lannier

Jan 21, 2021
i can‘t find a lot npc,a lot room is empty ,my game has some problem ? or is game main story to do it?but i download save file and setup compelet,so could someone plesae help me?

craig johnston

Oct 17, 2018
Hi, I am trying to open the game (just downloaded without any previous installation) and there is no way to get it to work.
When I run it the text "Loading..." appears but then the whole screen is black only with the mouse icon (which I can move without problem), but everything is black and I can't do anything.

Does anyone know how to fix it?
Thanks in advance!
Heya mate, i am having the exact same problem! i asked the question on this thread a few days back and have not received any response or help, might have to look elsewhere, or play something else, although i recall this being a good game a few years back when i tried it! hope someone will chime in, and if you discover the answer please let me know!

Cheers

Nenad A.

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2018
Heya mate, i am having the exact same problem! i asked the question on this thread a few days back and have not received any response or help, might have to look elsewhere, or play something else, although i recall this being a good game a few years back when i tried it! hope someone will chime in, and if you discover the answer please let me know!

Cheers
Ok for start, game is now 64 bit only (not saying you don't have 64bit win just trying to tell you as much info as I can). You also need to extract game in proper way, so all rar files must be downloaded and placed in same folder then extract only part 1 and this way all other rars will be extracted automatically. Use either win rar or 76-zip for this. If you try to extract other parts 1 by one manually you will break the files of game. Then, you need to have Microsoft visual C++ 2012. My recommendation is to install both of them x64 and x86 as you will probably need them for other games/applications at some point. Also, be aware that even if you have them installed you maybe have some of those broken corrupted, so try checking if all OK with c++ or re-install them to latest version updates. Then another thing is, update windows and graphic drivers as well. If all this fail then you can seek message log that game creates and also dmp file if game creates it and send it to me so I can check what is going on there. Message log is in same folder as savegames so: C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Adventures of Willy Dickhard . You can drop message log and dmp file here or on my discord (it's free to join you don't need to be patreon to join) I will try my best to see what causes this issue. :)

STet

Apr 17, 2020
Nenad, starting with version 0.51, faced the problem of unpacking the archive of the game - errors during unpacking. It turns out to unzip without errors only after 3-4 attempts. I use licensed WinRAR 6.0.0 (x64), while unzipping the computer I do not load anything else. Tried 7Zip - still sadder. Many people face this problem. Maybe you started using a stronger squeeze?
P.S. I am using the Torrent link taken from Patreon, so everything is in order with the checksums.

Reactions: Charon XXX

Nenad A.

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2018
how can I solve the game error when the MC literally enters the mountain?
Right click on any exit will teleport Willy to next scene hold B to see where exit of scenes are, or turn on walk hack tool and that makes willy teleport with right click always (don't use this on npc as it will make willy go off way borders). To come back to wayborder just right click any object (like window, rock etc) that you can find on scene when hover with cursor.

Nenad A.

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2018
Nenad, starting with version 0.51, faced the problem of unpacking the archive of the game - errors during unpacking. It turns out to unzip without errors only after 3-4 attempts. I use licensed WinRAR 6.0.0 (x64), while unzipping the computer I do not load anything else. Tried 7Zip - still sadder. Many people face this problem. Maybe you started using a stronger squeeze?
P.S. I am using the Torrent link taken from Patreon, so everything is in order with the checksums.
No one reported this issue on my patreon and I also always download game and extract it on my pc to check is everything working... So I can't say what may cause this glitch... But doing anything on windows may invoke random glitches so who knows really... MAybe lack of memory or virtual memory as game is now super huge... I really can only guess...

Reactions: Charon XXX and STet

olololo1234

May 11, 2019
What are you talking about? Are you talking about the compressed version?
I downloaded the original v0.52 from Patreon and updated it to v1.0.0. The download took 20-25 minutes (took the torrent). There are no Zip archives inside RAR, although it was possible to unpack without errors only on the third attempt.
I mean Part 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 from the first page of this thread

STet

Apr 17, 2020
No one reported this issue on my patreon and I also always download game and extract it on my pc to check is everything working... So I can't say what may cause this glitch... But doing anything on windows may invoke random glitches so who knows really... MAybe lack of memory or virtual memory as game is now super huge... I really can only guess...
Thank you very much for your answer. There is nothing worse than looking for a black cat in a dark room, especially if it is not there.:)
Errors are reported in this thread. I myself first tried to increase the virtual memory, but it did not help. It seems to me that it helped me to increase the free space on the system SSD (there was only about 30GB of free space with a disk resource of 90%).

Nenad A.

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2018
Thank you very much for your answer. There is nothing worse than looking for a black cat in a dark room, especially if it is not there.:)
Errors are reported in this thread. I myself first tried to increase the virtual memory, but it did not help. It seems to me that it helped me to increase the free space on the system SSD (there was only about 30GB of free space with a disk resource of 90%).
Ahh there is your answer... When extracting things you need additional space for temp files :) I always use my D: disk for extracting big things as I always have at least 1TB free on D: disk/partition

Reactions: STet
4.40 star(s) 113 Votes