alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Is there any patch or anything you can do to play with more fps? :/
No, not really. The developer accidentally left in some unused assets in the background that take a lot of resources. The only thing that could get more FPS is removing those assets either by disabling them or totally getting rid of them, which would be a pretty big job.

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
No, not really. The developer accidentally left in some unused assets in the background that take a lot of resources. The only thing that could get more FPS is removing those assets either by disabling them or totally getting rid of them, which would be a pretty big job.
yea I've been having issues too, mainly in the area in front of the abandoned building thing, where all of the cats and chickens are, close to the story that requires 400XP. All other areas are fine and I get 30FPS but that place drops it down to fucking 5FPS for some dumb reason...

Reactions: alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
yea I've been having issues too, mainly in the area in front of the abandoned building thing, where all of the cats and chickens are, close to the story that requires 400XP. All other areas are fine and I get 30FPS but that place drops it down to fucking 5FPS for some dumb reason...
The more assets in an area, like buildings, creatures, people, or plants, the more RAM it eats to be in that area. This can happen with major bases the player builds as well, like my mansion on the housing island. It wouldn't be so bad if the developers had cleared those unused islands from being loaded in the background, and it wasn't until something related to those assets got triggered by the DLC, but it would still drop a bit. The major issue are the unused assets they forgot to clear.
It's not really a dumb reason, that's just how RAM works.

can i use HS2 cunihinx character mod for this Ai Girl ?
Seeing as you're asking about taking a mod from a later game into a previous game, probably not, they only really set up scene, coordinate, and character card compatibility.

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
The more assets in an area, like buildings, creatures, people, or plants, the more RAM it eats to be in that area. This can happen with major bases the player builds as well, like my mansion on the housing island. It wouldn't be so bad if the developers had cleared those unused islands from being loaded in the background, and it wasn't until something related to those assets got triggered by the DLC, but it would still drop a bit. The major issue are the unused assets they forgot to clear.
It's not really a dumb reason, that's just how RAM works.

Seeing as you're asking about taking a mod from a later game into a previous game, probably not, they only really set up scene, coordinate, and character card compatibility.
well yea but 3 chickens and 2 cats shouldn't drop your fps by 25 lmao, unless the dev was simply incompetent. now that area is fine again, wonder where the next fps black hole will spawn

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
well yea but 3 chickens and 2 cats shouldn't drop your fps by 25 lmao, unless the dev was simply incompetent. now that area is fine again, wonder where the next fps black hole will spawn
There's more than just the three chickens and two cats. All the plant life, all the buildings, and everything else. Even the standing water, if you're near it, and the rain will affect FPS. The big issue, as I said, was the assets mistakenly left in. Mistakes happen to even the most competent developer from time to time and this is one of the very few times an Illusion game has had issues like this. While the chickens, cats, buildings, plants, rain, and standing water all have an effect on FPS, none of them are dropping the FPS that hard, it's mostly the mistakenly left in assets we can't see that are doing it. From what I understand, the assets accidentally left in are very large, islands that went unused if I remember correctly, and take many resources to fully render. An entire island does take a lot, which is why the housing island is separated into a completely different zone from the ruined island. It sounds like they were attempting to make the game entirely open world with no visible loading at all once you're playing, but ran out of time. When your game is on a strict schedule, these things can happen. Illusion isn't like the devs around here that use Patreon and develop when they have time, Ilusion runs things as a AAA developer would, sticking to a strict schedule and dropping anything incomplete or not up to a satisfactory level when the scheduled release date hits. They probably hit a deadline and scrambled to get the game out while still having trouble getting things to work right on a fully open concept. They probably did shut off the unused islands in the code, likely using inaccessible zones much like how the housing island is in its own zone, but accessible in its case, because the game worked perfectly until the DLC hit, then a flag probably got reset that put the unused islands back into the game in the background and now we have severe lag.

Reactions: KiraJames
May 12, 2021
Is there any patch or anything you can do to play with more fps? :/
i can get 40~60 with a 3070
I must appaudle you all.. for your ultra powerful hardware.. and to the level you are UNABLE to do a basic search of "UNITY" "optimization".. etc.. WHY are any of you RESPONDING to some IDIOT that has arguments about CONDONING PIRACY.. HOW GREAT WINRAR IS.. but has not written a single TUTORIAL on how to optimize you Graphic settings is pretty pathetic.. Message me if you aren't a complete idiot or 4channer.. Double points if you find my tutorial POSTED HRE! IN THIS WEBSITE ON HOW OPTIMIZE YOUR GAME AND CARD!....

Reactions: Sepheyer
Jan 11, 2018
I must appaudle you all.. for your ultra powerful hardware.. and to the level you are UNABLE to do a basic search of "UNITY" "optimization".. etc.. WHY are any of you RESPONDING to some IDIOT that has arguments about CONDONING PIRACY.. HOW GREAT WINRAR IS.. but has not written a single TUTORIAL on how to optimize you Graphic settings is pretty pathetic.. Message me if you aren't a complete idiot or 4channer.. Double points if you find my tutorial POSTED HRE! IN THIS WEBSITE ON HOW OPTIMIZE YOUR GAME AND CARD!....
...you do realize that the lag is an issue for all illusion games and cant simply be fixed by basic optimizations and settings tuning, otherwise we wouldn't have this issue?

May 12, 2021
...you do realize that the lag....
Yeah, I do. (y) Unity isn't inherently "bad". I even have a write up regarding the problem. :PogChamp:

https://f95zone.to/threads/unity-so...atency-optimization-tweaks.84802/post-5924211

There are a few "controversial" issues.

But I can distill it to 4 or 5

1.) Windows 10 sucks... it is utter shit. I've had my frame rates go through the floor because of it.
That said.. here is a tidbit... SAVE THE FILE PERMANENTLY.. you might never see it again.
Q: When will the final Game Ready Driver that supports Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 go public?
A:
August 31, 2021 (R470 GA5)

2.) NVidia - For whatever reason end users that have to ask for Game Support... Or can Game developers do so? NVidia is a fucking mess. I can't even navigate the site without a headache. "Something as simple as how do I get my game Nvidia approved doesn't exist.
*shrugs*
"but i don't want a spotlight I just want presets that are compatible.."
It doesn't have a one size fits all for Unreal or Unity titles. Triple A studios have a mainline to NVidia for all we know.

2.) "We as users are sloppy" ... we have hundreds of assets/models/objects/mods/add-ons. a ton of background tasks and instead of trying to work from lowest settings to highest we typically jump right into the highest settings with little to no patience. (I'll be honest the 'gimmie gimmie gimmie' attitude makes me just...)

3.) "Original Devs are sloppy". I will preface with saying NOT ALL.. but many.

4.) Many modders have to make use of hooks to get anything to work properly with pre-built Unity.. They might not be privy to the underworkings of how unity does things.. I highly suggest ANYONE working on mods to PLEASE read the 7 tips here

5.) Unity games can runs on EVERY OS.. Including Android..

fixed by basic optimizations and settings tuning, otherwise we wouldn't have this issue?
Every Triple A title doesn't have this issue. But the truth is they do. Truth is the optimizations are not basic. You actually have to do them.

Again.. My write-up for it. (the bottom part that details cards, outfits and loaded mods is of big importance.)
https://f95zone.to/threads/ai-shoujo-r9-1-illusion.34853/post-5924217

Realized that most people don't know this information and hence made a topic in in Tools & Tutorials.
https://f95zone.to/threads/unity-so...atency-optimization-tweaks.84802/post-5924211

At the very minimum you MUST add the Illusion title TO NVidia Control panel.

This is applicable to Honey Select 1 AND both AI * Girl (I must admit however the "agent" program that manages the girls is a CPU hog..) and Honey Select DX 2.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Are you seriously still bringing that up on a PIRACY FORUM? It is blatantly obvious what most people on here are doing, nobody needs to say it and hiding it won't do anything, our mere presence here is an implication that would be just barely enough for a search warrant if the authorities really wanted to go through all that mess. Seriously, just drop it already, it's not even on topic and is therefore a forum rules violation.

Why would I write a tutorial on how to optimize graphics when optimizing graphics won't do a singe thing for this game? The only thing that would is somehow getting rid of Illusion's mistake that caused the optimization issues in the first place and I can tell you right here and now that it will take a lot more than changing graphics settings to make that happen. If this was Koikatsu or Honey Select 2, yeah, I could help with a few things, but this game is beyond help.

...you do realize that the lag is an issue for all illusion games and cant simply be fixed by basic optimizations and settings tuning, otherwise we wouldn't have this issue?
Not all of them, this one is literally the only one I have trouble with unless I'm using a resource hogging mod like Kplug for Koikatsu, I can play Artificial Academy 2 at a solid 60 FPS, Koikatsu at 40-60 FPS, and Hooney Select 2 at 40-60 FPS. Even SBPR gets a good frame rate on my machine and that one is notorious for having issues with keeping the frames up on occasion. This is the only one where I can only get up to 20 FPS.

There is also windows 11 coming out in late 2021.
Which is probably going to suck even worse and might even have a way to close the loophole that is having a d3d9.dll in your game folder for older Illusion games. Who knows how it will affect the newer ones, but I seriously hope it doesn't. This one doesn't need any other things working against it, it's already working against itself.

May 12, 2021
windows 11 coming out in late 2021.
You should REALLY REALLY REALLY get on board with

Windows LTSC !

They chopped support by half.. aka instead of the 10 years promised you'll only get 5 so... If you are savvy Jan. 9, 2029 will probably be the last release.

For Windows 10 Home and Pro is only until.

Windows 10 Home and Pro
07/29/2015​
10/14/2025​

Microsoft already has become the devil.

Cappucinn0

Oct 8, 2019
hmm very unfortunate, btw if the character card doesn't use mod so maybe its okay? i never tried it.

and so far i can see, it look like there's no new update after R9.1

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
hmm very unfortunate, btw if the character card doesn't use mod so maybe its okay? i never tried it.

and so far i can see, it look like there's no new update after R9.1
If no mods are used and the character is either from AI Shoujo or Honey Select 2, it should work.

As for updates, this and the other two latest game threads for this developer rarely end up having the latest update, check for the latest.

DjSoul

Mar 29, 2018
ok i played AA2 and i want to try this out too but my laptop is kinda crap. can someone tell me that i have a chance to at least play it or im gona have to get a new beefy PC.

MashUp47

Aug 26, 2020
ok i played AA2 and i want to try this out too but my laptop is kinda crap. can someone tell me that i have a chance to at least play it or im gona have to get a new beefy PC.
It would help if we know what spec your " Kinda crap laptop" has?

3.40 star(s) 33 Votes