Which sex scene was your favourite?
Which dialogue did you enjoy the most?
Were you disappointed by any thing in this game?
What would you like to see moving forward from the creator Nenad?

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
* Who's your favourite girl?
I think the kind of nerdy Dee Dee. But most of the girls in this game have something I like so it is hard to make a real decision...

* Who's your least favourite girl?

Also hard to answer. I like the variety :) May be Fiona?

* Which sex scene was your favourite?

I like the out of normal ones because those aren't in most games. For example the scene with Stella were Willy does something really dirty. Or the one with Jade to get more dolls :)

* Which dialogue did you enjoy the most?

I like the dialogues were Willy's dick chimes in the most. It shows the internal conflicts about what Willy is going to do...

* Were you disappointed by any thing in this game?

Not yet.

* What would you like to see moving forward from the creator Nenad?

I've seen games were developers listen too much to players and those games are going most of the time to rubbish. I like the surprise Nenad gives with each new update. I hope he keeps on doing his own thing and only fixes the bugs we find.

kolobezka

Apr 13, 2018
Hey - for someone who has never used terminal... how exactly is this done - thanks
Easy money..
(copied from discord)
1. Drag "Adventures of Willy D 0.27" onto "Terminal icon" and drop it
2. Terminal should be opened inside of "Adventures of Willy D 0.27.app"
3. Type (paste): chmod +x Contents/MacOS/Visionaire\ Player
I'm not MacOS user, so I hope that's how stuff works there

Next version of updater would make this automatically.

Also, MacOS users would have problems with black screen after start. You have to edit config to "windowed mode", then run the game and move with window slightly. It's some weird Visionaire studio bug.

4.40 star(s) 113 Votes