4.50 star(s) 113 Votes

dusty stu

Jan 24, 2018
There are exactly those animations in the game already. All of the gallery animations that can be unlocked with the F1 key are in the game and can be seen during gameplay when you get knocked down by taking damage
Odd. Whenever I got hit by an enemy, i would just get knocked back and take damage. Do all enemies have a 'pin' attack, or just some? (Maybe I got unlucky).

MagicSlay

Dec 2, 2017
Yes I played it.
? 99% of these kind of games is to fail to see anything. Beating the game doesn't unlock anything (though, tbf it should) so in order to see "the good stuff" you need to get hit enough or just outright die and let whatever take you.

Though, again, tbf. I've rarely had any enemy "pin" me when I was naked and had to rely on dying to see anything. That's most enemies. If you truly played the game as you've said, you would have come across at least 2-4 enemy "pins" while being naked. (assuming you made it at least halfway)

I do agree that I'd like some interaction between enemy and 'armor'. Being torn off or w/e. BUT, some games that do, do that make it look too clunky and would be better off if they just had it removed after x damage.

Reactions: ᴏᴄᴛᴏ

boloyolo

Feb 22, 2018
The arms that appear on the platforms in the spaceship boss battle room will strip you if they catch you, but apart from that it's pretty unreliable to lose your clothing. It's probably a combination of hits you take and how much damage you take, or something. Or you could just use that modded assembly file and press backspace lul

There is also the consideration that the enemy you're facing isn't one that has an animation for the player. AFAIK there's nothing for the variants of the little stumpy enemies you first encounter, and the swole pyramid-head with the tentaclehand only has an animation with the female zombie enemy ignore me, I'm wrong here.

Odd. Whenever I got hit by an enemy, i would just get knocked back and take damage. Do all enemies have a 'pin' attack, or just some? (Maybe I got unlucky).
It's not so much a "pin" animation, but if the character is naked and the enemy feels randy, it'll stop its attack patterns and just start walking toward you instead. This is pretty observable with the fat pyramid head that wants to be touhou, and the charging sword-arm fat guy.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
Someone posted Grim's roadmap a while back in the topic (however reliable that will be) and it seemed he wanted to get 0.14 out by May, and then a 1.0 release by September.
Just to clarify, that roadmap is from last year. So the plan was to release it September of 2018.
You need to enable H animations without game over in the options menu, if you haven't already.
the swole pyramid-head with the tentaclehand only has an animation with the female zombie enemy.
That's not true. He also has an animation with the MC.

Reactions: cooldude33

boloyolo

Feb 22, 2018
You're absolutely right, he does have an animation with MC, don't know how I missed it in the gallery. Changed my post.

On an unrelated note, @AugoeidesCrowley your map is missing a MP+40 at this location here, though it's listed on GrimSlay's map. It's hidden at the top of a vertical shaft that you have to place a bomb to reveal.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PervyMage32

Jul 29, 2017
Someone posted Grim's roadmap a while back in the topic (however reliable that will be) and it seemed he wanted to get 0.14 out by May, and then a 1.0 release by September.
You might be wrong there. The last time I saw someone post Grimhelm's roadmap here, it looked like the same roadmap that he released last year, because originally, the full game was supposed to be released last year in September. At least, as far as I know, anyway. I could be the one confused on this topic, but I'm pretty sure he didn't have a new roadmap yet, since he's taking it easy (although, I am a bit dated on this thread and the subject).

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
You might be wrong there. The last time I saw someone post Grimhelm's roadmap here, it looked like the same roadmap that he released last year, because originally, the full game was supposed to be released last year in September. At least, as far as I know, anyway. I could be the one confused on this topic, but I'm pretty sure he didn't have a new roadmap yet, since he's taking it easy (although, I am a bit dated on this thread and the subject).
You are correct. That roadmap is very old.

genoration

Nov 4, 2017
Hopefully, thanks to his patreon being back n junk, we can see a possible new road map or at least plans on future updates / estimates on next releases. Right now tho I doubt we will get another demo release till August / September at earliest due to him typically taking his time on updates. It will probably be later than my estimations though.

MagicSlay

Dec 2, 2017
Hopefully, thanks to his patreon being back n junk, we can see a possible new road map or at least plans on future updates / estimates on next releases. Right now tho I doubt we will get another demo release till August / September at earliest due to him typically taking his time on updates. It will probably be later than my estimations though.
I would hope so but his patreon is still "closed" (the $12 to get the game.) Thankfully he did leave at least something people can donate towards. Though slow with updates he does fine work. I just hope he follows through with the game since he's tired of making action games. (Doesn't seem like the kinda guy but still.)

Reactions: MeepMoop123

KofiCatto

Dec 28, 2018
Can someone please give me a complete save file of this game, not just the gallery but also the completed game save file :3 TYIA

MagicSlay

Dec 2, 2017
The game isn't even hard dude. Don't tell me you don't actually play the games you wish to download. I can understand VN's but why in games that are actual games?
Not to mention an action demo. A game that effectively doesn't have a "completed" save as you can just hit F1 (on 13a ofc.) I understand for VNs and RPGs (and perhaps some action games requiring some work, ergo, Sakura Fighter or w/e it's called) but you literally don't need a helping hand for this game as F1 is a thing.

Though the only thing you'd need to work I guess is the Facehugger (since that's sadly not in the CG section.)

Blackmist

Feb 14, 2018
dam downloaded and finished in about 25 min(not caring for upgrades n what not and just head fo da finish) and i need more. but seeing the comments above me i really shouldn't get ma hopes up. played grimhelm games b4 and hot dam this be a good one.... better meditate till next update... or can someone link me up to games similar to this?

MagicSlay

Dec 2, 2017
dam downloaded and finished in about 25 min(not caring for upgrades n what not and just head fo da finish) and i need more. but seeing the comments above me i really shouldn't get ma hopes up. played grimhelm games b4 and hot dam this be a good one.... better meditate till next update... or can someone link me up to games similar to this?
His other two games are great. Dark Star, the first one, has some enemies that are the same that you've seen in this game. Not to mention it's pretty short, about the same as this demo if I'd bet on it. The second game, Dungeon & Maid has much more content than either (since this is still a demo duh). And it also has somewhat of a plot (less so than this game but more than DS). You can find both here on this site if you search for either Dark Star / Dungeon & Maid

They're both completed ofc and are extremely solid games.

Reactions: Xol

Blackmist

Feb 14, 2018
His other two games are great. Dark Star, the first one, has some enemies that are the same that you've seen in this game. Not to mention it's pretty short, about the same as this demo if I'd bet on it. The second game, Dungeon & Maid has much more content than either (since this is still a demo duh). And it also has somewhat of a plot (less so than this game but more than DS). You can find both here on this site if you search for either Dark Star / Dungeon & Maid

They're both completed ofc and are extremely solid games.
ah thank you for your time. yes i agree his other games were pretty solid and nice(despite how short it was) sadly i have completed those games b4. any other recommendations?(just found out that this game existed)

MagicSlay

Dec 2, 2017
any other recommendations
It's difficult for me to say as something like this is a gem. They are done extremely well and are clearly visible in showing dedication was put into 'em.

If you're looking for a solid action game such as this I would recommend, Fighting Girl Sakura-R by Curecure82 and Fighting Girl Mei (by the same guy/group.)

I am currently stressed for time and need to leave before I posted this. That's all I can say for now. Not sure what your thing(s) is so it's hard to say, other games are Parasite in City, Anthophobia, Future Fragments (demo), and Divine Arms (also demo).

genoration

Nov 4, 2017
I would hope so but his patreon is still "closed" (the $12 to get the game.) Thankfully he did leave at least something people can donate towards. Though slow with updates he does fine work. I just hope he follows through with the game since he's tired of making action games. (Doesn't seem like the kinda guy but still.)

I doubt he'd abandon it due to how much work is already in it. He'd be able to easily juice out the rest by just finishing the last 6 anims and adding those monsters, or just not add anything and create color varients of all the monsters for stronger ones, ezpz.

PervyMage32

Jul 29, 2017
I doubt he'd abandon it due to how much work is already in it. He'd be able to easily juice out the rest by just finishing the last 6 anims and adding those monsters, or just not add anything and create color varients of all the monsters for stronger ones, ezpz.
The game is basically done, I don't think he plans on making it very long. There's really only one Key Card left (I'm 99% certain that the Orange Key Card is behind the Data Room where the demo stops), unless the game will be extended in other ways (special suits to enter new areas, etc.)

Based on his older roadmap images, Grimhelm already has the models and the animations mostly finished too. Maybe he's just pressed for personal time or coding is time consuming? Either way, it'll get done, he's already promised as much.

Reactions: Not_A_Horse

dafvid112

Aug 8, 2017
If any game will be finished, it is this one. He worked even while the idiots at patreon fucked with support.

4.50 star(s) 113 Votes