• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 9 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
Dear God...
Sounds like you were using old saves from the RPG version of Alex which was the last one of the RPG ones. After that, we remade the game as a VN as the RPG elements were not going over well with most players as it was very unbalanced. Next Alex update will be in February as we are updating Intimate Relations this month. Also, some good news is that if Haily keeps going the way it is fundraising wise we will keep going until the natural conclusion of the game

IAmTheGrim

Jan 4, 2019
Sounds like you were using old saves from the RPG version of Alex which was the last one of the RPG ones. After that, we remade the game as a VN as the RPG elements were not going over well with most players as it was very unbalanced. Next Alex update will be in February as we are updating Intimate Relations this month. Also, some good news is that if Haily keeps going the way it is fundraising wise we will keep going until the natural conclusion of the game
Yup yup, downloaded the new version and things are much MUCH better! Can't wait to see how things progress with all the games. I'm going to have to check out Intimate Relations as well.

Reactions: Enyos

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
I can't remember if it even has sound or not. Maybe it does, but it's worth noting that a lot of RenPy games don't bother with sound since it's not as important in a VN and usually requires buying or hiring someone to make it for you. I know a lot of devs are Jacks of all trades but it's not as common that they make art, write AND produce music/sound effects.

Reactions: Enyos

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Welp, chalk up another one.

I'm working my way through my backlog of unplayed games. This one is different in that I quit it way back when during its grindy phase. Being a big fan of IR, I gave this game a try and couldn't get past all those "tasks".

Now, it's a whole other story. But, a story I'll spare you regulars from suffering by sticking it all in a spoiler box.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Overall, I really like this game. I was going to support Ptolemy for this, as well as IR, but it turns out they're all linked to the same Patreon page (lucky me...unlucky him).

Looking forward to more of this novel and its much wider environment than IR, though IR still remains my favored game.

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
IR and Alex are both released under our patreon. We alternate between them each month. So the next Alexandra release will be in February. This month You will get an Intimate Relations release. Sorry if this was not communicated effectively. We had been doing just Alex releases for the last three months due to the newness and wanting to build content for it.

May 8, 2018
IR and Alex are both released under our patreon. We alternate between them each month. So the next Alexandra release will be in February. This month You will get an Intimate Relations release. Sorry if this was not communicated effectively. We had been doing just Alex releases for the last three months due to the newness and wanting to build content for it.
I'm for every scenario, just keep them coming. ;) All 4 games are really great.

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
Seriously do, I need to know whether or not the MC's a werewolf yo.

Also, wtf is going on with Alexandria's eyebrows? Maybe they're the source of her power over the MC....

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
Haha yeah, I'm fine with some kind of supernatural change but I'd prefer it wasn't physical. I mean he hasn't transformed when the rage has taken him yet so I don't expect it to ever happen, even if there's something more mystical to his condition rather than psychological.
It is an interesting theory though. But unless we were let in on it early I can't imagine any dev would want to pull the rug on the genre like that. It rarely goes down well. Everyone just gets confused.

3.90 star(s) 130 Votes