Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
Among the many historical inaccuracies that comes with RPGs and the galaxy around them, one that really bothers me is the shield wearing with plate armours. That's just something that didn't happen. Well, outside joust, but in jousts shield where more of a designed target than a protection. The introdution of plate armors simply made shields reduntant and obsolete because they where just this good as armours. There was no need of shields and it was way more appealling to hold a weapon with 2 hands hoping to strike hard enough to get through plates or to just crush the bones underneat. The problem is people think that every armour was 'medieval', but plate armours are a very late technology, as late at the XV century, so much that they had to be soon redesigned to be bullet proof on a chest, since firearms were getting common already.

Reactions: WanderingJoe

obitus

Nov 22, 2020
Certainly, my initial thought after the MC witnessed Cressa in the middle of the night, either with the guard or the guy, always led me to believe that she was engaging in prostitution to earn money. I was mentally prepared for this possibility, but surprisingly, I didn't anticipate that it was actually a case of robbery.

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Certainly, my initial thought after the MC witnessed Cressa in the middle of the night, either with the guard or the guy, always led me to believe that she was engaging in prostitution to earn money. I was mentally prepared for this possibility, but surprisingly, I didn't anticipate that it was actually a case of robbery.
That might've been fun to see.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: obitus

shokoloko

Jul 20, 2023
I saw that and had to play, it blew my mind and love it. I hope for more from both games.
I don't think you can expect more from this game since it's supposed to be finished. ;)

I'm glad to hear this is good as well, as I just started playing this one though.

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
Original art-style is good, but the eyes are too jarring to look at. It's uncanny to see big eyes in anything other than anime. Also, it's weird to have character models with conflicting art-styles, MC looks normal but the females have big anime eyes.

This looks like it's got great production value, but sorry it's just not doing it for me. Wish you all the best dev. (y)
I noticed that too. I only just discovered this on steam, never even knew it existed. You can get it for free there, though I have no idea if it's the full version or not etc. But the eyes look far too big to me. The irises are also huge. I was surprised it was even an adult title to be honest. Voice acting and showing knights fighting or something, then near the end of the trailer on steam the adult scenes with a woman moaning away ;) I am going to give it a try tomorrow. I am still playing Naughty Road's Light of my life which the story is so enjoyable.

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
I noticed that too. I only just discovered this on steam, never even knew it existed. You can get it for free there, though I have no idea if it's the full version or not etc. But the eyes look far too big to me. The irises are also huge. I was surprised it was even an adult title to be honest. Voice acting and showing knights fighting or something, then near the end of the trailer on steam the adult scenes with a woman moaning away ;) I am going to give it a try tomorrow. I am still playing Naughty Road's Light of my life which the story is so enjoyable.
You'll not be disappointed this game is good with a good story and characters well developed, there are endings that will give you the feeling for more... Some of us hope for Classy Lemon continue the story, as there's more than enough material for that.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Neko-Chan Pacifica
Jan 16, 2019
I skipped this game few months ago because some characters felt ugly .but now i finished and fuck .it was a great game . Aymee especially were really pretty. i kinda feel bad that i skipped this game .it was really a fun game. i hope there will be a sequel

Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019

Regularus

Apr 2, 2019
It is a very good AVN, the story, writing and characters are great, not a surprise considering that's from the same author as the excellent Projekt Passion that is already a top AVN.

Though i didn't liked the women faces that mix realistic appearance with giant cartoony eyes, they are really not fitting with everything else in the visuals in my opinion, especially as men have realistic facial proportions (and correct eye sizes) , but that's the only weak point of After the Inferno.

But everything else is really good, notGeralt is a nice MC and that helps getting into the storytelling.

Baalzie

Aug 18, 2022
Among the many historical inaccuracies that comes with RPGs and the galaxy around them, one that really bothers me is the shield wearing with plate armours. That's just something that didn't happen. Well, outside joust, but in jousts shield where more of a designed target than a protection. The introdution of plate armors simply made shields reduntant and obsolete because they where just this good as armours. There was no need of shields and it was way more appealling to hold a weapon with 2 hands hoping to strike hard enough to get through plates or to just crush the bones underneat. The problem is people think that every armour was 'medieval', but plate armours are a very late technology, as late at the XV century, so much that they had to be soon redesigned to be bullet proof on a chest, since firearms were getting common already.
I think you need to do a LITTLE more research there mate.
You fell into a very common trap for people learning from Youtube historians: You get only part of the picture, since they themselves are not fully knowledgeable. (not saying YOU learned from Youtube, it's just very common nowadays)

Plenty of examples of full plate wearing, shield using fighters in set battles. (Granted it was not a common thing in EUROPE, but full armour isn't a European only thing). It's even a fact that the shields (some, in some places) got thicker in tandem with the armour. What you're stating as "a well known fact" is actually a well known misinterpretation by many scholars. Which happens when you confuse correlation with causation. And generalise worldwide usage from a smaller sample.

That said, in Europe (seeing as the armour you react to are of a "European style" 'ish) the development of better armour (up until firearms were more common when it reversed again and shields actually became more common again for a time) DID mean shield usage of said full plated armour equipped battle troops were less and less common, due to the need for using 2 handed weapons, such as mainly polearms. And the shield would hinder more than it would be of help. More cons than pros as it were.

Very common inaccuracy that really bothers me, in fact. The "not whole picture, state parts as absolute total fact" inaccuracy.

Reactions: Machete

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
Very common inaccuracy that really bothers me, in fact. The "not whole picture, state parts as absolute total fact" inaccuracy.
I agree with you that speaking in absolutes, when speaking about history, it's not a good idea. Sure we should contestualize what we intend as plate armour to begin with. Of course if we speak of europeans transitional armours, as per, about, the end of the 13th century to the late 14th sure shields where still in the pictures and armous could well be considered plate armours.

Let's say what RPG usually depict as plate armour are vast degrees of unlikely 15th century european full plates. Now i don't know if there were still some niche use of shields. I could picture them using some kind of pavese as a counterfirearm measure but i'm only guessing. Yet i'm pretty sure medieval shields where obsolete, bot because armour held pretty well by themselves and because you needed at that point 2 hands wealing to strike down another armored fighter or to use a polearm in an infantry formation.

What usually RPGs present though is a 15 century fighter with 12 centurish weaponry togheter with maybe some imperial roman sidearm or a 17th century rapier, and i honestly find this quite aggravating :D

r3ck5

Mar 19, 2017
Just got around to playing this after finishing what's currently available for Projekt: Passion and I gotta say.. I NEED MORE! A sequel once P: P is over would be neat. Or even if not a full-on sequel, at least a "dlc" to see what happens to the rival company with the MC's newfound powers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emelex
4.50 star(s) 126 Votes