yourdaddy555

Apr 5, 2019
OP Updated

Alison Fall of the Apple [v0.4] Kompressed

lossy compression was used, so the image quality is slightly worse than the original

PC(223 MB): - - - -
MAC(207 MB): - - - -
Bro..is this stable ..I have used some compressed version before and it was buggy

Reactions: Otyi
May 4, 2017
Okay so gave this a shot to see if it's worth supporting or not.

1. The Writing Sucks
If you're gonna narrate things don't have the characters explain things in their thoughts as well. Example - MC drives feels this and that and he is unsure of whatever. And then have the same exact thing said by the character in his/her thoughts. The scenes are drawn out too much(sometimes less is more). What I mean by that the characters talk then they think about what one of them said and talk again then think again. I don't know if the writer is going for cute or whatever it just doesn't stick it takes away from the immersion we do not need to think what every character is always thinking. My biggest problem with the writing is in chapter one where the partner of the MC comes to his home and proceeds to tell what had just transpired outside the MC's apartment now that would've been fine but we already saw what happened and then had the same scene replayed for a second time word for word render for render. Now I'm not saying the writing is the worst I've seen worse but it's up there and is in need of drastic improvement.

2. The Design Is All Over The Place
The character design is not consistent and realistic mainly Alison. Her ass must be taking some drugs because I swear from when you see it, it gets bigger then smaller then even bigger again depending on the scenario. Her body seems to be able to bend no human's body should be able to(is she possessed?) just to fit the frame. Her body looks super weird in certain renders and she is need of extreme polish. As for the other characters they're fine I suppose. Also there was a scene which bothered me a lot when she gets Angry at the MC because she doesn't know how to feel(the writing in the scene could be better but it is the best in the novel) because it is a real thing that real people do they get angry when they don't know how to deal with things mainly not adults. But back to the problem Alison runs out in the hallway and sits down and the MC runs out after her and shouts her name It made me wonder how big is this hallway?

3. The story is interesting but the writing is killing it
The story is pretty interesting and unique - ish but as I stated above the writing is bad and it takes away from the story quite a bit.

4. Conclusion
It is not the worst novel out there but it is up there it needs lots of improvement in the writing and the design choices. It has potential to stand there at the top with the best but at the moment is being held back by bad writing and bad design choices.
So dear developer if you are reading this do not take it the wrong way this is not a personal attack. It is just a critique of your work. The way that the game is at this moment is not worth my support. Do consider some of the things I mentioned or not the choice is yours.

TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018
I agree Alisons ass was better before the steroid injections. I like some junk in the trunk but it has gone a bit too far. No longer a hot ass but now just cartoonish and freakish which drifted into not so hot ass.

Reactions: Hyped
Jun 20, 2018

1. The Writing Sucks
If you're gonna narrate things don't have the characters explain things in their thoughts as well. Example - MC drives feels this and that and he is unsure of whatever. And then have the same exact thing said by the character in his/her thoughts. The scenes are drawn out too much(sometimes less is more). What I mean by that the characters talk then they think about what one of them said and talk again then think again. I don't know if the writer is going for cute or whatever it just doesn't stick it takes away from the immersion we do not need to think what every character is always thinking. My biggest problem with the writing is in chapter one where the partner of the MC comes to his home and proceeds to tell what had just transpired outside the MC's apartment now that would've been fine but we already saw what happened and then had the same scene replayed for a second time word for word render for render. Now I'm not saying the writing is the worst I've seen worse but it's up there and is in need of drastic improvement.

The character design is not consistent and realistic mainly Alison. Her ass must be taking some drugs because I swear from when you see it, it gets bigger then smaller then even bigger again depending on the scenario. Her body seems to be able to bend no human's body should be able to(is she possessed?) just to fit the frame. Her body looks super weird in certain renders and she is need of extreme polish. As for the other characters they're fine I suppose. Also there was a scene which bothered me a lot when she gets Angry at the MC because she doesn't know how to feel(the writing in the scene could be better but it is the best in the novel) because it is a real thing that real people do they get angry when they don't know how to deal with things mainly not adults. But back to the problem Alison runs out in the hallway and sits down and the MC runs out after her and shouts her name It made me wonder how big is this hallway?

The story is pretty interesting and unique - ish but as I stated above the writing is bad and it takes away from the story quite a bit.

4. Conclusion
It is not the worst novel out there but it is up there it needs lots of improvement in the writing and the design choices. It has potential to stand there at the top with the best but at the moment is being held back by bad writing and bad design choices.
So dear developer if you are reading this do not take it the wrong way this is not a personal attack. It is just a critique of your work. The way that the game is at this moment is not worth my support. Do consider some of the things I mentioned or not the choice is yours.
I hope the dev can take it in a good way..critique and complaining make this game more better in the future...i dont have any complaint,i already love it:love:

Reactions: OneManVN

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
HEre ... ON this very page ... MAn of VN said:

"Hey guys, I've sent build links to UncleVT for the latest 0.4 builds with the ability to choose your own name. Everyone will have to start a fresh game. Sorry but that's just the way it is "

Moral of this statement ? -> START A NEW GAME IN THE LATEST GAME BUILD!
I admit I misread the changelog as "might need to start a new game" instead of you HAVE to start a new game but meh I fixed it easily enough with the console no new game needed

Reactions: Canto Forte

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
I admit I misread the changelog as "might need to start a new game" instead of you HAVE to start a new game but meh I fixed it easily enough with the console no new game needed
I don't expect everyone to know how to use the console, so as far as I am concerned? People need to start fresh, those who have the expertise can do whatever works for them :)

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
I hope the dev can take it in a good way..critique and complaining make this game more better in the future...i dont have any complaint,i already love it:love:
The dev is doing what he's been doing since November, working daily on the game. There will be those who like it, as many have stated themselves. And those who hate it for (Insert reason here.) I'm just going to do the best I can, and if people don't like it, there are likely over 1000 different titles to try out there right about now. I don't get involved with opinions on here anymore :)

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
I agree Alisons ass was better before the steroid injections. I like some junk in the trunk but it has gone a bit too far. No longer a hot ass but now just cartoonish and freakish which drifted into not so hot ass.
And then there are those who agree that it is way better now. So that right there is why I decide which character will look the way it does and nobody else. There is just no way to please everyone, so I'm not trying too.

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018

1. The Writing Sucks

4. Conclusion
I appreciate you taking the time to play it and here is my answer. Please come forth and show us your writing skills, I am certain that everyone here would appreciate someone else who knows how to write and tell a story becoming part of the team. I work alone in this, so seeing as you know everything that's wrong with it, I am going to go ahead and assume you also know how to fix it? I am willing to let you fix it and then we can release it with the hope that every single person who plays it likes it and finds nothing wrong with it. Please let me know if you are willing to do that.

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
Start compressing the games assets down. The filesizes are a real annoyance for everyone while the drop in image quality hardly is.

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
Start compressing the games assets down. The filesizes are a real annoyance for everyone while the drop in image quality hardly is.
They are compressed... And if they are an annoyance, don't download it :) Once patrons start asking me to compromise quality further in order to make the file size smaller I will do just that. Have a great weekend.

TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018
And then there are those who agree that it is way better now. So that right there is why I decide which character will look the way it does and nobody else. There is just no way to please everyone, so I'm not trying too.
You do you. Still weird looking though :)

BigLurker

Jun 16, 2018
Here is me, trying to choose one of the routes.

Love, easy pick
Harem, casual beer drinking route and see al the pics/animations
Pet, fuck it route, and still feeling bad about it.

Love the game, pacing and models. The butt changes a bit too much, but its ok.

Keep it up!

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
I appreciate you taking the time to play it and here is my answer. Please come forth and show us your writing skills, I am certain that everyone here would appreciate someone else who knows how to write and tell a story becoming part of the team. I work alone in this, so seeing as you know everything that's wrong with it, I am going to go ahead and assume you also know how to fix it? I am willing to let you fix it and then we can release it with the hope that every single person who plays it likes it and finds nothing wrong with it. Please let me know if you are willing to do that.
To your comment about writing skills...that's not how it works. That's like saying you need to be a good cook to realize a dish is shit, or be a director to know if a movie is garbage. You don't.

I'd suggest you pay attention to the negative feedback and if you see a common theme from different sources (e.g writing issues), then it's most likely something that needs fixing. Or you could ignore everything and everyone and do your own thing, it's your game after all.

• Sad
Reactions: Halfelf

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
1: dev is a booty man and he cannot control himself..very understandable..Alison has hypergluteitis..HAHAAA!!!
2: this is his first go at a game...everything is NEW to him...and for a first time..he's already well advanced over MANY who have done multiple games.
3: ya..she is possessed by a living nano form inside her that takes over..she has "powers" and can do amazing things..super reflexes strength agility as is noticeable from many scenes in the game..(mainly in the love path)
4: if there is a mess..and i hate to critique something i enjoy..but i cannot let bias cloud my judgement...its that the 3 routes are completely unconnected in narrative it seems..yes the same dames appear..but the story's are unique(ish) so i ask..is there actually 3 separate games or will they one day converge? because it is confusing to say the least :p
5: he's one of the top 5 (imho) dev's when it comes to interaction with the forum here..so i myself give him thumbs up for that.

May 4, 2017
so seeing as you know everything that's wrong with it, I am going to go ahead and assume you also know how to fix it? I am willing to let you fix it and then we can release it with the hope that every single person who plays it likes it and finds nothing wrong with it. Please let me know if you are willing to do that.
I already told you what I think is a downside of the game, you blow every scene out of proportions. You narrate it then have the characters talk about it and then proceed to explain it in their thoughts. Tone it down writing problem fixed. I would love to work with you but I am unable to accept that as I am in the process of making my own visual novel.

P.S. It is not an attack it's a critique do not take it personally it is not personal. I have nothing against you or your game, I simply pointed out the flaws I think it has.

Reactions: OneManVN
3.40 star(s) 79 Votes