Others Abandoned Alice Awakening [v0.4.2 Stable] [StickJump]

3.40 star(s) 50 Votes

dmmt

May 8, 2020
gddmt...another game I was letting sit awhile to get some updates done, only to be abandon

dmmt

May 8, 2020
The game got marked around December of 2021, months before the Russia/Ukraine war. Just roll back 20 pages or so you can read that dev isn't communicating much and people keep saying he's milking his patreons.

I wouldn't expect much from him. Cool if updates really roll on, but if not well whatever.

ummmm....Russia didnt invade until Feb 2022, so Dec 2021 was 2 months BEFORE the war, not several months after.

apologies...I misread the quoted post and for some reason thought it said months after the war.....Imma calim IJD (insufficient java disorder), and go get some more coffee

Last edited:
Reactions: kidderyao

hurrdurrderpderp

Apr 4, 2020
ummmm....Russia didnt invade until Feb 2022, so Dec 2021 was 2 months BEFORE the war, not several months after.
It means game stopped being updated ~8 months before a war and since then we can add 10 more months of no updates.
Other than that my avatar looks cool as hell with this seasonal cigarette smoke. Merry Christmas!

FrenziedFauna

Nov 26, 2021
Here is the short story: Developer came back a couple weeks ago. Noted that his life situation had drastically changed (minimal power, fire for warmth, etc.) and he no longer has the ability to do solo development on any project. He is, however, working on Harry Potter inspired game to be released some time around the big Harry Potter game. (He hopes to use that hype to make the game a big hit essentially)

When asked what his plan is for AA, he never gave an official answer; just that he doesn't have time for it. This game, along with his previous game MyXXXKin, are probably never going to be updated again. He will probably invest time in this new game until the hype dies down on it, then abandon that one too.

Sep 29, 2017
I just wanna say: called it. hopefully with patreon handoff the new devs can do something with the money.
Sucks for the guy, but he long abandoned this game and milked patreons for about a year before the ukraine war. It was so bad the game was marked abandoned before the war even started.
Rip to him and his sis, sucks. However, doesn't change my opinions on the game, nor the developer.

Reactions: MrGreenFKS

PDP19

Aug 31, 2022
Sad to see this abandoned but I guess its inevitable because the original dev was working alone and for some reason decided that it was a good idea to start multiple projects without first finishing what he started. Must have lost interest and moved on, which probably happens to 99% of all gaming projects started.

The game should've been smaller. Like ditch Megan and Sandy because they dont actually contribute anything other than girl variety. Just focus on the main story, add in one or two other sex scenes and youre basically done. Going big hurt the game and sadly its likely we'll never see the end of it.

FrenziedFauna

Nov 26, 2021
A wild and serious question, what would it take for someone else to pick this up? will there be any penalties in the future?
So there is a guy that is on the discord who was going through the process of modifying some of the textures and hoping to make a "fan continuation" of the game. It bypasses the legalities of copyright by calling it that, but he hasn't done anything officially yet.

hurrdurrderpderp

Apr 4, 2020
A wild and serious question, what would it take for someone else to pick this up? will there be any penalties in the future?
Excercise for though.
Imagine you have a lot of free time to spare. You're able to make at least decent art in this particular style. You can cut and animate said art to produce Live2D animations. You not only can use Construct2 but also reverse engineer it to make patches. You can make branching script for this game and fill it with interesting dialogue as well. You're able to modify UI to fit your needs and make additional assets like items.

At this point you are more than perfectly fit to make your own game and not fiddling around with copyrighted content from well known scammer.

ADDDEEr

Apr 20, 2021
R.I.P game, this was one of the the first games I downloaded on this site because it had lots of potential, but I guess it's time to let go now. No more false hope.

Reactions: marioman
3.40 star(s) 50 Votes