3.70 star(s) 35 Votes

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
View attachment 627791
View attachment 627792 View attachment 627793 View attachment 627795 View attachment 627797

"Altered Destiny V0.02" Progress 4/21/20

Hey everyone,
Currently getting through V0.02 scene work. Progress has been going well scene wise. I just really need to catch up on text / polish. I've just been more motivated and creating animations/images right now, heh. Should begin streaming again in the next day or two.

Above is just a peek at a new character introduction that didn't quite make it into V0.01. An older gal. Here is her model during the past. You'll see her model age up about 20 years or so in present time.
I'll also be compressing images down quite a bit in V0.02. I just want to make sure the programs I run will reduce size without losing any kind of quality in the best way possible. So with V0.02, You'll likely see a smaller jump in file size (or even less?) as I'll be compressing what I can from V0.01's content.
ICCreations a suggestion for compression - lossless webp. No quality loss, better size than jpg.

DiddlerGames

Game Developer
Jun 3, 2019
Man, I keep seeing these other devs who just never stick to making and finishing one game with a full story. Even if it's short. And when challenged, they just give up. This guy makes good stuff, but I just wanna see a finished product that's longer than a 10 minutes.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Man, I keep seeing these other devs who just never stick to making and finishing one game with a full story. Even if it's short. And when challenged, they just give up. This guy makes good stuff, but I just wanna see a finished product that's longer than a 10 minutes.
:WaitWhat:
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-artifact-part-one-iccreations.8/
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-artifact-part-two-iccreations.2076/
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-artifact-part-three-iccreations.4632/

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I played all those. They all end way too soon and should've been 1 game.
In 2016, total size over 3 gigs for the 3 parts of The Artifact? No, they should have been split. I disagree with "end way too soon" - I was happy with the length.

And IA isn't part of The Artifact; no way it should have been included with the others in 1 game.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
In 2016, total size over 3 gigs for the 3 parts of The Artifact? No, they should have been split. I disagree with "end way too soon" - I was happy with the length.

And IA isn't part of The Artifact; no way it should have been included with the others in 1 game.
Don't bother, goobdoob.
I thought about answering him before you did, but then looked at his history and realized that the guy has a personal grudge against ICSTOR. We both know that what he said is simply untrue and his opinion about splitting The Artefact game into 3 parts being a bad idea has no value, considering the engine.
What he said qualifies as shitposting at best.

DiddlerGames

Game Developer
Jun 3, 2019

Yeah IA is a different game, but this is is always the same problem I have with him and Icstor. They have great ideas, they are making them, then they get bored for awhile, do something else, and then come back later as a new "story" or continuation. And size isn't a good indicator for length or quality. Size can come down to poor compression. I could easily make the stuff I am working on much larger by removing the compression and have it be over a gig easily. That doesn't help anyone though. I could go back and play all of the ones you listed, again, but from what I remember they all sort of just end. No real grand finale, just a "Thing happened, bye." and then he comes back and increases the length of the story. The only reason I am here is because I looked at my downloaded games, saw FILF and thought "Man, I wonder how many updates I've missed" and it was 0 because he wants to work on a new game before returning to FILF, like Icstor with Milfy City.

Reactions: Ara-sH

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Yeah IA is a different game, but this is is always the same problem I have with him and Icstor. They have great ideas, they are making them, then they get bored for awhile, do something else, and then come back later as a new "story" or continuation. And size isn't a good indicator for length or quality. Size can come down to poor compression. I could easily make the stuff I am working on much larger by removing the compression and have it be over a gig easily. That doesn't help anyone though. I could go back and play all of the ones you listed, again, but from what I remember they all sort of just end. No real grand finale, just a "Thing happened, bye." and then he comes back and increases the length of the story. The only reason I am here is because I looked at my downloaded games, saw FILF and thought "Man, I wonder how many updates I've missed" and it was 0 because he wants to work on a new game before returning to FILF, like Icstor with Milfy City.
I agree that size is not a good indicator of length or quality. But that wasn't my point - my point is in 2016, 3 gigs is way too big. People complain about it now; back then 3 gigs would have been a non-starter. The game needed to be split.

We disagree on the length of each part being OK; that's fine. I'm not going to argue about that, that's personal preference.

DiddlerGames

Game Developer
Jun 3, 2019
I agree that size is not a good indicator of length or quality. But that wasn't my point - my point is in 2016, 3 gigs is way too big. People complain about it now; back then 3 gigs would have been a non-starter. The game needed to be split.

We disagree on the length of each part being OK; that's fine. I'm not going to argue about that, that's personal preference.
I get it's personal preference, but they should at least have what seems like a planned ending. They always have that point where you feel like it should be the middle point of the game. Then it just stops.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I get it's personal preference, but they should at least have what seems like a planned ending. They always have that point where you feel like it should be the middle point of the game. Then it just stops.
I thought The Artifact did have the acts, and a planned ending
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: arms99 and vmaks

Endless

To Obtain My Infinite Dream I Shall Even Sink God
Donor
May 9, 2017
9.png
screen_arcade_entrance_past_day_g.png screen_arcade_back_past_day_g.png

Altered Destiny V0.2 Progress 5/4

Hey everyone,
Currently, I'm polishing up what I have done with AD (scene and image wise) into the game. Want to have that all ready before I move on to new scenes. Overall, I hope to have V0.2 ready late next month (Please don't quote me on it, but if everything comes out well, I expect it to be ready around then). As soon as 0.2 is out, I'll be working on multiple FILF updates.
Above is the introduction to the last main cast member, Olivia. I will stream some content creation as soon as I finish polishing the new content that is finished. Should take me a couple days.

DiddlerGames

Game Developer
Jun 3, 2019
I thought The Artifact did have the acts, and a planned ending
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Still seems rushed and like the game is rushed near the end. like he was making the game, got bored, left, came back, got bored, came back, ended it. Glad he finished it, but still feels like the other devs do sometimes. Either get bored or slow down.

Endless

To Obtain My Infinite Dream I Shall Even Sink God
Donor
May 9, 2017
28.png
nathanintro_07.png oliviaintro_02.png a3_ (1).png

Altered Destiny V0.02 Progress Update 5/13

Hey everyone,
Scene creation has been coming along smoothly! I have around 6-8 scenes to go with one more location to put together. Here are some story-focused images.

3.70 star(s) 35 Votes