Charon XXX

Jun 1, 2019
[QUOTE = "JKH18, Post: 5359165, Member: 383010"]
Why post the 0.52 update in the op at all, and with no mention of the updating process being so messed up it's more likely to screw up the game than actually update it? This game is such a finnicky chore to download with the game size being trillion gigabytes to begin with, and the updating process being a complete dice roll whether it's actually going to work, that I'm honestly starting to wonder if the dev has ever even tried to optimize this mess in any way.
[/QUOTE]
Don't blame your inability on others, if you don't know and don't understand, then go play in the park. I hate fools.

Last edited:

Enot1964

May 20, 2019
Why post the 0.52 update in the op at all, and with no mention of the updating process being so messed up it's more likely to screw up the game than actually update it? This game is such a finnicky chore to download with the game size being trillion gigabytes to begin with, and the updating process being a complete dice roll whether it's actually going to work, that I'm honestly starting to wonder if the dev has ever even tried to optimize this mess in any way.
You can look for full version of 0.52 on torrent trackers. In my case it took about 25 min. to download entire game.

JKH18

Jan 16, 2018
You can look for full version of 0.52 on torrent trackers. In my case it took about 25 min. to download entire game.
Alrighty, I'll give that a try. At least it'll save me from faffing around with multi part downloads and all the extra hassle of trying to get the update working.

JKH18

Jan 16, 2018
[QUOTE = "JKH18, příspěvek: 5359165, člen: 383010"]
Proč vůbec zveřejňovat aktualizaci 0.52 v operačním systému a bez zmínky o tom, že proces aktualizace je tak zkažený, je pravděpodobnější, že hru pokazíte, než ji ve skutečnosti aktualizujete? Tato hra je taková finnická fuška ke stažení, přičemž velikost hry je od začátku bilion gigabajtů a proces aktualizace je kompletní hra s kostkami, ať už to skutečně bude fungovat, že upřímně začínám uvažovat, jestli vývojář vůbec někdy pokusil se tento nepořádek jakýmkoli způsobem optimalizovat.
[/CITÁT]
Neobviňujte svou neschopnost na ostatní, pokud nevíte a nerozumíte, pak si jděte zahrát do parku. Nesnáším blázny.
Yeah, I don't speak whatever language this is, and as I understand these are English language forums so you'd be better off switching to English.

Reactions: Enot1964

Enot1964

May 20, 2019
Yeah, I don't speak whatever language this is, and as I understand these are English language forums so you'd be better off switching to English.
Don't pay attention on trolls, it's the usual sample of hate speech. It's Czech language.

STet

Apr 17, 2020
In principle, updating the game using an updater is not difficult. In a nutshell: download the updater - run - wait. It's all. I think, since the developer mentioned that v1.0 will be on a 64-bit engine, you won't get off with a simple update, everyone will have to download the full game.

STet

Apr 17, 2020
Alrighty, I'll give that a try. At least it'll save me from faffing around with multi part downloads and all the extra hassle of trying to get the update working.
Splitting the game archive into several parts is a necessary measure, not a whim of the developer. There is a limitation on the file size on file exchangers (2-4GB), so you have to create a multivolume archive with a volume size that fits into these frames (game size 20+ GB). The fact that you don't know what a multivolume archive is - it doesn't matter, search Google or read the posts here, it has existed for more than a dozen years and there is enough information. But the fact that you raise a squeal "I don't know, I don't know how, everything is complicated" without trying to understand the issue, speaks of your limitations. Forget about PC, don't strain your brain, this is not for you. Continue to drag your finger across the display and don't think about anything. Google and Apple will think for you, and install everything for you themselves - they know better what you need.
P.S. Yes, and the 7-part archive is a complete game, not an updater. The updater is about 1GB in size and is a regular ".exe" file. In order not to bother with 7 parts, there is a link to a whole archive, but this link is a torrent. I'm afraid to guess how much emotion the word "torrent" will cause.

Last edited:
Reactions: V-red

Pony0987

Jul 31, 2020
stuck at the beginning. i cant drop the car key from the inventory to the car. dont know what to do. the key doenst move an inch form tne inventory

Sry to write again. I looked into the walkthrough but i still dont get it how to move the objects from my inventory. Drag and drop isnt working. I am still stuck at the car because i cant use the key. Please help a dump man in need

STet

Apr 17, 2020
Sry to write again. I looked into the walkthrough but i still dont get it how to move the objects from my inventory. Drag and drop isnt working. I am still stuck at the car because i cant use the key. Please help a dump man in need
I understood what the essence of your problem is. To drag an item, you first need to left-click on it, and then drag.

Last edited:

Pony0987

Jul 31, 2020
i dont get it. i open the inventory with "i" and it appreas above him. But when i try to left-click the item he is just walking to the direction but i cant drag it. I am pretty sure i am overseeing something but i dont get it :(

STet

Apr 17, 2020
i dont get it. i open the inventory with "i" and it appreas above him. But when i try to left-click the item he is just walking to the direction but i cant drag it. I am pretty sure i am overseeing something but i dont get it :(
Try starting the game again after deleting the "config" file from the "... AppData \ Local \ Adventures of Willy D 052" folder. Also try changing the "fullscreen/windowed" setting in the menu. Apparently you have problems with the game: items in your inventory should be displayed on a black bar.
AOWD_2021-03-20_18h-12m-41s.png
And sometimes it is more convenient not to press "i", but simply to raise the cursor to the top edge of the screen.

Last edited:

JKH18

Jan 16, 2018
Splitting the game archive into several parts is a necessary measure, not a whim of the developer. There is a limitation on the file size on file exchangers (2-4GB), so you have to create a multivolume archive with a volume size that fits into these frames (game size 20+ GB). The fact that you don't know what a multivolume archive is - it doesn't matter, search Google or read the posts here, it has existed for more than a dozen years and there is enough information. But the fact that you raise a squeal "I don't know, I don't know how, everything is complicated" without trying to understand the issue, speaks of your limitations. Forget about PC, don't strain your brain, this is not for you. Continue to drag your finger across the display and don't think about anything. Google and Apple will think for you, and install everything for you themselves - they know better what you need.
P.S. Yes, and the 7-part archive is a complete game, not an updater. The updater is about 1GB in size and is a regular ".exe" file. In order not to bother with 7 parts, there is a link to a whole archive, but this link is a torrent. I'm afraid to guess how much emotion the word "torrent" will cause.
I know that irony doesn't travel well over the internet, especially in the form of text but there seems to be a shitload more lost in translation here. :D I do know what a "multivolume archive" is, my whole point was that I can't understand how the game has bloated to the over 20gb size it is, and that makes it not only a chore to download compared to the vast majority of games on here but also makes me wonder whether there's even been an attempt to optimize the game. "I raise a squeal" :D Ffs. I "raise a squeal" because to me nothing actually in the game would straight up justify the ridiculous size, especially since there are plenty of examples out there comparable in content amount and animations that have been optimized to a fraction of the size of this game, so it must be some monstrosity of a custom engine that doesn't allow for proper optimization that's the issue here.

Now, here's a few handy tips for your future interactions over the internet:
1. Don't take everything literally.
2. If you try to insult someone's intelligence, make damn sure you don't come off as an infantile asshole like in this case.
3. Even if someone "raises a squeal" :D, you jumping on to whiteknight your fav dev with this bullshit while actually having the
gall to try and accuse me of "being emotional" makes you look even more of an idiot than you are. :D

Fyi, I downloaded the 0.51 torrent, and since I've got to start a fresh playthrough any ways, I'll just skip the update to 0.52 and get the next release whenever that comes out.

"Raise a squeal", ffs laughed so hard coffee came out of my nose, but it was worth it. :D

Ciberdrone

Jan 3, 2018
Does anyone know how to extract animations from this game like the ones in the op? And are the animation from that link updated?

STet

Apr 17, 2020
I know that irony doesn't travel well over the internet, especially in the form of text but there seems to be a shitload more lost in translation here. :D I do know what a "multivolume archive" is, my whole point was that I can't understand how the game has bloated to the over 20gb size it is, and that makes it not only a chore to download compared to the vast majority of games on here but also makes me wonder whether there's even been an attempt to optimize the game. "I raise a squeal" :D Ffs. I "raise a squeal" because to me nothing actually in the game would straight up justify the ridiculous size, especially since there are plenty of examples out there comparable in content amount and animations that have been optimized to a fraction of the size of this game, so it must be some monstrosity of a custom engine that doesn't allow for proper optimization that's the issue here.

Now, here's a few handy tips for your future interactions over the internet:
1. Don't take everything literally.
2. If you try to insult someone's intelligence, make damn sure you don't come off as an infantile asshole like in this case.
3. Even if someone "raises a squeal" :D, you jumping on to whiteknight your fav dev with this bullshit while actually having the
gall to try and accuse me of "being emotional" makes you look even more of an idiot than you are. :D

Fyi, I downloaded the 0.51 torrent, and since I've got to start a fresh playthrough any ways, I'll just skip the update to 0.52 and get the next release whenever that comes out.

"Raise a squeal", ffs laughed so hard coffee came out of my nose, but it was worth it. :D
I agree that the Internet is very bad at conveying irony. There is no irony in the post to which I appealed, and there is not even sarcasm, but there is shit pouring on the game without trying to figure it out. It is very easy to update the game by running the update file weighing about 1GB. But with saves - yes, it's not good at all (although I say this, and there was no word about it), dev knows about this and tried to fix it, contrary to the engine, what his messages were about in this thread. As for the size, I can say that there is hardly a game comparable to this one in terms of the number/quality of animations.
Although I am not a fanatical fan of this game, I could not miss the mostly undeserved attacks on it. You should not lump everything together without even trying to delve into the "complexity".
You can leave the last word for yourself, you are not interesting to me.
P.S. Your advice, can you guess where to insert yourself?

JKH18

Jan 16, 2018
I agree that the Internet is very bad at conveying irony. There is no irony in the post to which I appealed, and there is not even sarcasm, but there is shit pouring on the game without trying to figure it out. It is very easy to update the game by running the update file weighing about 1GB. But with saves - yes, it's not good at all (although I say this, and there was no word about it), dev knows about this and tried to fix it, contrary to the engine, what his messages were about in this thread. As for the size, I can say that there is hardly a game comparable to this one in terms of the number/quality of animations.
Although I am not a fanatical fan of this game, I could not miss the mostly undeserved attacks on it. You should not lump everything together without even trying to delve into the "complexity".
You can leave the last word for yourself, you are not interesting to me.
P.S. Your advice, can you guess where to insert yourself?
"Can you guess where to insert yourself". Ffs, it's like arguing with Borat :D Obviously, you're too fucking inept to understand nuance so I'll not waste my time in trying to convey that. But my criticism was and still is: The updater and its use wouldn't be a problem to anyone, if it actually worked as advertised but it doesn't. The overall size of the game in comparison to quality and content is just seems bloated which led me to believe that either the engine doesn't allow for optimization or the dev hasn't been interested in doing it.

Jack_Raf

Sep 28, 2020
Does anyone have a clue about this error ? Game keeps crashing after a minute into the game, I also tried closing all Chrome tabs but nothing changes.

Crash_Error.png

Enot1964

May 20, 2019
Does anyone have a clue about this error ? Game keeps crashing after a minute into the game, I also tried closing all Chrome tabs but nothing changes.

View attachment 1096548
Look here:
And try to reinstall your DirectX files. If you have SLI connection, disable it.
And more:

Reactions: Jack_Raf

Jack_Raf

Sep 28, 2020
Look here:
And try to reinstall your DirectX files. If you have SLI connection, disable it.
And more:

I tried everything suggested in both sites and nothing seems to work. I get that error when I change options (mute music) and then exit, otherwise it just crashes after a minute or so without a warning or any kind of feedback.

Even if I stay in the main menu and I don't click anything it just crashes.
I don't have SLI, DirectX files have been reinstalled, deleted the System Distribution folder.

4.40 star(s) 113 Votes