• Search is back up, but the index is being rebuilt, there may still be some minor problems until this is complete.
4.50 star(s) 116 Votes

MarshmallowCasserole

Jun 7, 2018
Oh damn, looking at her ingame I really thought she is made out of individual sprites for torso, head and limbs, which are just rearranged for each animation and connected to meshes for physics, but it seems Grimhelm decided to painstakingly draw each frame of each animation by hand. Even crazier that he decided to draw naked ones from scratch instead of reusing existing ones like most would've done.
Well, he's done both. Sex scenes are done through mesh morphs (I did not look if they were done ingame or not, but most likely they were). However, soft morphs don't work when you have significant pose changes that affect perspectives of the limbs. For core sprites, yeah, they are drawn frame-by-frame, because the girl is spinning and waving her hands energetically. There is also some hand drawn motion blur in some frames, as you can see.

Kvliam

Aug 4, 2020
As per the edit above, I've been trying to come up with ways to incorporate pregnancy for a while, but I'm not an artist, so gotta think outside the box.
Actually I can see some variants of editing textures to add bellys to them, like using part of her breast texture (because it's rounded and quite sizable) and via stretching and morphing (And maybe a little bit of upscaling for clarity) making her look pregnant. Not a pro artist myself, definitely not a Grimhelm level, but task of editing pre-existing art always seemed easier to me than drawing from scratch. Yet again it's crap ton of work but a little bit more reasonable if you dare to try.

What scares me tho is prospect of programming a new character state into the game and making it work. I'm even less of a programmer then an artist.

Kvliam

Aug 4, 2020
Well, he's done both. Sex scenes are done through mesh morphs (I did not look if they were done ingame or not, but most likely they were). However, soft morphs don't work when you have significant pose changes that affect perspectives of the limbs. For core sprites, yeah, they are drawn frame-by-frame, because the girl is spinning and waving her hands energetically. There is also some hand drawn motion blur in some frames, as you can see.
Yeah, as of now I took a look at her textures along with some monsters' ones, Ellen seems to be the only one to have key-framed core animations while monsters have the "split and individually move and warp" approach, sex scenes included.

Reactions: Hfreak

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
Of course,but U can use AssetStudio extraction by yourself
Ok, trying to learn this.

However, having trouble with certain parts.

Specifically, trying to extract Eve's two portraits:
1. Side portrait at "START GAME" opening screen.
2. Main menu portrait in-game.

Both of these have animations, and one of them gets naked.

If these could be extracted, that opens the possibility of a new edit for the opening....

kwanlier

Oct 26, 2019

If these could be extracted, that opens the possibility of a new edit for the opening....
Hey, me and MarshmallowCasserole are also editing the in game portrait (mainly done by MarshmallowCasserole , I just give him some idea) by tinkering with the asset into something like this ->

1323295_2021-07-AlienQuest-EVE-513.png
I'M PROUDLY PRESENT ELLEN IN A SHEER HIGH CUT LEOTARD :love::love::love:

Idk_SFM

Mar 21, 2020

I never really knew how to extract animations from unity i only ever knew you could extract Textures and Audio

Kvliam

Aug 4, 2020

Her animation in main menu has a naked version too, you just need to click on her breast to view it.

As for her assets themselves, I believe these are the correct ones if you haven't extract them yourself yet. I don't really know why there are two versions of her main menu appearance, but one could assume the game uses the higher resolution one, which is also more segmented.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
Her animation in main menu has a naked version too, you just need to click on her breast to view it.

As for her assets themselves, I believe these are the correct ones if you haven't extract them yourself yet. I don't really know why there are two versions of her main menu appearance, but one could assume the game uses the higher resolution one, which is also more segmented.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks for this.

Been doing some testing, unfortunately my skill at animating is not the best.

I may require a more talented artist. However, I believe I can get a conceptual mockup of a new opening if people are interested.

Reactions: Mantantra

Hfreak

Apr 5, 2021
Is it possible that since we can extract the audio files, is there a way we can add another audio track into the background music list of the game. I'm not talking about replacing the existing ones rather like just being able to add any other choice of audio to the list n then b able to toggle/choose between which audio file we want to b played in-game.

Last edited:

Mantantra

Jul 19, 2021
kwanlier
I noticed some of the users here wanted to be able to reduce the mind state back to "calm", including myself.

I had a poke around in the code and managed to do it while changing up a few things here and there for my personal use.

Rewrote a lot of dialogue and even managed to figure out how to dynamically change the inventory menu image based on the mental state (also if shes been creampied too). The dialogue also dynamically changes based on both her mental state and arousal state.

Files are too large to upload here and because I basically made edits to the foundation of your kmod I dont want to just post it.

I'd be happy to give it to you though, if you wanted to use it or incorporate my changes into your kmod?

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
kwanlier
Rewrote a lot of dialogue and even managed to figure out how to dynamically change the inventory menu image based on the mental state (also if shes been creampied too). The dialogue also dynamically changes based on both her mental state and arousal state.
That's impressive. I've been tinkering changing the menu, but it's good to see you figured it out.

Mantantra

Jul 19, 2021
That's impressive. I've been tinkering changing the menu, but it's good to see you figured it out.
Took me longer than I care to admit honestly. I'd be very interested to see what you've done with the opening menu animation too.

The way the textures are set up is kinda baffling to me since some are loaded as material to gameObjects and others are just slapped on as a sprite. The materials you can sort of work with and change but the ones loaded as sprites I'm not sure you can really do much with besides just replacing their textures.

I'd love to work with some of the other posters around here to get some big mod going, I think that'd be pretty cool.

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
One idea that is obviously far beyond the scope of my editing skills would be to use the existing assets for pregnancy.

We could edit the chestburster animation to be non gore and actually sexy.

1. Remove the blood.
2. Move the larva sprite to between her legs.
3. Have it pop out of her pussy instead.

For gameplay:
1. Add a (hidden) timer from when she gets impregnated.
2. Have her do "distressed" sprites to show something's growing, like the sprite from the menu that has her shriek when you click on her.
3. Eventually have to lie down and spread her legs to let it out.

Some games do things like that already, like Iris in Labryrinth of Demons or Parasite in City.

Sypheria

Nov 6, 2019
We could edit the chestburster animation to be non gore and actually sexy.

1. Remove the blood.
2. Move the larva sprite to between her legs.
3. Have it pop out of her pussy instead.
You'd have to edit the attack animation and everything as well, because the mouth and the vagina are not connected. At all.

SPACE!man

Jan 3, 2020
You'd have to edit the attack animation and everything as well, because the mouth and the vagina are not connected. At all.
It'd have to pop out the butt, given the connection. That might be kinda ew for players though.

It'd be far easier just keeping the hugger as is, but instead of impregnating her it merely makes her cum and makes her pass out. After that, when she's defeated by it, you could fade to black, teleport her to another location (like the door transition) and have her still face hugged but now getting fucked by aliens.

It'd be a lot more work, but it'd make the huggers less guro/ryona and more corruption/submission.

MarshmallowCasserole

Jun 7, 2018
They are if you count osmosis and nutrient transport as a valid connection, lol.

But, maybe you are overthinking it. The facehugger animation has her positioned sideways, with the thigh totally obstructing a view of her privates. So it will crawl from somewhere between her legs and you... would not spend a lot of time thinking about it.

And the attack animation does feature an appendage molesting her down there anyways.

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
Haha, it's a fantasy world and she's literally carrying a magical wand...how is fantastical biology any different? Human cross species impregnation isn't possible in reality, so unless you want full scientific accuracy, there's gonna be some unrealistic elements to a sexual fantasy.

But, that being said, if you wanted an actual scientific explanation to suspend belief:

The impregnator has developed a unique form of reproduction. Instead of wastefully killing the host with eggs, it evolved a specialized parasitical fluid. When ingested, said fluid is absorbed into her body via the bloodstream, changing her biology and causing her eggs to become fertilized from within. Shortly after, she gives birth to a new parasite, which then repeats the process, allowing multiple births.

4.50 star(s) 116 Votes