May 5, 2018
So I won't lie and say that the obvious declining interest in the game isn't discouraging. However I also won't lie and say that I don't realize the reason for it.

Since the first release I've received a lot of great feedback and constructive criticism. Patch 0.7 will be the final update to the game, as such I have made a few notes of areas I'd like to change and/or improve upon for my next game.

- More focus on the girls. Until now I've tended to put more focus on the MC and his story.
- While some people like the larger eyes, I realize that it's alienated a lot of people as well. In the end I don't think it was a good design choice.
- Sandbox be gone.
- Give the girls continuous roles throughout the story, rather than giving them one storyline each and then almost forgetting about them.
- More dialogue choices and player input.
- Spend more time on designing the characters.
- Don't create more work for myself by working on game elements that people don't care about. This may not directly improve the game, but I'll be able to work more effectively which I think will indirectly improve it.

Things that I believe have seen improvements later in the game, but are executed poorly enough at the start to deter a lot of people:

- Render quality. Early renders both have bad quality and poor lighting, I also had a tendency to keep the player on the same static image for way too long.
- Dialogue. Stop overexplaining and talking about pointless things. It's boring. Make dialogue less stale, let it flow more naturally.

Suggestions or comments are welcome. I can be reached by DM as well.

Edit: I made it sound like I'm abandoning the game. That's not the case. Next patch would've been the last one regardless of how it went.
Hey man, you gotta ask yourself if you believe making games/stories is an art. I see it a lot in the music industry where 'fans' will bash an artist for taking a new turn in their work. But music is obviously an art, and as such, it should be a reflection of the artists. Granted, there are artists that cater to their fans (i.e. Drake, T. Swift, and Nickelback from the top of my head) and make some decent hits, though some might find them to be shallow without much heart.

Point I'm trying to make is this is your work. You'll never be able to please everyone - only those who whine enough. I thought this entire game was outstanding. Animations, storyline, characters, voice actors (and I tend to hate voice actors on these games), sex scenes, game UI.

Remember, those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind.

May 5, 2018
Right from the trailer its obvious that this game has amazing production
But I get a feeling this is not primarily a sex game but a game with sex scenes in it, like witcher for example, it tells a fantasy story without skipping the eroticism
If this is in fact the case, I fear this game fails to stand out from the games it is directly compared to (not witcher obviously, this is a point and click story game, not a huge triple A rpg) because while its quality would make it a masterpiece as a full on sex game, its hardly anything special for a story game and has to compete with its setting and story alone, which are far more common, in every meaning of the word

But I havent played this game, maybe I got the wrong idea from the trailer and this is indeed more focused on sex than I thought, let me know
I'm amazed at how much you can criticize a game without even playing it.

Reactions: meliv and Gabbagul

FoxGirlLover

Dec 31, 2019
View attachment 1550944

Overview:
War grips the Northern Reaches of Castria as the Isenian Empire continues its invasion, and you stand in the middle of it. The leader of a renowned mercenary company, you find yourself forced to adapt to new situations after the company faces major changes. Take the fight to the Empire and meet a diverse cast of characters willing to aid you in their own ways, each with their own backgrounds and motivations. Loyalties will shift, blood will be spilled, and romances will be fought for.

View attachment 1514905
Thread Updated: 2022-04-23
Release Date: 2022-04-23
Developer: Classy Lemon - - -
Censored: No
Version: 1.0
Language: English
Voices: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Dev notes:
DOWNLOAD
Win: MEGA - - - PIXELDRAIN -
Linux: MEGA - - - PIXELDRAIN -
Mac: MEGA - - -
Android: MEGA - - -
Other:
COMPRESSED

Extras: SIGNATURE - SIGNATURE 2 - Gallery unlock - Walkthrough Mod - Ending Guide

*This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 1396016 View attachment 1396015 View attachment 1487132 View attachment 1396018 View attachment 1487129 View attachment 1487133 View attachment 1487128 View attachment 1412236 View attachment 1412237 View attachment 1487130 View attachment 1699594 View attachment 1699600 View attachment 1699596 View attachment 1699601 View attachment 1699599 View attachment 1699602
superb opening sequence

• Red Heart
Reactions: Classy Lemon

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
I keep meaning to try this one, it looks really good. Is there any more content planned, or is it totally done? Does it have music and sound?
Sexy sounds in the lewd scenes? :unsure:

sdawg1234

Dec 1, 2019
Bittersweet for me. There aren't many Middle Ages/Medieval games out there that get completed or tell good stories. This was one of the better ones and was actually finished, but I felt like there could've been more story to it or selfishly wanted more story because it's set in a theme I like. Not sure where the dev goes from here, but I'll look forward to any future projects. Thanks for the game.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Classy Lemon

Classy Lemon

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2021
I keep meaning to try this one, it looks really good. Is there any more content planned, or is it totally done? Does it have music and sound?
Sexy sounds in the lewd scenes? :unsure:
The game is completely finished. There's both music and sound effects as well as moaning during sex scenes by paid voice actors :)

Classy Lemon

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2021
It does have music and sounds, but they're absolutely awful and the worst I've ever heard in a VN.
The only good audio in this game is the great voice acting (only in cutscenes) - which is a stark contrast to the rest.
I don't remember much of the moaning sounds itself, but they were also much better than the usual Honey Select pig squealing.
You spend a lot of time here considering how much you hate it

Didn't I challenge you to a duel?

Guvell

Sep 5, 2021
Just ended my gameplay and man, what a great VN. It has everything: good world building, plot, characters, cut scenes... I was a bit taken aback by the design of the women (if I'm being honest it's not weird, it's just that the difference between men and women is kinda of jarring) but the game won me over for the reasons above.
I'll miss these characters and this world. That said I'm already anxious for the next project.

PS: you (dev) should totally put After the Inferno on steam. I would love to purchase the game and I believe it would increase the amount of fans of your work.

PS (2): pardon my engrish hahahaha

Last edited:

msleomac

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2019
After the Inferno [v1.0] [Classy Lemon] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC*: 2,81 GB / xxx MB - AfterTheInferno-1.0-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 2,77 GB / xxx MB - AfterTheInferno-1.0-mac-crunched.zip
= ~xx,x% of the original size, image/video quality 80%/60%

Download (PC*/Mac): Workupload - Pixeldrain - Gofile

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway!(y) Thanks!;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

Tools: UnRen v.0.12v2 (VepsrP/Sam@f95zone) - YAC v3.3 (hngg@f95zone) -
Will you be adding these links for lower quality too? Thought I might try the game before downloading HQ version

• Hey there
Reactions: "CJ"

Classy Lemon

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2021
Just ended my gameplay and man, what a great VN. It has everything: good world building, plot, characters, cut scenes... I was a bit taken aback by the design of the women (if I'm being honest it's not weird, it's just that the difference between men and women is kinda of jarring) but the game won me over for the reasons above.
I'll miss these characters and this world. That said I'm already anxious for the next project.

PS: you (dev) should totally put After the Inferno in the steam. I would love to purchase the game and I believe it would increase the amount of fans of your work.

PS (2): pardon my engrish hahahaha
I'm considering putting it on Steam but I'd probably make it free. The only thing hindering me is the 100$ deposit needed. Think it would be worth it?

41shadox

Feb 21, 2021
I just post here occasionally, when I see it on the new releases page, because I'm sadistic and gain sexual pleasure from seeing a game I didn't like fail to become a smash-hit.
And I don't hate the game - I just hate the audio.

I can't remember being challenged, because I don't know how to receive notifications from ignored threads.
As an edgelord, I gladly accept any duel though.
If it was half as bad as you say then more people would be talking about it. You're literally the only one who's mentioned it

Zolfried

May 31, 2017
question: is the "sandbox" tag here just that you have to click around the enviroment to pick up stuff and go from A to B, but are otherwise forced to follow the narrative?
Or is it sandbox like i can pick my own adventure. Choose which relationship/girl to pursue, but eventually able to get everything without any time constraint.or freely grind for money, xp, relationship points (if these are a thing in the game)

Because IMO sandbox usually reffers to the latter example.. but from trailer and screenshots, it looks like its the former example

Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
question: is the "sandbox" tag here just that you have to click around the enviroment to pick up stuff and go from A to B, but are otherwise forced to follow the narrative?
Or is it sandbox like i can pick my own adventure. Choose which relationship/girl to pursue, but eventually able to get everything without any time constraint.or freely grind for money, xp, relationship points (if these are a thing in the game)

Because IMO sandbox usually reffers to the latter example.. but from trailer and screenshots, it looks like its the former example
You have the 'sandbox' but the story is very linear. You have a hint system of sorts, so you know what you should be doing or can do. And there are very few places to actually go with the Sandbox... You can choose who to sleep with or not (Relationship points can matter at the end...), and there is no grind.
Play and enjoy the game - kinda rare to get Completed games on here that are this good. It is definitely worth it! :>)

trdx

Aug 10, 2018
I'm considering putting it on Steam but I'd probably make it free. The only thing hindering me is the 100$ deposit needed. Think it would be worth it?
Don't make it free, make it cheap. I think you might be surprised with the sales. Seeing your patron income, I think doubling the total income would not be out of the realms of possibility.

4.50 star(s) 126 Votes