frond

Donor
Oct 2, 2017
I just downloaded the 0.27-->0.28 update and savegame executables for Windows but they're prompting for administrator access when you run them. Why would they need system level administrator access? Shouldn't they just be extracting files to the current folder? I've always extracted and run the full game without admin access so it seems fishy that the update and savegame files should be prompting for it.

revista

May 29, 2017
It's in Erohide, in the house of the left... inside her room. It's the girl you "teach" about sex.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Hello guys , have any 0.28 walkthrough ?
You're kidding?! An Info is like always in the OP and for ages ingame over the fish in willys bedroom accessible.
I just downloaded the 0.27-->0.28 update and savegame executables for Windows but they're prompting for administrator access when you run them. ....
Both? Didn have this, however i run it over WINE. Probably only some bad setting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blup Blup

rkiowa

Jul 20, 2017
Mac Version 2.8 fresh download opens only a black screen. I hear music, but the screen is black and I can't do anything. :-(

Last edited:

kolobezka

Apr 13, 2018
I just downloaded the 0.27-->0.28 update and savegame executables for Windows but they're prompting for administrator access when you run them. Why would they need system level administrator access? Shouldn't they just be extracting files to the current folder? I've always extracted and run the full game without admin access so it seems fishy that the update and savegame files should be prompting for it.
Nothing fishy really happens there, but as users extracted game to various locations (probbably hiding game somewhere from family members), patcher had problems with windows privileges, so this was the easiest way to do it. Patch is not just extracting to some directory, it's also verifying integrity of app data and binary patching (just replacing small fragments of changed files to reduce it's size) - which has nothing to do with windows UAC, but it makes whole process a little bit more complex. You can extract patcher structure manually and then run batch script patcher.bat manually.

kolobezka

Apr 13, 2018
You're kidding?! An Info is like always in the OP and for ages ingame over the fish in willys bedroom accessible.
Both? Didn have this, however i run it over WINE. Probably only some bad setting.
In windows version, it was for like from first "stable" version of patcher, with no misstake but weird windows permission behaviour.

Why do you run windows version in wine? Wine's cmd is not 100% compatible with batch script (I have developped patcher under linux) and it was pain in the ass to make it at least workably compatible with wine.

You could use .shar version of updater, which does exactly the same but in native bash... I'd also recommend downloading lp_28.tar from @Blup Blup , as it's native linux binary and work much better than wine...

kolobezka

Apr 13, 2018
Mac Version 2.8 fresh download opens only a black screen. I hear music, but the screen is black and I can't do anything. :-(
It's new Visionaire Studio bug. Are you playing in windowed mode? If no, I'd recommend switching to windowed mode (editing config.ini), in linux, we have it in ~/.locah/share/Adventures Of Willy D <version>, mac would have similar.

If problem persists, just try to move with window and it should start working. Weird, but happens to some MacOS versions, dunno why,

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
however i run it over WINE
Why? In the walkthrough folder -- see link in my signature -- you can download a lp_vXXX.zip -- lp stands for Linux player -- which contains the Visionaire native Linux game engine. This converts the Windows version to a native Linux version. See the readme.txt on how it works. I've never managed to get the v5 Windows engine to play in Wine because it switches to DirectX 11 which is not fully implemented yet. The Linux engine of Visionaire works great. On my machine only in windowed mode, but that is waht I need anyway for writing the walkthrough. As said all is explained in the readme...

Reactions: cold_arctus

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
There is no way to do so
Technically it is possible to do a CG rip. I've explained how to do this months ago in this thread. It is however not easy and in the end you get lots of webp files per animation. Also everything is in layers so even with all the separate files you must recreate the scenes yourself to get something which looks like the game itself. It can be done, but it is not worth the time. Which is a slightly different answer than yours, but with the same conclusion :)

I can't find Isabel in her room (ver.28), where is she?
Go to aunt Leonara's house in Minoratown. Her bedroom is at the right of the living room. See my walkthrough -- link to latest in my signature below -- for more information...

Reactions: LP83

kolobezka

Apr 13, 2018
Good work. But please remove the alternative save game section. Those are now -- and a long time already -- old saves :)
I was thinking about that, but I didn't know if I could, so I left it there. I'll probbably remove it for 0.29, we could make another edits for OP too, but it has to comply f95 OP rules.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
@kolobezka
No problem and thanks.
Why? In the walkthrough folder -- see link in my signature -- you can download a lp_vXXX.zip -- lp stands for Linux player ...
I didn't look for it or ignored it because it runs smoth and without glitch in WINE for me. Anyway thanks for the reminder and the long and friendly explanation. I will try it sometime.

Greets

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
I can't get in to run in Wine. The old v4 engine worked, the v5 not. The reason is DirectX 11. I'm using Debian and I know that it has some older versions which seems to be important for Wine if it must use DirectX 11. I still want to try that, but it is difficult to create a test in my current setup. Plus that I don't want to mess up my working installation. I'm glad that the Linux v5 engine works, although it has also some quirks. But if something works, I know that there is no reason to break it :) But I also know that people here sometimes read these kind of things and then think that they must use Wine...

4.40 star(s) 113 Votes