micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
3 times now. i give up. can anyone upload the update only? :(
still got mega option , create free account and you can dl 5g per 6h , for now game is still bellow capacity, otherwise got torrent bellow , tho choose what you want, got all version in it

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ziltoid

Ziltoid

Nov 1, 2018
still got mega option , create free account and you can dl 5g per 6h , for now game is still bellow capacity, otherwise got torrent bellow , tho choose what you want, got all version in it
The other ones are pretty slow (4x slower than nopy) and mega has a limit so i don't really use it. Thanks for the torrent, i'll try it. <3

Reactions: micmitja

thestryker

Oct 31, 2019
nopy NA server 6 (only one that popped up for me): corrupted, extracts ~16MB tried downloading twice just to make sure. I grabbed it from anonfile just fine (aside from being slower obviously).

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Did you guys try JDownloader? I live in Europe and never had a problem with nopy using that. Anonfiles works flawlessly too.

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
The other ones are pretty slow (4x slower than nopy) and mega has a limit so i don't really use it. Thanks for the torrent, i'll try it. <3
I said winrar is a good tool too, but instead of downloading the game files 5 times again, just try another unzipper tool like i suggested in my first post regarding your issues.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
I said winrar is a good tool too, but instead of downloading the game files 5 times again, just try another unzipper tool like i suggested in my first post regarding your issues.
I used different unpackers, even "jar" does the job, this is a standard zip file, not something exotic like tar.gz or 7z (which WinRAR could unpack as well). If WinRAR doesn't work for these guys, then 7z won't either. 7z can't correct corrupted data any better than any others do.
The download files are corrupted, plain and simple. A download manager which performs CRC checks might help.

erkper

May 16, 2018
3 times now. i give up. can anyone upload the update only? :(
Did you delete the corrupted file and clear your cache before trying to D/L again? I wonder if your system is simply using the corrupted download instead of actually downloading it again. I really don't think the source files are corrupted, no one would be able to get it working if that were the case.

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
The download files are corrupted, plain and simple. A download manager which performs CRC checks might help.
It is not that plain and simple, because i downloaded the file from various sources, and i cannot validate corrupted files at all, i even tried winrar, and everything works as intended, no errors or whatsoever. 3 tries 3 succeeded unpacking tasks.

Edit:
You don't need to answer, i dismiss this discussion now, because i cannot re-produce the issues and blind guessing is tiring as fuck. i'm out.

Last edited:

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
You don't need to answer, i dismiss this discussion now, because i cannot re-produce the issues and blind guessing is tiring as fuck. i'm out.
I'll do it anyway but you don't have to read it if you don't want to.

I never said that the files on the server are corrupted. Actually I am absolutely sure they are ok, since - as I mentioned - they work for me. But at the end of the day these people - for whatever reason - have corrupted files on their hard drives that can't be unpacked while other downloaded files are ok. That's why I suggest to use a download manager that detects faulty downloads.

Ziltoid

Nov 1, 2018
Downloaded it from mega (the free account took a while but it got the job done) and everything went off without a hitch. I Have no idea why this happened.

Did you delete the corrupted file and clear your cache before trying to D/L again? I wonder if your system is simply using the corrupted download instead of actually downloading it again. I really don't think the source files are corrupted, no one would be able to get it working if that were the case.
Yes, i deleted all corrupted files.

Thanks for the help erkper, WICKEDp4th and Nemo56.

Edit: Extracted with winrar as well just in case you guys wanted to know.

Yamfries

Feb 11, 2018
Downloaded it from mega (the free account took a while but it got the job done) and everything went off without a hitch. I Have no idea why this happened.

Yes, i deleted all corrupted files.

Thanks for the help erkper, WICKEDp4th and Nemo56.

Edit: Extracted with winrar as well just in case you guys wanted to know.
Wish I had more to add, but I had the exact same issue. Downloaded twice from Nopy, corrupted both times. Came here, read the last few posts, tried MEGA, and extracted without any problems.

• Thinking Face

Ziltoid

Nov 1, 2018
Wish I had more to add, but I had the exact same issue. Downloaded twice from Nopy, corrupted both times. Came here, read the last few posts, tried MEGA, and extracted without any problems.
It's really weird since some people say that everything was fine for them... at least we managed to download the game.

Reactions: Yamfries

Rd835

Aug 2, 2018
I had the exact same problem with Nopy, downloaded twice, and twice the files were corrupted. And it's not the problem of the tool used to unzip, since the folder was not even openable with Windows native tool, and the scan by antivirus software was almost immediate. Actually when I tried to extract with 7zip, the "lib" and "renpy" folders were missing.
I finally downloaded it form Anonfile. It took more time, but he file was fine in the end.

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I had the exact same problem with Nopy, downloaded twice, and twice the files were corrupted. And it's not the problem of the tool used to unzip, since the folder was not even openable with Windows native tool, and the scan by antivirus software was almost immediate. Actually when I tried to extract with 7zip, the "lib" and "renpy" folders were missing.
I finally downloaded it form Anonfile. It took more time, but he file was fine in the end.
no lib etc means usually that dl wasn't complete and in nopy's case it's not surprise lately.

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
no lib etc means usually that dl wasn't complete and in nopy's case it's not surprise lately.
Hmm, I've only been using Nopy for downloading here for over a year and I've never had a problem with corrupt archives. There were speed issues for a few days, but otherwise Nopy was always reliable. I just downloaded the PC version again for testing and, as expected, there were no problems.

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
first time here and about to try this game but can i download compressed because i worried about quality and i don't have bigger net pack .
It's been a long time since I downloaded a compressed version, so I don't know if it still works like this. With the normal still images you will hardly notice any quality differences compared to the uncompressed version, only the animations could possibly look worse.

Vitklim

Feb 22, 2018
Will anyone please update the bloody changelogs, what's the point in them being there if they just say N/A

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Will anyone please update the bloody changelogs, what's the point in them being there if they just say N/A
sure they can if dev shares that or that person who leaked game leaks that too. 1st won't happen and 2nd is unlikely too.

basic: story continues

Reactions: Nemo56
3.90 star(s) 130 Votes