moskis22

Nov 26, 2020
why is this game so fucking large? most or rpgm games i know are around 400mb and this is like 2,5gb

Zellemate

Community Manager For HeavenStudios
Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
why is this game so fucking large? most or rpgm games i know are around 400mb and this is like 2,5gb
To be more precise the newest version is 2,7GB when downloaded, and 4.1GB when unpacked to your computer.

And why the fuck is that? ... Because this game is not at 25 minutes small game with reused scenes your rewatch.
The picture folder have over 15.000 files, and there are over 200 scenes in the game, 10 playable Routes with 9 subroutes.
There are literally hours and hours of gameplay if you explore the world, and play all the routes.

Hope that answers your question :coffee:

moskis22

Nov 26, 2020
To be more precise the newest version is 2,7GB when downloaded, and 4.1GB when unpacked to your computer.

And why the fuck is that? ... Because this game is not at 25 minutes small game with reused scenes your rewatch.
The picture folder have over 15.000 files, and there are over 200 scenes in the game, 10 playable Routes with 9 subroutes.
There are literally hours and hours of gameplay if you explore the world, and play all the routes.

I was talking about full games with at least 25-30 hours
Anyway, re-reading myself it seems that i was angry that it wasn't my intention

Zellemate

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
I was talking about full games with at least 25-30 hours
Anyway, re-reading myself it seems that i was angry that it wasn't my intention
My point was not the amount of hours - But the numbers of scenes in the game - There are no games out there with 200+ decent scenes(not images but scenes) WITHOUT its game-size to go way above 1 Gigabyte.

This is what I consider common knowledge regarding IT and knowledge about image size, and you should go and check the picture library and do a count on your 400mb games and compare it to this. If you are still lost - Then you need need some more time in front of your computer friend :geek:

Reactions: JasDoc

moskis22

Nov 26, 2020
My point was not the amount of hours - But the numbers of scenes in the game - There are no games out there with 200+ decent scenes(not images but scenes) WITHOUT its game-size to go way above 1 Gigabyte.

This is what I consider common knowledge regarding IT and knowledge about image size, and you should go and check the picture library and do a count on your 400mb games and compare it to this. If you are still lost - Then you need need some more time in front of your computer friend :geek:
i understood that the first time, thanks
i was answering to this
Because this game is not at 25 minutes small game with reused scenes your rewatch
anyway, i was just wondering if it is posible to have so many scenes on the game without rushing them or too long that takes months to complete it
but i guess a have to try it to discover

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017

Its actually scaled down to very low quality because of the RPGmaker engine cannot handle more then 640x480.
Size can be very misleading. There was a game here over 1gb that had just few scenes and it size was due to using uncompressed sound files. On the other hand there are games with ton of scenes but mere 100mb size. That is because they use overlays to show expressions/pubs/dicks/cum/tears/body writing/clothes you get the deal. So something that could take 50 pictures due to variants only take 1+overlays and overlays are very small in size comparably to the main picture. (Sarah of rotation would be pinnacle of this technique)
You guys use overlays here and there but not all that much. The game is big but not unreasonably big. If you could use original size images the game would be 60GB+ none would have that. You would have to use compression and aforementioned technique to drive the size down. Oh and it becomes exponentially important for animations.

JagOvv

Oct 17, 2017
What's the link to the upcoming patch schedule? It shows what'll be in the next patches. I forgot to bookmark it.

Zellemate

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
Size can be very misleading. There was a game here over 1gb that had just few scenes and it size was due to using uncompressed sound files. On the other hand there are games with ton of scenes but mere 100mb size. That is because they use overlays to show expressions/pubs/dicks/cum/tears/body writing/clothes you get the deal. So something that could take 50 pictures due to variants only take 1+overlays and overlays are very small in size comparably to the main picture. (Sarah of rotation would be pinnacle of this technique)
You guys use overlays here and there but not all that much. The game is big but not unreasonably big. If you could use original size images the game would be 60GB+ none would have that. You would have to use compression and aforementioned technique to drive the size down. Oh and it becomes exponentially important for animations.
So to compare those to games are IMHO a mistake in every aspect - but here goes.
So 'Sarah of rotation' do have a fair amount of scenes compared to its game size for sure. And it's of cause a clever way to make scenes for sure. But we quickly go into reused assets category quickly, even if scenes can differ they often use some already used assets from another scene - which is why you get this feeling of "tons of scenes" as you put it - Fleeting Iris have very very few duplicate scenes(around 2-3 maybe).
Then we can compare the artwork itself and its not only because it uses overlay functionality that its this very low size of a game, its also because the quality & technique of the art is just something completely different, which make it not take up any space at all..... which again is why we get back to its very hard to compare these 2 games at all if you ask me, they are very different games. That said I do not mind the art of 'Sarah of rotation' at all actually just FYI.

Sometimes its just damn hard to compress image-files if they are real big and filled with tons of detail(pixel density) or whatever its called lol.

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
So to compare those to games are IMHO a mistake in every aspect - but here goes.
So 'Sarah of rotation' do have a fair amount of scenes compared to its game size for sure. And it's of cause a clever way to make scenes for sure. But we quickly go into reused assets category quickly, even if scenes can differ they often use some already used assets from another scene - which is why you get this feeling of "tons of scenes" as you put it - Fleeting Iris have very very few duplicate scenes(around 2-3 maybe).
Then we can compare the artwork itself and its not only because it uses overlay functionality that its this very low size of a game, its also because the quality & technique of the art is just something completely different, which make it not take up any space at all..... which again is why we get back to its very hard to compare these 2 games at all if you ask me, they are very different games. That said I do not mind the art of 'Sarah of rotation' at all actually just FYI.

Sometimes its just damn hard to compress image-files if they are real big and filled with tons of detail(pixel density) or whatever its called lol.
I was just giving you example rather then comparing. Technobrake games also use this method.
The point is there is a lot that can be done to drive the game size down if you guys wanted to. As example couple of scenes use the pubs as overlay but majority of them don't. That then triples the amount of pictures per scene that shows pubs. Same can be done for tan and expressions. I know for a fact that the expressions are made separately and then assembled. But it could be assembled by RPGM itself. If you don't believe me i can rework a scene and see how much space i can save.

Tho i don't want or expect you guys to do it. Just please don't be so haughty about the game size i don't see it as a plus. (rate limited net sucks ).

PS. Gimme them patches as add-ons rather then downloading whole game every time.

Last edited:

Zellemate

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
I was just giving you example rather then comparing. Technobrake games also use this method.
The point is there is a lot that can be done to drive the game size down if you guys wanted to. As example couple of scenes use the pubs as overlay but majority of them don't. That then triples the amount of pictures per scene that shows pubs. Same can be done for tan and expressions. I know for a fact that the expressions are made separately and then assembled. But it could be assembled by RPGM itself. If you don't believe me i can rework a scene and see how much space i can save.

Tho i don't want or expect you guys to do it. Just please don't be so haughty about the game size i don't see it as a plus. (rate limited net sucks ).

PS. Gimme them patches as add-ons rather then downloading whole game every time.
I can bring your suggestion to Starke regarding "add-ons" because that could make sense - but I make no promises, since all things like this require more time. And time is not exactly something the team have much of to be frankly.

It's not that I don't believe you that the technique will save space - But try to think about how much time it would take to change this whole game to that :LOL: not to mention its a different way you put scenes together meaning Starke would have to get used to that instead of using the way he already knows - and properly also change the art to match that. it's the biggest "no" ever - it will just not happen.

Reactions: niuash

Ayame#1Fan

Nov 8, 2016

That is hella cute mate but you're wrong in in more ways than one. First of all the game's "size" is something that I've seen no one but Zellemate boast about in terms of how much space it takes in a disk, in fact the bigger it becomes the less it appeals to me but I've read a dozen things that Zellemate has wrote that are not only not true as I am sure they're not Starke's view on the subject, so when you say "you guys to do it" remember that he's a "collaborator" per Discord rank or a public relations so to speak, not a developer. If you want to discuss stuff like that then take it directly to the developer on Discord or Twitter, that's my two pennies worth.

Don't get me wrong Zellemate, I think you are doing a dandy job over there mate or at least much better than Rynuzemarou or Zel, just reminding people that the view of someone that is helping as a collaborator is not necessarily the views of the company, you're wearing a shirt that I don't envy because you're representing some big boys but with that comes lots of responsibility so it wouldn't kill you to double check more stuff with Starke before making "HS's opinion" vocal.

Back @ Trixie. The selling point of the game was in terms of longevity of the game size, amount of hentai scenes with non-reused assets size, with that said, have you played Technobrake's games? Actually, I don't even know at this point why compare Fleeting Iris with any other game out there, do you know how much work it would take to assemble all of the in game assets as a script line in this game? How much time it would take to even assemble one scene or a day of dialogue? If you want to do what you claim you can do I can easily talk to Starke and have it arranged mate but keep in mind that many times during the game the picture order can't go past a certain number because there's scripts that reserve that number, the lights script for example.

Have you took a decent look at the game's database? What you claim that can be done obviously can be done, but you know how much more time and effort it would take to assemble all that rubbish through in game commands instead of photoshop? Oh my days... try changing one day of gameplay and see how much work is in there, now do that for half a million lines of dialogue of whatever the game is at right now.

Not trying to sound cheeky or anything but comparing one to another is like comparing apples with oranges, they're both fruits but come on now.

Can you possibly cut the game size by somewhere between 600 megs and 1 gig? Probably yes using overlays but considering the amount of assets and quality of those assets soundtrack and so on is 4.7 GB something extraordinary? Mate I've seen demos with five hentai scenes have that disk size so you tell me.

Last edited:
Reactions: thanhtu15079x

Zellemate

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
That is hella cute mate but you're wrong in in more ways than one. First of all the game's "size" is something that I've seen no one but Zellemate boast about in terms of how much space it takes in a disk, in fact the bigger it becomes the less it appeals to me but I've read a dozen things that Zellemate has wrote that are not only not true as I am sure they're not Starke's view on the subject, so when you say "you guys to do it" remember that he's a "collaborator" per Discord rank or a public relations so to speak, not a developer. If you want to discuss stuff like that then take it directly to the developer on Discord or Twitter, that's my two pennies worth.

Don't get me wrong Zellemate, I think you are doing a dandy job over there mate or at least much better than Rynuzemarou or Zel, just reminding people that the view of someone that is helping as a collaborator is not necessarily the views of the company, you're wearing a shirt that I don't envy because you're representing some big boys but with that comes lots of responsibility so it wouldn't kill you to double check more stuff with Starke before making "HS's opinion" vocal.

Back @ Trixie. The selling point of the game was in terms of longevity of the game size, amount of hentai scenes with non-reused assets size, with that said, have you played Technobrake's games? Actually, I don't even know at this point why compare Fleeting Iris with any other game out there, do you know how much work it would take to assemble all of the in game assets as a script line in this game? How much time it would take to even assemble one scene or a day of dialogue? If you want to do what you claim you can do I can easily talk to Starke and have it arranged mate but keep in mind that many times during the game the picture order can't go past a certain number because there's scripts that reserve that number, the lights script for example.

Have you took a decent look at the game's database? What you claim that can be done obviously can be done, but you know how much more time and effort it would take to assemble all that rubbish through in game commands instead of photoshop? Oh my days... try changing one day of gameplay and see how much work is in there, now do that for half a million lines of dialogue of whatever the game is at right now.

Not trying to sound cheeky or anything but comparing one to another is like comparing apples with oranges, they're both fruits but come on now.

Can you possibly cut the game size by somewhere between 600 megs and 1 gig? Probably yes using overlays but considering the amount of assets and quality of those assets soundtrack and so on is 4.7 GB something extraordinary? Mate I've seen demos with five hentai scenes have that disk size so you tell me.
So I will be better to explain, "going forward" when it's my own personal opinion that have nothing to do with Heaven Studios.

And here is Starke's quote on the subject of layering in reply to Terix3:
"You have no idea what you're talking about. Just because something is possible doesn't mean it's practical or should be done that way."

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017

img.jpg
I was just giving you example rather then comparing.
Tho i don't want or expect you guys to do it.
in regards to redoing FI. But it would be something worth considering for next game that will start being developed later this year.

"is 4.7 GB something extraordinary?" - taking resources for granted is something that is common these days. Then you have those turds where to fix some bugs the patch is the size of the game itself. Or when simple program takes GBs of memory.
I check the game files and i see up to 50 same looking pictures that only differ in expression/tan/pubs, that kinda triggers me. How much space could be saved ? The expression/pubs overlays would be like 1% of the original picture in size, two tan overlays 30% of original image size. My guess is that 3GB could turn to 300mb.

And here is Starke's quote on the subject of layering in reply to Terix3:
"You have no idea what you're talking about. Just because something is possible doesn't mean it's practical or should be done that way."
Aka not worth the work. Shrug, means the devs doing that must be insane, i do respect them for that insanity through . (fun fact i didn't even like Sarah but i remember it because how clean the picture folder was).

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 85 Votes