Fan Art Agent Alona: Fan Art

EmaSkye

Jul 9, 2017
I love your fanart of Alona, I wish it was a game! Could you by any chance share the specifics on how you recreated her model? I would love to see if I could make some fanart too! ^_^

JasNom

Jan 28, 2018
I love your fanart of Alona, I wish it was a game! Could you by any chance share the specifics on how you recreated her model? I would love to see if I could make some fanart too! ^_^
That's not so easy to answer because I change a lot of setting depending on the scene I make and a few things are custom made, which I did at a time but could only replicate today by going under a lot of research again myself.

The major attributes:
Facemorph: Pretty Base NG 8 Head
Skin: RY Elysia
Hair: Kyoko Hair MK-3
Suit: Office Suit IV (3D-Age)
Underwear: Dreamlace II for Victoria 4 (Hongyu)

Since I prefer stylized over realism I usually shrink the textures to 2k in blender or substance painter and drop bump or normal maps.

Not sure what else to say...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

zorin0815

Mar 30, 2019
... the School Roof is such a famous place in so many Animes and Mangas and very soon I can do renders there as well ;-)...
How to you get Daz to render in such a large environment .. and at acceptable render times?
I get a lot of failures even in simple environments, because Iray overloads the 8 GB Memory of my GPU with textures and then Daz simply crashes.

JasNom

Jan 28, 2018
How to you get Daz to render in such a large environment .. and at acceptable render times?
I get a lot of failures even in simple environments, because Iray overloads the 8 GB Memory of my GPU with textures and then Daz simply crashes.
It depends on what assets you are using. First of all, recently I only use assets I've optimized in Blender or Cinema 4D. So most of the time I can reduce the polycount drastically without even losing quality. After that I step down with the quality a bit too, but since I do more comic like things than photorealism that's ok for me. Then the textures. I shrink textures wherever I can that results in less detail, but I prefer larger scenes with tons of people over a detailed face. If needed, I setup a highres char for close ups.

Also a trick I found out lately is just before you use an object in Daz Studio, just merge everything into one giant object. That way Daz doesn't have to load every texture for every object and probably loses video memory on the way. In the past I had every in modules and setup most of the scenes in Daz, which resulted in an experience you described. Not anymore, everything into one object and export to Daz and Render.

Last but not least, I still render with my CPU most of the time. I lately got a Ryzen 7 5700G which is very fast and 32gb of ram.

zorin0815

Mar 30, 2019
First of all, recently I only use assets I've optimized in Blender or Cinema 4D. So most of the time I can reduce the polycount drastically without even losing quality.
So you actually load the assets into blender, reduce the polygon count and bring them back into DAZ?
Sounds like a lot of work. I only tried simple things in Blender so far like adding custom morphs to clothing.

After that I step down with the quality a bit too, but since I do more comic like things than photorealism that's ok for me.
... Then the textures. I shrink textures wherever I can that results in less detail ...
I agree. Which reminds me that most materials in DAZ load "HQ" by default. Setting them to "Base" might help with my problems. And I might try some of the tools that recalculate the textures at lower quality.
What seems to work well are camera planes that block assets outside of the viewport from being rendered.

Also a trick I found out lately is just before you use an object in Daz Studio, just merge everything into one giant object.
Never tried that. I will look into it. Thanks.

Last but not least, I still render with my CPU most of the time. I lately got a Ryzen 7 5700G which is very fast and 32gb of ram.
Not an option. Rendering with Iray on the CPU (Ryzen 7 2700x) is 8 times slower, than rendering on the GPU (GTX 2060 Super). The standard render time of a simple scene is about 1 hour on the GPU. It would take all day to do it on the CPU and the PC would be unusable during that time. I can render on the GPU in the background while doing normal work on the PC.
And so far I haven't received any acceptable results from 3Delight.

JasNom

Jan 28, 2018
Iray on CPU. Also, I am using the the built-in denoizer from Daz Studio. As I said, all things you can do when you don't care too much for the details.

Reactions: Kunju

JasNom

Jan 28, 2018
I've continued to work on Alona's School building. This time, I am converting the old Principal's office to fit into the second building of the School, which contains also the Teacher's lounge. Originally the Office was 9x9 meters, which wouldn't work in my School building where I have a 3m wide window every 5m. So I went as wide as possible which is 6.8m also with the depth I had to reduce it to 7.8m, but I think everything slowly works out... It's still a work in progress, but I had to post something to get me a bit of a motivation boost from my Alona fans ;-)... hope you like it...

Oh, and the reason why all of Alona's Skin is wet and shiny except for her boobs... is of course not because I forgot to update the breastacular materials to fit to the rest of her body skin, no, no, that's not it. It's again the bad students they were just playing so much with her boobs that they just dried faster than the rest of her body :)...

edit: now that I took a closer look, everything except her torso is dry... I really have to investigate what those bad students did with her... tsk tsk tsk.

Last edited:

JasNom

Jan 28, 2018
Looks great... I noticed, that I forgot to give you all the little parameters I've added myself, I will see that I will list you all parameters tomorrow. But of course I see already the similarities in her face ;-)

Anyways, great work!

Reactions: Kunju and EmaSkye

EmaSkye

Jul 9, 2017
Looks great... I noticed, that I forgot to give you all the little parameters I've added myself, I will see that I will list you all parameters tomorrow. But of course I see already the similarities in her face ;-)

Anyways, great work!
Thank you so much, I appreciate it! ^_^

JasNom

Jan 28, 2018
Thank you so much! I'll start working on her now!
Also, I never found a hairset that would really resemble the original Alona's, one that came a bit closer is Ellis Hair from AprilYSH ( ), I've experimented a bit with it before I returned to the old Victoria 3 Hairset. But here you can see a testrender contrasting both hairsets: https://f95zone.to/threads/fan-art-agent-alona-fan-art.70882/page-3#post-6429656

To mirror the hairset you just have to change I think the x-scale parameter of the asset to -100%. Which will probably reverse the normals but Iray doesn't really care.

JasNom

Jan 28, 2018
Wow, what a nice surprise. Cheers. Btw. I've also tried Viola Braid, Ethel Hair also of course, I think that was also my first choice until I found Ellis.

And about the picture: so this is the work of the Principal rather than the bad students, right?

EmaSkye

Jul 9, 2017
Wow, what a nice surprise. Cheers. Btw. I've also tried Viola Braid, Ethel Hair also of course, I think that was also my first choice until I found Ellis.

And about the picture: so this is the work of the Principal rather than the bad students, right?
Yes, the idea behind this is that she's being punished by the principal. My favorite scenes from the game take place in the school, I just enjoyed the enf/humiliation predicaments more than what happens after the school setting.

Reactions: Autarchy and JasNom

truesatan

Jan 8, 2017
Haha looks like those investors get some more fun with Alona in the evening sessions :D
After long talks both sides agreed to work together and well they need to celebrate it with lots of alcohol.
Nice work.

Reactions: JasNom

Welxeor1

Jun 6, 2017
Combination lives. Our hero must defeat all those evil sissy games around here with AAA female humiliation games(and all this stuff he likes you know) and bring JUSTICE to this cruel world.

JasNom

Jan 28, 2018
I've just revisited my Agent Alona Easter Bunny fan pics. Amazing how much time I had 2 years ago. Anyways, I've fixed/merged the first 3 pages and moved it all to an archive and deleted the pictures from the original Agent Alona Japan Investigation thread. For all who've never seen my Easter Bunny series, here is
the link:
You can find the link also in the first post in this thread.

I will probably also update the comic with the episode text from those 4 posts and who knows... maybe I will even continue it (no promises here) ;-) Have fun!

I've used one of my many discarded attemps to make a comic like cover for the series:

Last edited: