okabe21

May 26, 2017
I believe someone compressed the patch a few pages back, it was 32 mb.
Hi dev, Im confused. this is my first time going to play your game. The compressed version you are talking about is 0.4.2 only right? And in the OP there is this "Patch: 0.4.1 to 0.4.2" it really confused me i thought it was 0.4.1 version because i haven't played your game so i dont have older version but as soon i click the link it says Fixed in the name and also it says about putting audio on audio folder etc . So it must be a bug fix. I searched in this thread and saw compressed 0.4.1 , 400+ mb. But i saw some other comment saying about being buggy because of compression, the original file size is 2gb and i can't download huge file. @_@

Reactions: Canto Forte

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
Hi confused this is my first time going to play your game. The compressed version ypu are talking about ia 0.4.2 only right? And in the OP there is this "Patch: 0.4.1 to 0.4.2" it really confused me i thought it was 0.4.1 version because i haven't played your game so i dont have older version but as soon i clico the link it says like Fixed . So it must be a bug fix. I searched in this thread and saw compressed 0.4.1 , 400+ mb. But i saw some other comment saying about being buggy because of compression, the original file size is 2gb and i can't download huge file. @_@
I'm really sorry then. If you don't have the previous version the compressed patch version will not help you. However, there may be a compressed version of 0.4.1 you can download first. I found it for you, that's how awesome I am. https://f95zone.to/threads/alison-fall-of-the-apple-v0-4-2-onemanvn.20766/page-120#post-1975211 This is the 0.4.1 if you download that, you can then download the 32MB patch which will make this build 0.4.2 hopefully that works. Otherwise, there is nothing I can do. I don't make the compressions.

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
Doing a clean restart solved the looping issue. I must have been a broken trigger.
I really wish I knew wtf causes it, it is driving me mad. I have literally replayed and tried every available option. And unless someone intentionally, or accidentally chose anything but "Unleash the beast" it should not break. 100 times currently I have tested it.

zielony2

Dec 16, 2017
I'm really sorry then. If you don't have the previous version the compressed patch version will not help you. However, there may be a compressed version of 0.4.1 you can download first. I found it for you, that's how awesome I am. https://f95zone.to/threads/alison-fall-of-the-apple-v0-4-2-onemanvn.20766/page-120#post-1975211 This is the 0.4.1 if you download that, you can then download the 32MB patch which will make this build 0.4.2 hopefully that works. Otherwise, there is nothing I can do. I don't make the compressions.
Thx

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Hi dev, Im confused. this is my first time going to play your game. The compressed version you are talking about is 0.4.2 only right? And in the OP there is this "Patch: 0.4.1 to 0.4.2" it really confused me i thought it was 0.4.1 version because i haven't played your game so i dont have older version but as soon i click the link it says Fixed in the name and also it says about putting audio on audio folder etc . So it must be a bug fix. I searched in this thread and saw compressed 0.4.1 , 400+ mb. But i saw some other comment saying about being buggy because of compression, the original file size is 2gb and i can't download huge file. @_@
This is the patch ...
Alison Fall of the Apple [v0.4.2] patch only [OneManVN] (444 mb rar pc source)

32 mb rar unofficial pc compressed (slightly reduced image/video/audio quality):
done by UnRen v0.7 (Sam@f95zone) & Cruncher v0.3.1(BAS@f95zone)

Reactions: OneManVN

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
I really wish I knew wtf causes it, it is driving me mad. I have literally replayed and tried every available option. And unless someone intentionally, or accidentally chose anything but "Unleash the beast" it should not break. 100 times currently I have tested it.
This is standard Ren'Py issue. The usual culprits are: Fasforwarding, making a choice that sets a trigger than reload a save where the trigger suppose to be 0 but instead remains 1. Ren'py sometimes have issues with savescaming basically. I'm pretty sure it can be stabilized as not all game have this but its kinda frequent in VNs where the coder isn't an actual "pro". For example this never happened in Milfy City but happens all the time with My Cute Roommate, happens in Mindnight Paradise and in a hole bunch of other games i didn't care to remember their names when this occured. Mostly its the savescaming what i described. Triggers fail to reset after a reload.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
All this sowing and tying of the threads into one big exponential expansion of this VN universe got me tingly ... there is still hope for all devs up there in the multiverse to tidy up their codes and evolve.

Happy Butterfly transformation!

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
This is standard Ren'Py issue. The usual culprits are: Fasforwarding, making a choice that sets a trigger than reload a save where the trigger suppose to be 0 but instead remains 1. Ren'py sometimes have issues with savescaming basically. I'm pretty sure it can stabilized as not all game have this but its kinda frequent in VNs where the coder isn't an actual "pro". For example this never happened in Milfy City but happens all the time with My Cute Roommate, happens in Mindnight Paradise and in a hole bunch of other games i didn't care to remember their names when this occured. Mostly its the savescaming what i described. Triggers fail to reset after a reload.
That's just it though. I don't do triggers that get set off by you skipping with your face pressed against the keyboard. They are in the form of a menu always. So if anything it's renpy side, not code. I will, however, try to use Tab skipping instead of Ctrl which is what I use instead.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This is standard Ren'Py issue. The usual culprits are: Fasforwarding, making a choice that sets a trigger than reload a save where the trigger suppose to be 0 but instead remains 1. Ren'py sometimes have issues with savescaming basically. I'm pretty sure it can stabilized as not all game have this but its kinda frequent in VNs where the coder isn't an actual "pro". For example this never happened in Milfy City but happens all the time with My Cute Roommate, happens in Mindnight Paradise and in a hole bunch of other games i didn't care to remember their names when this occures. Mostly its the savescaming what i described. Triggers fail to reset after a reload.
Persistent files are persistent. Not only on android ... win pc keeps the left overs in the oven and mac pc freezes them under lock and key for eons to come.

Do make a choice to start over with each great update ... otherwise dev has to forget his progression and abandon story for aesthetics.

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
Persistent files are persistent. Not only on android ... win pc keeps the left overs in the oven and mac pc freezes them under lock and key for eons to come.

Do make a choice to start over with each great update ... otherwise dev has to forget his progression and abandon story for aesthetics.
I'm never doing that, so don't you worry. If people break the game because they can't bother to read tips, or the actual text, then I give no fucks. As in zero, 0. I only care about the game-breaking under normal conditions. Maybe when I have like a whole 50 patrons I'll look for some coding expert/modder to start helping me do some shiny up the game, UI, etc.

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
This is standard Ren'Py issue. The usual culprits are: Fasforwarding, making a choice that sets a trigger than reload a save where the trigger suppose to be 0 but instead remains 1. Ren'py sometimes have issues with savescaming basically. I'm pretty sure it can be stabilized as not all game have this but its kinda frequent in VNs where the coder isn't an actual "pro". For example this never happened in Milfy City but happens all the time with My Cute Roommate, happens in Mindnight Paradise and in a hole bunch of other games i didn't care to remember their names when this occured. Mostly its the savescaming what i described. Triggers fail to reset after a reload.
Thanks for letting me know though dude. I am going to try and break it myself, hopefully, it will help me understand why it happens. Then I can fix it.

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
Thanks a mill bud. I finally figured it out. It's only one of the goddamn options that lead to a loop. "Degrade"

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Thanks for letting me know though dude. I am going to try and break it myself, hopefully, it will help me understand why it happens. Then I can fix it.
I advise your to contact Tacito and rayminator who are selflressy trying (with success) fixing the issues of My Cure Roommate has. And trust me, it sure had a handful. They may give you insight of this savescam. Or mayby not. I'd say Maim too but he is busy fixing Midnight Paradise and thats a paid job :sneaky:

3.40 star(s) 79 Votes