kolobezka

Apr 13, 2018
@kolobezka @Blup Blup @Nenad A.
Here is a Mac player suitable for Willy D:

I took the Mac version of 0.27, stripped out the Resources directory, and recreated it as a symlink to ../.. . It's 12 megs zipped, 31 megs unzipped.

To use it drop it into the Windows installation, next to Adventures Of Willy D 0.27.exe. It uses the directory that it's in as the Resources directory, so can find config.ini and the .vis file. I tried it out and it launched fine.

It's using Visionaire Player 5.0.7. Nenad, if you change the player, this will need to change too. It's very easy - it took me less than a minute.
Instructions to make it (should work on Linux too):
  1. cd to <app>/Contents
  2. rm -rf Resources
  3. ln -s ../.. Resources

As long as the player version doesn't change, this should work with any new release. Possibly with any Windows version of a Visionaire game.
Nice, thanks for it. It looks good, i have tested windows/linux player interchangeablity, but I don't have working MacOS machine, just Virtualbox. Your player should be compatible with any windows/linux game using this version of Player. Thank you!

44Tom

Oct 19, 2018
Does anyone know if there are any plans to expand the story line with miss Skye's mother - Valerie?
I would really like to see Willy get some action with her.

kolobezka

Apr 13, 2018
I don't know anything about a __MACOSX folder. In the app there's a folder MacOS that has the actual player executable.
Hmm, maybe it's just MacOS metadata to preview archive faster.
Code:
$ zipinfo -l mac\ player.app.zip                                                                                                                                      
Archive:  mac player.app.zip
Zip file size: 12612417 bytes, number of entries: 22
drwxr-xr-x  2.1 unx        0 bx        0 stor 18-Nov-07 04:23 mac player.app/
drwxr-xr-x  2.1 unx        0 bx        0 stor 18-Nov-07 04:23 mac player.app/Contents/
<snip>
-rwxr-xr-x  2.1 unx 15386976 bX  5657046 defN 18-Oct-05 06:21 mac player.app/Contents/MacOS/Visionaire Player
-rw-r--r--  2.1 unx        8 bX        8 defN 18-Oct-05 06:21 mac player.app/Contents/PkgInfo
lrwxr-xr-x  2.1 unx        5 b-        5 stor 18-Nov-06 21:23 mac player.app/Contents/Resources
-rw-r--r--  2.1 unx        0 bx        0 stor 18-Nov-07 04:23 mac player.app/Icon^M
drwxrwxr-x  2.1 unx        0 bx        0 stor 18-Nov-07 05:10 __MACOSX/
drwxrwxr-x  2.1 unx        0 bx        0 stor 18-Nov-07 05:10 __MACOSX/mac player.app/
-rw-r--r--  2.1 unx   247342 bX   199324 defN 18-Nov-07 04:23 __MACOSX/mac player.app/._Icon^M
-rw-r--r--  2.1 unx      120 bX       50 defN 18-Nov-07 04:23 __MACOSX/._mac player.app
22 files, 31099048 bytes uncompressed, 12608241 bytes compressed:  59.5%
Another interesting thing is Icon name containing ^M, which is Linefeed character AFAIK.

Is there an updated Discord link? The one on Patreon is broken.
I have notified Nenad about this, I'm not sure if I'm permitted to share link here.

Any news when the next update is expected?
Updates are coming every 3 weeks approx, can't remember last release date, but yesterday Nenad said, that everything from rendering stuff is done, now he needs to code, build, test and make saves. Please note, that this could take more time than usual, he had to setup new PC not everything may work at first try.

kolobezka

Apr 13, 2018
I've followed the walkthrough but till 0.15 ver i still cant find diane sleeping in her bedroom. what can i do now?
This is known bug of 0.27 version, in real, dianne is here but not showing. So if you could imagine her lying there, you can continue, later scenes are not affected :)

Or just wait for 0.28

Reactions: supermannnnn
L

leetitoldu

i like this game, im fine with nerd-mustache MC but why when Willy is ~30 yo his mother and mother in low look younger/same age as him. This is retarded.

Nenad A.

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2018
I don't know anything about a __MACOSX folder. In the app there's a folder MacOS that has the actual player executable.
I think you should join my discord so we can discuss things there. I asked vis devs can we download players only but no answer. In version 4xx we could do that, not anymore. So what I can do is just click "build macOs game" and those files of players are from what I could see now inside base of engine code somewhere. So it's easier to extract player from game build I guess. But please consider joining my discord, it is free for anyone and no need for any verification :)

4.40 star(s) 113 Votes