4.30 star(s) 26 Votes

Cortaxe

Jan 3, 2018
This is just awesome. The best Character creator, i've seen yet! Playing around with the anatomy is really realisitc, great job, Dude! Looking forward to storyline ;) Have fun, creating! ;)

Reactions: MaxSDVXXXL

bl0021

Feb 9, 2022
save game
restart the game
black screen

close the game
delete AppData\Local\AfterpartyGame
launch the game
it's okay
Thank you. Finally, a solution that works for the black screen.
This proves the problem is not with our video cards, but with some setting in the game files. Unfortunately, this erases any saves.

Also,
1) There needs to be a way back to the character creator from the walk-around portion without starting a whole new game.
2) Any character height settings disappear as soon as I leave the character creator and start walking around in game.

Mindrem

Apr 12, 2023
I'm looking into this for the customization, how is the body modification in terms of belly stuff? Like can I make her chubby and have it jiggle, make her look preggo, etc. It looks pretty promising regardless though

bl0021

Feb 9, 2022
Thank you. Finally, a solution that works for the black screen.
This proves the problem is not with our video cards, but with some setting in the game files. Unfortunately, this erases any saves.

Also,
1) There needs to be a way back to the character creator from the walk-around portion without starting a whole new game.
2) Any character height settings disappear as soon as I leave the character creator and start walking around in game.
If anybody is having the Black Screen/Won't Restart problem, here is one solution:

Go into AppData\Local\AfterpartyGame\Saved and delete the file of the type "upipelinecache".
It is called something like "AfterpartyGame_PCD3D_SM6.upipelinecache".
Once you do this, the game will start running again. You don't have to delete your saves or anything else.
But you have to repeat this every time you run the game.

foible

Aug 29, 2017
I'm looking into this for the customization, how is the body modification in terms of belly stuff? Like can I make her chubby and have it jiggle, make her look preggo, etc. It looks pretty promising regardless though
It's not so big a d/l that you can't just try it yourself. But, not really. No preggo, yet anyway. But there are some sliders that you can use to make a person more chubby. Though I don't think there's jiggle physics, yet anyway.

Reactions: Mindrem

foible

Aug 29, 2017
in previous versions you could select a girl with a penis. now there is no such choice.
Well -- you're remembering it wrong. In the "Body" tab you can (and always could) select between a male or female character. And if you select a female one, you can then change her genitals in the "Anatomy" tab. This hasn't changed at all.
However, in previous versions there was better customization. 2.2 they took out the veins/slider, in 2.3 they took out shaft length. Now the max size penis is substantially smaller and veinless.

I'm also super-bummed that they seem to have gone to great lengths to prevent any kind of editing tomfoolery. Disabled console, fully encrypted saves that can't even be opened with saveeditonline, and can't find any of the variables with cheat engine.

The very first thing I like to do with games like this is find ways to make bizarre things happen. Two foot tall players, players with three foot dicks dangling between their legs, super skinny or fat. I just like to dick around with the physics outside the preset sliders.

Another edit: which just now reminded me, games that actually have height sliders often just shrink the overall model on a percent scale, so max height player vs min height player have drastically different size heads. Or it just mostly changes the length of the legs or torso, but not necessarily the arms. If you're gonna have sliders for SO many menial variables, at least leg/arm length variables too.

Last edited:

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
However, in previous versions there was better customization. 2.2 they took out the veins/slider, in 2.3 they took out shaft length. Now the max size penis is substantially smaller and veinless.

I'm also super-bummed that they seem to have gone to great lengths to prevent any kind of editing tomfoolery. Disabled console, fully encrypted saves that can't even be opened with saveeditonline, and can't find any of the variables with cheat engine.

The very first thing I like to do with games like this is find ways to make bizarre things happen. Two foot tall players, players with three foot dicks dangling between their legs, super skinny or fat. I just like to dick around with the physics outside the preset sliders.

Another edit: which just now reminded me, games that actually have height sliders often just shrink the overall model on a percent scale, so max height player vs min height player have drastically different size heads. Or it just mostly changes the length of the legs or torso, but not necessarily the arms. If you're gonna have sliders for SO many menial variables, at least leg/arm length variables too.
The shader code instruction count for character skin was getting quite high, so I did cut back on some options in order to reduce it. However I've since made other optimizations to it, so stuff like veins will be added back at some point.

As for why I removed the shaft length option, it's both technical and practical. At a technical level, the way I was doing shaft length sliders previously did not also position the bones to match. So you end up with a mesh that extends far beyond the range of the bones, which leads to other issues during animations and makes stuff like keeping the dick aligned during sex animations difficult. However I've learned a new workflow that does allow for the bone positions to change when a morph target is applied, but I have yet to implement it. It's doable though. This is the same reason there aren't arm/leg sliders; the bone positions wouldn't match, it requires extra work and time to make morphs that do change the bone positions. Scaling the bones isn't an option here, since I'm using deformer graphs to give the characters Dual Quaternion skinning for nice bending and the deformer graphs are incompatible with bone scaling, but that may change in the future since deformer graphs are still quite new.

Also I haven't done anything special or taken any special steps to ensure the game files can't be tampered with, I've simply used the .pak file option and compression in the packaging options, which may make it less readable by some third party tools compared to games that don't compress the files or use the .pak file option.

Also: New update coming today. Very soon, in fact. Lots of new stuff.

foible

Aug 29, 2017
The shader code instruction count for character skin was getting quite high, so I did cut back on some options in order to reduce it. However I've since made other optimizations to it, so stuff like veins will be added back at some point…..
Good to know the veins are coming back. They were a nice touch.

Thanks for the info about the bones thing. I assumed it might have something to do with that kind of stuff. I’ve only come across a couple games that offer leg/arm length and they all had mesh issues. Wild that something seeming so simplistic is so much more difficult.

That’s so strange. So many other UE game saves that can be much more easily accessed. Ah wells.

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
Update 2.5 is here. Lots of changes and new stuff. You can check out the full patch notes on Patreon here:

Also I've written a rather lengthy post about performance in the game. Read it if you're curious about development stuff or you want to know why the game might be so heavy on your machine (or if you have a high end machine, ignore it because it probably runs fine):

It goes into specifics about a lot of stuff, but the tl;dr is; The game is heavy because it uses Lumen and alembic groom hair. Lumen is a feature I likely won't be sacrificing, I experimented with baked lighting but I don't think it's going to be viable for this project, for many reasons, which you can read in the post. Groom hair on the other hand is something I'm willing to sacrifice, if I can use hair cards instead, which is something I'm actively investigating. Making the switch from groom hair to hair cards would instantly provide a huge performance gain. But I need to be sure anything I use is at least comparable in terms of quality, because I'm not willing to go from groom hair to hair that looks bad. Thankfully there are some very good quality hair card packs out there, but the best ones are quite pricey. If you want to help speed up this process please subscribe to the Patreon, $3/month is such a small amount but it really goes a long way for a project like this.

The next update will focus on story content for Emily, touch up some past sex content and also include new sex content (not via the fantasy menu). I also have a new story character planned.

Hope everyone has relaxing holidays and thanks to anyone who has an interest in this project :)

View attachment 2023-12-21 06-29-40.webm
View attachment 2023-12-21 06-27-17.webm
View attachment 2023-12-21 06-33-13.webm
View attachment 2023-12-21 06-31-13.webm
View attachment 2023-12-21 06-25-50.webm

P0iSON

Oct 29, 2023
Very cool!

P.S. Google Drive - damaged archive. Now I'm trying to download from gofile.
P.S.S. Everything is fine on the gofile. Maybe it's just me.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Dilly_

FappyJake

Jan 23, 2022
Two v2.5 bugs I've seen.
1. Talking to John the 2nd time causes nothing to happen, both characters just stand still, no voice quotes or options to select, you have to quit the game to get out of the state.
2. The magazines you can find for Lyle seem to keep respawning if you travel from the home town to the Mall and vice versa.

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
Two v2.5 bugs I've seen.
1. Talking to John the 2nd time causes nothing to happen, both characters just stand still, no voice quotes or options to select, you have to quit the game to get out of the state.
2. The magazines you can find for Lyle seem to keep respawning if you travel from the home town to the Mall and vice versa.
Thanks, added to my list.

0=DaKer=0

Oct 22, 2021
Hello I dont know if its a bug, but i cant open the inventory. Unbinding and using a nother butten also dont help.
Edit: Had to save and reload to fix it. Inventory now opens.

P0iSON

Oct 29, 2023
Hello I dont know if its a bug, but i cant open the inventory. Unbinding and using a nother butten also dont help.
Edit: Had to save and reload to fix it. Inventory now opens.
Yes, the inventory in this version is glitchy - it only works after a reload.

4.30 star(s) 26 Votes