OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
The PT-BR translation of the prologue is now ready, as well as menus, etc. "English message to follow."

A tradução oficial de AFOTA e THE SHRiNK está em andamento. Esta é só a primeira parte, também espero que vocês mostrem seu apoio aos meus projetos para garantir que essas traduções continuem sendo feitas em todos os meus projetos futuros.
Para conseguir testar a tradução você poderá precisar usar o unren para descompactar todos os arquivos que estão em formato de .rpa. Uma versão completa da mesma será lançada assim que for finalizada.

The official translation for AFOTA and THE SHRiNK has started. This is the first part, and I hope you will show your support for my projects to ensure these translations keep coming for all of my future projects.
Please note that in order to try this, you may be required to unren the current build of the game from it's.rpa format. A complete build will be released as soon as it is done.

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
The PT-BR translation of the prologue is now ready, as well as menus, etc. "English message to follow."

A tradução oficial de AFOTA e THE SHRiNK está em andamento. Esta é só a primeira parte, também espero que vocês mostrem seu apoio aos meus projetos para garantir que essas traduções continuem sendo feitas em todos os meus projetos futuros.
Para conseguir testar a tradução você poderá precisar usar o unren para descompactar todos os arquivos que estão em formato de .rpa. Uma versão completa da mesma será lançada assim que for finalizada.

The official translation for AFOTA and THE SHRiNK has started. This is the first part, and I hope you will show your support for my projects to ensure these translations keep coming for all of my future projects.
Please note that in order to try this, you may be required to unren the current build of the game from it's.rpa format. A complete build will be released as soon as it is done.
There shouldn't be a need to unren. The .rpy files should override the files packed inside the .rpa files.

Reactions: OneManVN

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
There shouldn't be a need to unren. The .rpy files should override the files packed inside the .rpa files.
I'm covering my ass, as do all modders who deal with these sort of things. My translator said that at times, the normal approach may not work, that's when unren becomes a necessity, I suppose. Thanks though, appreciate it.

Reactions: GrammerCop

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
Just completed my first run of this game (Harem route) and really enjoyed it. A question though: I saw that there's a tag for futa/trans, but never encounter such a character. Are they exclusive to the Love route or one of the Dom ones?

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Just completed my first run of this game (Harem route) and really enjoyed it. A question though: I saw that there's a tag for futa/trans, but never encounter such a character. Are they exclusive to the Love route or one of the Dom ones?
Dom route if I remember correctly and it's skippable if you're not into it.

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
I AM into it and was watching for it XD. Thanks (y)
Once love is finished (currently working on the last update for it) Harem will "expand" and seeing as Harem and Dom will continue to be developed for as long as my paying patrons vote to keep going, expect to see plenty of that on both, in the near future.

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
One personal complaint I have, just for the non-serious purpose of venting: I almost always name the protagonists that I like to self-inject into after myself... Eric. I discovered that it is apparently some running gag among h-game developers to very often have an NPC named Eric in their game (apparently referencing a character in a game called "Big Brother"?). It makes things so awkward for me sometimes. And in this game, the Eric just had to be... well... you know, the biggest douche in the game. FML :LOL:

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
Once love is finished (currently working on the last update for it) Harem will "expand" and seeing as Harem and Dom will continue to be developed for as long as my paying patrons vote to keep going, expect to see plenty of that on both, in the near future.
I don't know anything about game development. So I don't know if it would even be mechanically possible, considering the format of this game, but I love the idea of the game ending in a sandbox state. Being able to move around the mansion and interact with all the hotties. Probably not doable though. I'll have to make do with the Gallery and my own imagination XD

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
I don't know anything about game development. So I don't know if it would even be mechanically possible, considering the format of this game, but I love the idea of the game ending in a sandbox state. Being able to move around the mansion and interact with all the hotties. Probably not doable though. I'll have to make do with the Gallery and my own imagination XD
Afraid so on the sandbox front. It's not liked by everyone, and although doable currently for me, it would be a lot of extra work for nothing. As for Eric, you are correct, it's hard to resist naming someone Eric when his last name is Von-douchenbach. Anyhow, don't worry about Harem too much, I've learned a lot in my last 2 years as a creator. We'll get a lot more freedom moving forward, and less story focus.

Reactions: RabidSloth

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
Afraid so on the sandbox front. It's not liked by everyone, and although doable currently for me, it would be a lot of extra work for nothing. As for Eric, you are correct, it's hard to resist naming someone Eric when his last name is Von-douchenbach. Anyhow, don't worry about Harem too much, I've learned a lot in my last 2 years as a creator. We'll get a lot more freedom moving forward, and less story focus.
Nice to hear. There are several things I could compliment the game on, but one that just happens to be sticking out in my mind at the moment that I very much enjoyed is Nadia. I'm really into her character (and body). Also really like that there's both a Dom and Sub route for her. I hope that gets expanded upon too in future updates :)

Edit: Oh and just personal preference/feedback: I definitely prefer the default Pixie cut on Alison. She's just too adorable with it not to :giggle:

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
Nice to hear. There are several things I could compliment the game on, but one that just happens to be sticking out in my mind at the moment that I very much enjoyed is Nadia. I'm really into her character (and body). Also really like that there's both a Dom and Sub route for her. I hope that gets expanded upon too in future updates :)
I don't create a path unless I intend to keep it alive. So, yes. Plenty of Sub/Dom down the road. The more support I get, the better my hardware becomes, and eventually I'll have a full team working on things I'm not able to (So updates don't take ages to come anymore) As a matter of fact, I already got a writer/coder we start working on my next project (Sometime soon). Anyhow, I must return to work now. Harem is next, after this love update, by the way :)

Reactions: RabidSloth

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
I don't create a path unless I intend to keep it alive. So, yes. Plenty of Sub/Dom down the road. The more support I get, the better my hardware becomes, and eventually I'll have a full team working on things I'm not able to (So updates don't take ages to come anymore) As a matter of fact, I already got a writer/coder we start working on my next project (Sometime soon). Anyhow, I must return to work now. Harem is next, after this love update, by the way :)
Best wishes to both you and to your current and future endeavors, good sir. I look forward to following the game =)

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
One personal complaint I have, just for the non-serious purpose of venting: I almost always name the protagonists that I like to self-inject into after myself... Eric. I discovered that it is apparently some running gag among h-game developers to very often have an NPC named Eric in their game (apparently referencing a character in a game called "Big Brother"?). It makes things so awkward for me sometimes. And in this game, the Eric just had to be... well... you know, the biggest douche in the game. FML :LOL:
One thing that I would think about doing were I making a game like this would be making it so if the player chooses a name that is the same as one of the characters have that character be named something else. It would be trivial to do and could potentially save a lot of confusion.

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
One thing that I would think about doing were I making a game like this would be making it so if the player chooses a name that is the same as one of the characters have that character be named something else. It would be trivial to do and could potentially save a lot of confusion.
Trivial? I think not. I would have to predict 10 billion names, or at least if "said character" random this name. And with as many characters as I have, it's still far from trivial. Anyhow, it's a price we must pay when allowed to choose a Character name. However, I suppose making it so the player can't name himself any current character name, would be possible, I suppose. Something to consider for my next project, that's for sure. I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
Trivial? I think not. I would have to predict 10 billion names, or at least if "said character" random this name. And with as many characters as I have, it's still far from trivial. Anyhow, it's a price we must pay when allowed to choose a Character name. However, I suppose making it so the player can't name himself any current character name, would be possible, I suppose. Something to consider for my next project, that's for sure. I'll keep that in mind, thanks.
Don't you dare make me unable to use my name! :p

• Haha

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
Don't you dare make me unable to use my name! :p
And, here we go, lol! I was waiting for it, seriously, I'm lmao. Also, in case someone takes it too seriously... I am fully aware of the rage-quit being unable to use your name would bring, I simply said I'll keep it in mind, not make sure you can't name yourselves BobTheMuffRaider. #Don'tyoudareTellmeWhatnameIcan'tuse

PhoenixFireeye

Nov 2, 2017
And, here we go, lol! I was waiting for it, seriously, I'm lmao. Also, in case someone takes it too seriously... I am fully aware of the rage-quit being unable to use your name would bring, I simply said I'll keep it in mind, not make sure you can't name yourselves BobTheMuffRaider. #Don'tyoudareTellmeWhatnameIcan'tuse
All you would need to do is, when on the screen where the player chooses their name, give a list of names currently used. Then if the player still decides to use a name already used, they are consenting to be confused about which character with that name is being talked about during the story.

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
All you would need to do is when on the screen where the player chooses their name, give a list of names currently used. Then if the player still decides to use a name already used, they are consenting to be confused about which character with that name is being talked about during the story.
And how do I do that with a game that's been a work in progress with characters that kept/keep being added? I wonder if people forget that there are many others who use the same name around the world. Not trying to be rude, I just don't see the point of doing the extra work over a name. Very few names in our world are unique. Do people get confused when they find out that there are 90.000 Erics in their city? No matter what I do, there will always be someone asking for something else or different. I started with fixed names, people wanted the ability to choose their own name, I added it, now it has become make sure my name is not in use. What next? "The new character you added 2 years into the development cycle conflicts with my current chosen name, this game sucks, I want a refund." If we could release fully completed games with character names already set in stone, it would be easy. That's not the case here, sadly.

3.40 star(s) 79 Votes