truesatan

Jan 8, 2017
is there a way for us to increase the alertness in one of the game config?
In the original rpg maker its variable 0001 and school reputation is 0006, company reputation is 0011.
I have my modificated version where i have points to set reputation to a certain value.
It would be possible to add an buy able item to alter values you need.
else you could use cheat engine with rpg maker value script to find the alterness value and modify it.
those scripts often alter those values ingame so its easy to track down.
If i find the page for cheat engine to add a diffent value type to search for, i will post it here.

Cheers

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
is there a way for us to increase the alertness in one of the game config?
For the game config, others already answered, but if you want to increase ti, another possibility is to use a save editor. You sava the game, edit the save changing the alertness level, then load from that save. It worked as a charme, used it quite a lot to play btoh increase and decrease.

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
Bro, the game in your link isn't working for me
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

How do I fix these and play???
Hmm, for the first one, I realised I had left in the folder with the game a cheat engine, that I actually never used as such. That's the wrong exe.
You may have also to download the RTP package from here , looking for "RPG maker XP" - I recall the library included in the zip was enough, but I don't remember anymore where you need to put it.
Honestly, I made the zip just by compressing the folder where I had the game that I had launched till recently, but that's it.

Reactions: ReShadowDancer

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
In the original rpg maker its variable 0001 and school reputation is 0006, company reputation is 0011.
I have my modificated version where i have points to set reputation to a certain value.
It would be possible to add an buy able item to alter values you need.
else you could use cheat engine with rpg maker value script to find the alterness value and modify it.
those scripts often alter those values ingame so its easy to track down.
If i find the page for cheat engine to add a diffent value type to search for, i will post it here.

Cheers
Yeah I have used cheat engine successfully to modify up and down the alertness, and the school rep. Also used RPGMakerSave editor with no problems.

Except with cheat engine I have to seek out the value's every time I shut down the game and restart it. So I was thinking a simple .ct Table would really be nice to enable locking the value's, and raising them up and down.

I have just never understood that part of cheat engine, about all I can do with it is seek out the value's, and once found I can adjust them that way. Problem is I have to do it every time I restart the game.

Save editor is good, have to stop game and redo them a lot if using it exclusively.

It was just a though if someone knew how to build a table for this game, being able to freeze, and raise and lower those values with out having to seek them out every time in cheat engine would be really handy :)

EDIT >>> Or if good with editing the game, adding and item or multiple Items as in potions to raise and lower or even lock the values would be good too.

gamiat

Feb 10, 2018
A nice addon for a possible simple MOD is to set this value in a given room, or perhaps make something she can do REGARDING HER JOB (like communicating with her colleague by using a mobile device in her home each night, or a button 'investigate the teachers', where she can get a simple puzzle inside the teachers room (a bit of grinding to earn some alertness, just like battles give EXP), so a message could be shown : 'Alona gained 3 alertness points'. (I imagined things like giving coffee or papers to teachers but this ISNT her main spy job).

Also, a message alerting the player that, if he or she visits the school again, a bad ending is about to happen, so we can quickly search for those teachers or other situations to increase that alertness. At least it wont be just a 'click button in her bedroom' to 'quickly change to a given value'.

Last edited:

truesatan

Jan 8, 2017
Yeah I have used cheat engine successfully to modify up and down the alertness, and the school rep. Also used RPGMakerSave editor with no problems.

Except with cheat engine I have to seek out the value's every time I shut down the game and restart it. So I was thinking a simple .ct Table would really be nice to enable locking the value's, and raising them up and down.

I have just never understood that part of cheat engine, about all I can do with it is seek out the value's, and once found I can adjust them that way. Problem is I have to do it every time I restart the game.

Save editor is good, have to stop game and redo them a lot if using it exclusively.

It was just a though if someone knew how to build a table for this game, being able to freeze, and raise and lower those values with out having to seek them out every time in cheat engine would be really handy :)

EDIT >>> Or if good with editing the game, adding and item or multiple Items as in potions to raise and lower or even lock the values would be good too.
Usually there is no need, i decompile the games with all decryptor and then start it with debug mode.
With F9 you can see those switches and variables. so its easy to modify them.

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
Usually there is no need, i decompile the games with all decryptor and then start it with debug mode.
With F9 you can see those switches and variables. so its easy to modify them.
Not understanding I use "DECRYPTER-Petschko's RPG" when needed to unpack game files, but Not sure I understand how to set debug.

I understand using debug with "RPG ACE Cheat" but this game was made with I think " " I don't think will work with it.

Basically I am not understanding how you are setting debug :( I will try the F9 while in game see if this happens.) LOL was a new thing to me. Sorry for being dumb about it, but am not understanding what you mean.

JasNom

Jan 28, 2018
Basically I am not understanding how you are setting debug :( I will try the F9 while in game see if this happens.) LOL was a new thing to me. Sorry for being dumb about it, but am not understanding what you mean.
truesatan speaks about the build in debug mode. Usually this is disabled when you publish your game, but always enabled when you are testplaying the game in the RPG-Maker XP Editor. While testplaying you just have to hit f9 and get a list of variables and switches a bit like in a shop and you can set any values you want.

This mode can be enabled when the variable DEBUG is set to true (like $DEBUG = true, I usually do that before the game loop is started) but of course for that you have to modify the script slightly.

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
truesatan speaks about the build in debug mode. Usually this is disabled when you publish your game, but always enabled when you are testplaying the game in the RPG-Maker XP Editor. While testplaying you just have to hit f9 and get a list of variables and switches a bit like in a shop and you can set any values you want.

This mode can be enabled when the variable DEBUG is set to true (like $DEBUG = true, I usually do that before the game loop is started) but of course for that you have to modify the script slightly.

Thank you, I thought it might have something to do with the editor. Is this a particular script and the modification of that script alone will allow debug mode, or is the editor needed for this to work?

truesatan

Jan 8, 2017
Thank you, I thought it might have something to do with the editor. Is this a particular script and the modification of that script alone will allow debug mode, or is the editor needed for this to work?
No editor is not needed, just decomile with all decrypt (found in forum) and use game.exe with wonder if it was debug on rpg maker xp. long time i used rpg maker xp, my version is a converted version to rpg maker vx ace with some twists hehe

Reactions: JasNom

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
No editor is not needed, just decomile with all decrypt (found in forum) and use game.exe with wonder if it was debug on rpg maker xp. long time i used rpg maker xp, my version is a converted version to rpg maker vx ace with some twists hehe
Not quite understanding I have edited the translation and some of the images in this game for my own enjoyment, but do not understand how to get this one in debug mode.

Is it something I can change in the .ini or is it a data file that needs edited in some way. How to get into debug is what is eluding me. I have played some RPG Maker games that had the debug available. But I have never found it in this game ?

Image as you can see i have decrypted the content long ago.

truesatan

Jan 8, 2017
Not quite understanding I have edited the translation and some of the images in this game for my own enjoyment, but do not understand how to get this one in debug mode.

Is it something I can change in the .ini or is it a data file that needs edited in some way. How to get into debug is what is eluding me. I have played some RPG Maker games that had the debug available. But I have never found it in this game ?

Image as you can see i have decrypted the content long ago.
no, its the game.exe you have to start with a parameter, in the case of rpg maker xp games its debug.
so best is to open a cmd go to the folder where the game.exe is and start it with
game.exe debug
also you could make a shortcut from the game.exe and edit the shortcut to have debug after %path%/game.exe debug
might be with the "" before the path and after .exe

JasNom

Jan 28, 2018
You are aware, that in your modded version the Debug Mode was always enabled. I liked the little things you've added very much... have to check if I still have it somewhere.
What do you think about if I'd brush it up slightly and let people download it?

Last edited:

truesatan

Jan 8, 2017
You are aware, that in your modded version the Debug Mode was always enabled. I liked the little things you've added very much... have to check if I still have it somewhere.
What do you think about if I'd brush it up slightly and let people download it?
Hehe i have it, with the scene you draw and i have added. but it modifies a lot of stuff, so not everyone likes it.
Not to mention the mv version that was posted on here as well. not everything is working, but you could add
the cheat menu and alter everything as well.
Still have both on my mega:
Ace Modded:
MV Edit and modded not fully owrking;

JasNom

Jan 28, 2018
Yay, thanks for the download.

Wow, I'd forgotten how much effort you'd put into the cheat part and the scenes room... ;-)...

Last edited:
Reactions: SpockShepard

truesatan

Jan 8, 2017
It was over the years, worst part was the conversation from xp to vx ace, or at least for the first try.
Rest was step by step. but i still hate the rpg maker xp editor.
To bad i have nearly no time to do anything but work, work and eww work lol
My attempt to convert it so renpy is still stuck at the version years ago lol

JasNom

Jan 28, 2018
My attempt to convert it so renpy is still stuck at the version years ago lol
To me your XP-Ace version today was a great gift. I learned so much about coding while working on the RenPy version of Alona (which I doubt will ever see the light of the day), so to brush up your version (I call it TrueSatan Mod for now - TSMod ;-) ) was a welcomed change to my usually very nauseating work on my Alona... So I think Alona TSMod v1.01 will be ready in a few hours. The things I changed so far:
I updated the XPA-version to the most recent one from 2019 (damn is your original mod really more than 2 years old?)...
I returned the custom status screen from Combin which he originally hacked into the XP-lib code and you overwrote. But now it's a plugin which just aliases and overloads the original lib code.
I also added Zeus81+ Fullscreen plugin
Changed the font to Tahoma (original XP-Font)
And widened the textbox slightly so that the text will not cut off.
I will also move the little titlescreen I made a long time for RPG-Maker MV and add some text to it.
Ah yes, I also copied all RTP-Content to the games folder, just to hopefully avoid future RTP-Questions.
Then there will be a changelog with a version and a mod folder where I will put photoshop edits other stuff that I added to Alona TSMod in case other modders want to do something with it... ;-).

So, here we go the brushed up TrueSatanMod v1.01 ;-)

I will probably replace some of the pics TS used with the original ones (without speech bubbles) but for today, 2 hours are enough ;-). Have fun.
Btw.
the second save from TS is somewhere in the scene selection room, but the first save is getting you right to the place where he added the content mod (Principal punishment...)

Last edited:

truesatan

Jan 8, 2017
looks good, and yes we just tried a few things ages ago. so would be cool if those will be replaced.
there are some for the principal visit as well.

truesatan

Jan 8, 2017
looks good, and yes we just tried a few things ages ago. so would be cool if those will be replaced.
there are some for the principal visit as well.
btw the "bathroom" addition was around mid 2020. guess with some nice photos those students took
and a drill they could force her to have "glory" diner daily ^^
just another idea that spring to my mind.
to bad mv or mz version would be to much work (fights not working and so on) or else
i could add one or two idea i have in mind lol
way easier and would be run on all plattforms.
still don't like the rpg maker editors at all, but with the javascript stuff it would be easier to add stuff
even outside the editor. well nevermind, no time to think about that.
good luck with the additions to the xp to vx ace convert :)

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes