3.70 star(s) 36 Votes

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Discord Update
ICCreationsToday at 3:29 PM
Everyone,
I can confidently say that Altered Destiny V0.07 should be available for BETA testing on February 16th. That should give me plenty of time to get everything I'm looking to do before release done. With any extra time between then and that date, I'll be using to add a little bit more content. This update is focused on a lot of story progression and setting up some big stuff that's to come for the MC. Looking to be 300-400 new images by that time.

1707258711571.png

KayalDraknys

Nov 19, 2020
Where is this supposed "Surf's Shop"? I've checked the beach, where you'd THINK it would be, but there's nothing there. Checked every single time of day. And can't check in the past...

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Where is this supposed "Surf's Shop"? I've checked the beach, where you'd THINK it would be, but there's nothing there. Checked every single time of day. And can't check in the past...
it's just a name, nothing to do with beach. it's on other side of town (literally), you need to borrow kim's skateboard to get there.

KayalDraknys

Nov 19, 2020
it's just a name, nothing to do with beach. it's on other side of town (literally), you need to borrow kim's skateboard to get there.
Thanks. Do you also know how to increase relationships with everyone? Or is that just done normally through the questing.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Thanks. Do you also know how to increase relationships with everyone? Or is that just done normally through the questing.
talking with them when possible like on camping trip with family. otherwise questing.

iccreations

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2021
Yeah, Surf's shop is on the East side of town which won't be shown until you borrow Kimberly's skateboard for the first time (which I use "!" to help guide players towards that).
The relationship hearts are mostly only there for reference to the event planner scenes as that'll likely be the only time they are of any value and only for characters that may or may not be involved in those type of scenarios. It'll increase as more content progresses the main story forward and I'll add more to those as time goes on.

Reactions: john1230

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
yep father is his own himself
Nah, I don't see how that could possibly work. The MC might have a much older brother, but he wouldn't father himself. That makes no sense. The half of him that isn't from his mother can't be from his own self. Otherwise, the MC would be ¾ his mom and only ¼ himself . . . or something. It doesn't make sense scientifically or mathematically. Even in science fiction, you need the semblance of being scientific, which this wouldn't have.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
yep father is his own himself
Should be granddad on both sides, just to make sure.

Nah, I don't see how that could possibly work. The MC might have a much older brother, but he wouldn't father himself. That makes no sense. The half of him that isn't from his mother can't be from his own self. Otherwise, the MC would be ¾ his mom and only ¼ himself . . . or something. It doesn't make sense scientifically or mathematically. Even in science fiction, you need the semblance of being scientific, which this wouldn't have.
You are questioning gene combinations but not time travel? Time travel never makes sense, in no way whatsoever, starting with the problem that the universe is in constant movement, so even if one could move through time, he would end up somewhere in the void (or inside the earth), depending on the time difference and direction.
Let's just assume that thanks to the magic that allows him to time travel mostr of his genes are dominant and he only gets from his mothers side what he got in the first place.

Last edited:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
You are questioning gene combinations but not time travel? Time travel never makes sense, in no way whatsoever, starting with the problem that the universe is in constant movement, so even if one could move through time, he would end up somewhere in the void (or inside the earth), depending on the time difference and direction.
Let's just assume that thanks to the magic that allows him to time travel mostr of his genes are dominant and he only gets from his mothers side what he got in the first place.
Right, but the problem is that the MC gets half his genes from his mother and half his genes from . . . himself, which gets half his genes from . . . himself,. . . . It's an echoing loop that comes to no logical conclusion. I agree that time travel itself is ridiculous scientifically, but even if we accept that basic premise for this story, the fathering of oneself breaks down even within the parameters of something that defies science anyway.

What I was more speaking to wasn't that it defies actual science and math (which it ofc does), because time travel can't happen either — you can't exist before you actually exist; that's a paradox. I was using shorthand for terms to mean that even willingly suspending disbelief to accept time travel, the logic of looping endlessly into yourself (out of yourself?) is too much (for me, at least). Ignoring everything else, making something out of nothing is a bridge too far for me. That's really what I meant.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Right, but the problem is that the MC gets half his genes from his mother and half his genes from . . . himself, which gets half his genes from . . . himself,. . . . It's an echoing loop that comes to no logical conclusion. I agree that time travel itself is ridiculous scientifically, but even if we accept that basic premise for this story, the fathering of oneself breaks down even within the parameters of something that defies science anyway.

What I was more speaking to wasn't that it defies actual science and math (which it ofc does), because time travel can't happen either — you can't exist before you actually exist; that's a paradox. I was using shorthand for terms to mean that even willingly suspending disbelief to accept time travel, the logic of looping endlessly into yourself (out of yourself?) is too much (for me, at least). Ignoring everything else, making something out of nothing is a bridge too far for me. That's really what I meant.
Depends which half :) That's why I mentioned the dominant ones.
If we eliminate the random factor and he as father donates all genes that come not from his mother, than it's a constant.
AB (mc) + AD (mom) can result in AB, if all B's remain and all Ds get eliminated.

And btw, if someone travels back, something else must come back. The amount of energy in each time period must remain constant.

Long story short: Don't forget that we're dealing with magic here, so f*** science.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Depends which half :) That's why I mentioned the dominant ones.
If we eliminate the random factor and he as father donates all genes that come not from his mother, than it's a constant.
AB (mc) + AD (mom) can result in AB, if all B's remain and all Ds get eliminated.
No, not really. You're oversimplifying to make the formula work. The genes cannot come from the very thing receiving the genes. That literally makes no sense.

Long story short: I can only stretch my brain so far, and time travel itself has practically taxed it as it is. This creating oneself stuff, again, is a bridge too far for me.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
No, not really. You're oversimplifying to make the formula work. The genes cannot come from the very thing receiving the genes. That literally makes no sense.

Long story short: I can only stretch my brain so far, and time travel itself has practically taxed it as it is. This creating oneself stuff, again, is a bridge too far for me.

(Btw, in Futurama, Fry is his own grandfather, this is not something new)

john1230

Oct 6, 2020

(Btw, in Futurama, Fry is his own grandfather, this is not something new)
I would have likened it to Red Dwarf
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
, where as Fry is his own Grandfather.

Personally I don't see the story going in the direction of the MC being his own father, but that is for iccreations to tell in future updates.

It's fun reading speculations either way.

Reactions: Nemo56

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Personally I don't see the story going in the direction of the MC being his own father.
I doubt that as well, after all he is changing things constantly. Haven't played lately but in my book that dickhead ex boyfriend of his mom might be the one, something that happened before he arrived in the past.

Reactions: john1230 and D Dog

john1230

Oct 6, 2020
I doubt that as well, after all he is changing things constantly. Haven't played lately but in my book that dickhead ex boyfriend of his mom might be the one, something that happened before he arrived in the past.
The Jock is looking good for the prime suspect of "who's the father" but the answer I'm interested in is what happened to the MC aunt?

iccreations likes Back To the Future movie so I'm going to take another guess that she Went Into The Future some how and will show up in the present time line:unsure:

Reactions: Nemo56
3.70 star(s) 36 Votes