ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
Testing out the new GPU. These are some random images so no spoiler tag needed since these are not even part of the game... But losing has never been more fun. These are rendered in 4K they each took 10-15 minutes in 4K! This is going to be awesome. I've officially begun work on 0.3.2! View attachment 210293 View attachment 210294
her ample buttocks require a game of their own....jus' sayin'

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
her ample buttocks require a game of their own....jus' sayin'
HAHA, this is one of the many reasons I like you, Rob. Hope you've had a great time this holiday season. And yes, luckily for us I saved the preset on that booty. Next title will surely be way different.

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
Ha! You put the little French maid cap on her. Priceless.
Don't place any more blame on me, please. I already have enough angry farmers with their pitchforks and torches after me. It was the Frenchie who put those on. Now excuse me while I go write a one-star review because I played a choice that's clearly labeled as Linear->Love story.

Reactions: Moria

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
HAHA, this is one of the many reasons I like you, Rob. Hope you've had a great time this holiday season. And yes, luckily for us I saved the preset on that booty. Next title will surely be way different.
my christmas present was my backup computer died..SO..i cannot play anything..so i just left to comment..hohumm...so my holiday season sucked balls...

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
my christmas present was my backup computer died..SO..i cannot play anything..so i just left to comment..hohumm...so my holiday season sucked balls...
Damn, that really sucks man... Sorry to hear that.

ppoooors

Aug 7, 2016
Testing out the new GPU. These are some random images so no spoiler tag needed since these are not even part of the game... But losing has never been more fun. These are rendered in 4K they each took 10-15 minutes in 4K! This is going to be awesome. I've officially begun work on 0.3.2! View attachment 210293 View attachment 210294
Hey man, if you don't mind, could you explain how you rendered these in 10-15 minutes? I mean your gpu specs and render settings.
The reason I'm asking is that if you are rendering with a single 2080, then you have 2944 cuda cores. I have 3840 cuda cores in my rig and I'm pretty sure these renders would take at least an hour each for me.
Something tells me you've used post-denoiser on these.. lol. Right?

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
Hey man, if you don't mind, could you explain how you rendered these in 10-15 minutes? I mean your gpu specs and render settings.
The reason I'm asking is that if you are rendering with a single 2080, then you have 2944 cuda cores. I have 3840 cuda cores in my rig and I'm pretty sure these renders would take at least an hour each for me.
Correct.

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
Quick question which GPU do you have btw?Is that a combination of 2x 1070?

Reactions: ppoooors

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
Alright man thanks, didn't mean to come off as rude btw.
Nah it's cool. I didn't think it was rude at all. And fyi, the denoiser was used on last 100 iterations. In short, my GPU is running at 2200MHZ currently spitting out 490-500 iterations or more depending on render obviously. In under 6 minutes in 4K. That for me from a 1070 is an insane jump.

ppoooors

Aug 7, 2016
Quick question which GPU do you have btw?Is that a combination of 2x 1070?
That's right, x2 Asus Strix 1070 OC + manually overclocked (1915MHz). The fans on these things are amazing, they keep them really cool under load which gives a little performance boost.
Nah it's cool. I didn't think it was rude at all. And fyi, the denoiser was used on last 100 iterations. In short, my GPU is running at 2200MHZ currently spitting out 490-500 iterations or more depending on render obviously. In under 6 minutes in 4K. That for me from a 1070 is an insane jump.
The denoiser seriously does do some magic. But I only use it in scenes that I have no characters in because it ruins their hair. But you know what? After seeing these results, maybe I'll give it a shot again. Nothing a little post-pro touchup can't fix.

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
That's right, x2 Asus Strix 1070 OC + manually overclocked (1915MHz). The fans on these things are amazing, they keep them really cool under load which gives a little performance boost.

The denoiser seriously does do some magic. But I only use it in scenes that I have no characters in because it ruins their hair. But you know what? After seeing these results, maybe I'll give it a shot again. Nothing a little post-pro touchup can't fix.
Exactly, and here is something to make you laugh. These two images were done with denoiser at default setting... so set at 8.

ppoooors

Aug 7, 2016
Exactly, and here is something to make you laugh. These two images were done with denoiser at default setting... so set at 8.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that parameter matters at all actually. That's just specifying the iteration you want the denoiser to show the results. What matters is the main iterations, the higher you let them go the better denoised results, whether it's set to 8 or whatever.

Reactions: OneManVN

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that parameter matters at all actually. That's just specifying the iteration you want the denoiser to show the results. What matters is the main iterations, the higher you let them go the better-denoised results, whether it's set to 8 or whatever.
Some claim that if you render before using "Post denoiser" since it is clearly named as post. You get a better image. I am currently testing that theory with the same exact scene. I also believe that it matters not, or very little. The thing that does still matter is the number of actual iterations. Of course, this is my limited knowledge so far.

ppoooors

Aug 7, 2016
Some claim that if you render before using "Post denoiser" since it is clearly named as post. You get a better image. I am currently testing that theory with the same exact scene. I also believe that it matters not, or very little. The thing that does still matter is the number of actual iterations. Of course, this is my limited knowledge so far.
Yeah nothing's better than actually trying and testing yourself. I tested the iteration thing myself, rendered a scene at 1000 iterations, one with the denoiser starting at 8, another at 20, another at 30, 60, until 100. They all looked exactly the same. But changed iterations to 200, and denoiser gave a pretty worse result.
It's just good old Daz with the weird workflow!

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
Yeah nothing's better than actually trying and testing yourself. I tested the iteration thing myself, rendered a scene at 1000 iterations, one with the denoiser starting at 8, another at 20, another at 30, 60, until 100. They all looked exactly the same. But changed iterations to 200, and denoiser gave a pretty worse result.
It's just good old Daz with the weird workflow!
I'm hoping they sort it out before they make it a public release...

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Happy new year man of vn and merry new poses and scenes and jaw dropping apples of the eye girls - all independent, all strong and looking for the MC to further their agenda.
May 2019 bring you joy and happyness, great story and fun friends to hold and share the love.

3.40 star(s) 79 Votes