fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
PTOLEMY posted
Progress update

Hi

Got home from work a couple of hours ago, and I'm dead on my feet. So I'll keep this short.

Was successful in what I was hoping to achieve by now. So the 2 new locations and the morale meter are in.

Next up is the side mission.

Unfortunately I have to work tomorrow, but I have renders prepared, and it shouldn't delay me.

Will have the side mission done on Monday or Tuesday.

So, I hope the patch will be ready next weekend.

This is where we stand.

1) New GUI (done)

2) Combat system (done)

3) Inventory system

4) Adding a "morale meter" and assorted elements (done)

5) 4 new locations and assorted activities (done)

6) First side mission

7) First story mission (done)

8) Redo the trainer girls into sexy versions. Like I said, originally I didn't plan on them being something the MC might be interested in. (done)

9) Address the dreadful balancing

Will make another progress update on Monday, to hopefully tell you that the side mission is done.

As always, I'm very grateful for your support

Ptolemy

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
PTOLEMY posted
Progress report

Hi

I was hoping to say that the first side mission in finished. And well, it's mostly done. Renders are done, coding for it is done, I just haven't finished the dialogue yet.

I'll finish it tonight.

Tomorrow, I've promised to work on finishing the dialogue for Life with Mary. It's a game that I contribute to as a writer.

But after that, it's back to Alexandra.

The only things left to do are the inventory system and the balancing.

They're both very coding intensive, so it's a bit more difficult to gauge how fast that will go.

I'll make another post on Friday. If the inventory system is done by then, or mostly done. You can expect the patch early next week.

Will let you know then.

In the mean time, this is where we are:

1) New GUI (done)

2) Combat system (done)

3) Inventory system

4) Adding a "morale meter" and assorted elements (done)

5) 4 new locations and assorted activities (done)

6) First side mission (done)

7) First story mission (done)

8) Redo the trainer girls into sexy versions. Like I said, originally I didn't plan on them being something the MC might be interested in. (done)

9) Address the dreadful balancing

As always, I'm very grateful for your support

Ptolemy

supermanz95

Aug 7, 2016
How does Ptolemy manage to keep making the best looking black girls in the entire weg industry
What a god

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Ptolemy-Today at 9:06 AM

@here For those wondering about the Alexandra patch. It's finished, and in testing. Still getting a lot of bugs though. As soon as they are resolved. I'll upload it.

Reactions: Krull

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
Tes still a little buggy but Ptolemy decided after the balancing to rewrite the code and add other variables to the game which resulted in bugs. anyway, I've tried to tell Ptolemy that any sort of DRM mechanism will not work. but his position seems to stem from the amount of Downloads of Dana out there versus How many Patreons we had during the run of that game. The Math does not add up. One of the thingsI talked him into doing was branding his game better so there are links to patreon.

Reactions: Krull

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
but his position seems to stem from the amount of Downloads of Dana out there versus How many Patreons we had during the run of that game. The Math does not add up.
Right, hell the logic does not add up. All adult games on patreon are shared, just because some are more popular on patreon than others doesn't mean that it's somehow down to some games being shared more than others. 1 download != 1 lost sale.

Do you know what the plan is once the DRM is cracked?

supermanz95

Aug 7, 2016
but his position seems to stem from the amount of Downloads of Dana out there versus How many Patreons we had during the run of that game. The Math does not add up.
Is he genuinely curious about learning how to develop and code DRM or is he more focused on trying to prevent piracy in hopes of more revenue? Because the last time I checked he has a very loyal fanbanse with 1k on patron which no peanuts.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Ptolemy-Today at 12:57 PM

@here Fucking finally Will be up in a couple of hours

I really need a coder :frown:

Reactions: supermanz95

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
Right, hell the logic does not add up. All adult games on patreon are shared, just because some are more popular on patreon than others doesn't mean that it's somehow down to some games being shared more than others. 1 download != 1 lost sale.

Do you know what the plan is once the DRM is cracked?
I don't know if he has one.

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
Is he genuinely curious about learning how to develop and code DRM or is he more focused on trying to prevent piracy in hopes of more revenue? Because the last time I checked he has a very loyal fanbanse with 1k on patron which no peanuts.
I would not say he's obsessed with DRM. I think it's more of him wondering where all his Patreons have gone.
Yes, It's not small but to him, and the team we are working on 3 to 4 different games at one time so when we look at games that put in way less work pulling in 5 or 6 figures. The other part was he wanted to make enough to quit his real-life job so he could put more time into his games. For now, though we are trying branding the games with patreon buttons and links. The server is there but we are still releasing downloads.

Renetta

Jan 30, 2018
Graphtreon chart suggests Dreaming of Dana was this Devs bread and butter.Maybe he should of focused his full attention to that game and not lose focus and waste his time with inferior side projects.The Dev screwed up but is too damn arrogant to admit it and now blames piracy.

supermanz95

Aug 7, 2016
Graphtreon chart suggests Dreaming of Dana was this Devs bread and butter.Maybe he should of focused his full attention to that game and not lose focus and waste his time with inferior side projects.The Dev screwed up but is too damn arrogant to admit it and now blames piracy.
Tbh to his defense there is allot of complete garbage games out there that are making allot more money, Ptolemy's writing alone makes his projects vastly superior to like 95% of other weg games. But patreon and money are almost random as fuck and thats just the way she goes

Reactions: Earthling
Apr 7, 2018
Tbh to his defense there is allot of complete garbage games out there that are making allot more money, Ptolemy's writing alone makes his projects vastly superior to like 95% of other weg games. But patreon and money are almost random as fuck and thats just the way she goes
Tbh DOD just didn't resonate with me. Intimate Relations resonated a lot more with me but I still didn't like it as much as other projects like Dreams of Desire or Milfy City (which is only 1 update in).

AGoodDay2Die

Feb 9, 2018
Shouldn't the "Overview" of the game give us, I dunno, an actual overview of the game instead of a "what I'm up to" from the dev? Can't decide if it's worth bothering with if I have no idea what it's about, right?

Reactions: Ente Supremo

the_high_king

Jul 16, 2017
Hmm... the current genres listed make it seem pretty generic for now. I'll need to know if there's any other fetishes before I try this. :/

3.90 star(s) 130 Votes