darth_hiruma

Jan 13, 2020
While all of you busy with name stuff, I will drop some thicc and update post:

ugf041.jpg
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Progress update - Love 1.0 and some future goals.
The images are raw (no editing is done yet) they are a bit of a spoiler, but I just couldn't help it. The THICCness scale was tilting and I couldn't handle keeping it to myself anymore. Feel free to start making assumptions and predictions :D
Now then. Over 500 renders, 16 animations are completed. With three more animations on the way in the next few days. And that will bring us to the ending of (villain 3 phase) once I am done with this final douche-bag. I am then switching my focus to the terrifying work ahead of me.
Why terrifying? Well, how should I put this... Three different endings to work on are giving me anxiety just thinking about them.
Alison/Alice - Mini - harem and finally Melissa ending. On top of that, I have to take into consideration the pregnancy choice. Let's just say that this is going to be an absolute nightmare of an update to put together once everything is done.
Anyhow... It needs to get done, and I'll do it, one way or the other. I just ask that you understand that I'm not taking extended vacations on one of my islands with your monthly payments.
This is just an enormous update, and I am working on it alone as you all know. Not an excuse by any means, simply a reminder of the facts.
As for those future goals, well, look at the new goal on my page. If I ever hit 2500, I intend to get a 48GB GPU which will be the foundation for my next project. I have maybe 6 months until I need to start rendering on that one, and I would love to be able to do it without feeling like my creativity was being limited by hardware.
If I want to make an impressive episode one, I can't afford to hold back on scene scale. With 24GB I could no doubt do a lot, but with 48 I could do double that. It's really that simple. The RTX A6000 is an insanely overpriced piece of hardware that's not worth half the price tag they ask for it.
However, it's either that or I get to live with "I really could have done this better if only I had X item" And I really hate feeling that way. I have not even started working on the project and I already feel the weight of its success or failure on my shoulders.
Okay. I've taken enough of your time. I thank you all for your continued support and appreciate the patience. I'll let you guys know once work has started on the endings.
Until then, stay safe, and if you can help it, sane.
This is for all those of you who have been by my side since day one. You know who you are.
It's been a long and hard journey to get to where I am today, but it wouldn't have been possible without you. Forever grateful: <3 OMVN.

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
And how do I do that with a game that's been a work in progress with characters that kept/keep being added? I wonder if people forget that there are many others who use the same name around the world. Not trying to be rude, I just don't see the point of doing the extra work over a name. Very few names in our world are unique. Do people get confused when they find out that there are 90.000 Erics in their city? No matter what I do, there will always be someone asking for something else or different. I started with fixed names, people wanted the ability to choose their own name, I added it, now it has become make sure my name is not in use. What next? "The new character you added 2 years into the development cycle conflicts with my current chosen name, this game sucks, I want a refund." If we could release fully completed games with character names already set in stone, it would be easy. That's not the case here, sadly.
There is a game which i don't seem to remember the name right now that tells the player which names are already used by npc in the story when we are typing the mc name.

Reactions: anotomfool

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Trivial? I think not. I would have to predict 10 billion names, or at least if "said character" random this name. And with as many characters as I have, it's still far from trivial. Anyhow, it's a price we must pay when allowed to choose a Character name. However, I suppose making it so the player can't name himself any current character name, would be possible, I suppose. Something to consider for my next project, that's for sure. I'll keep that in mind, thanks.
It wouldn't really be that hard;
Python:
python:
    mc.name = renpy.input("Enter player name:", default="Mark")
    mc.name = mc.name.strip()
    if not mc.name:
        mc.name = "Mark"
    if mc.name == "Eric":
        eric.name = "Steve"
    if mc.name == "Bob":
        bob.name = "Steve"
You'd only really need to do it for male characters, of which there aren't many. I doubt people naming themselves 'Alison' or 'Melissa' is a real problem.

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
It wouldn't really be that hard;
Python:
python:
    mc.name = renpy.input("Enter player name:", default="Mark")
    mc.name = mc.name.strip()
    if not mc.name:
        mc.name = "Mark"
    if mc.name == "Eric":
        eric.name = "Steve"
    if mc.name == "Bob":
        bob.name = "Steve"
You'd only really need to do it for male characters, of which there aren't many. I doubt people naming themselves 'Alison' or 'Melissa' is a real problem.
I know how to do it. So, it's not that. It's the fact that I have a bus full of male characters in 3 paths and they all have a name.
However, I'll ask my coder, and see what he can do. You know very well that I do my best to deliver when it comes to reasonable requests, and especially so when those requests come from paying patrons.

Reactions: _-Arima-_

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
I know how to do it. So, it's not that. It's the fact that I have a bus full of male characters in 3 paths and they all have a name.
However, I'll ask my coder, and see what he can do. You know very well that I do my best to deliver when it comes to reasonable requests, and especially so when those requests come from paying patrons.
Considering i'm not a paying patron (yet) and fairly unreasonable, i'll just keep my mouth shut....

really love this game btw!!! :love:

• Haha
Reactions: OneManVN

PhoenixFireeye

Nov 2, 2017
And how do I do that with a game that's been a work in progress with characters that kept/keep being added? I wonder if people forget that there are many others who use the same name around the world. Not trying to be rude, I just don't see the point of doing the extra work over a name. Very few names in our world are unique. Do people get confused when they find out that there are 90.000 Erics in their city? No matter what I do, there will always be someone asking for something else or different. I started with fixed names, people wanted the ability to choose their own name, I added it, now it has become make sure my name is not in use. What next? "The new character you added 2 years into the development cycle conflicts with my current chosen name, this game sucks, I want a refund." If we could release fully completed games with character names already set in stone, it would be easy. That's not the case here, sadly.
I'm not complaining about my name being used, cause the name I use is pretty unique, but I was just mentioning an option. There is at least one game that I play where 2 npcs have the same name, and I find it a little bit confusing when trying to figure out which npc is being referenced. It would be a lot less confusing if the MC has the same name as an npc because the MC is usually going to be in the scene.

I was thinking, wouldn't it be easier to make the MCs name a slightly different colour than npc names. Make it pale blue instead of white. That way there will be no confusion.

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
Damn it! I AM going senile, you told me that before me thinks.......
Oh, I see. I thought that you already knew the little demon in Dom was based on Avaron. Hahaha. Now her reply makes sense. I thought she was just showing off :D

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Oh, I see. I thought that you already knew the little demon in Dom was based on Avaron. Hahaha. Now her reply makes sense. I thought she was just showing off :D
With her it was probably both......

Yeah, my memory is really circling the drain.....

darth_hiruma

Jan 13, 2020

ugf051.jpg
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Got some news on the RTX A6000 front.
First things first. I think we should make the MC polish that armor of hers, real slow like.

Okay. The news is, I am about to go into some serious debt and get that RTX A6000.
It's a gamble, and a big one at that. Almost 6000$ for a GPU, it's crazy I know.
Some people can't even afford to spend that much money to feed their families, and yet here I am spending it on a single GPU. The sad facts of life aside... This GPU will be the foundation for my next project.
I simply couldn't allow myself to have any doubts moving forward. I have spent over 8000$ USD on the coming project (GPU included now) and I will no doubt need to spend a lot more on man hours paid, as well as assets required as we move closer to the render day for FOM.
So, sometime next month, I should be able to get my hands on it. I hope you guys can understand why I keep spending on hardware as often as I can afford it, and even when I can't afford it at times.
I really want to be able to deliver content faster, and if not faster, at least larger updates, better scenes that are not limited by hardware in the foreseeable future.
Your support starting next month and until this debt is paid, is going to be more important than ever.
I'll ttys.

3.40 star(s) 79 Votes