3.20 star(s) 6 Votes

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
Netori is a counterpart tag to , however instead of playing as someone who has his significant lover stolen, you play as the one doing the stealing.

Rather than fetishizing jealousy and other negative feelings, Netori is a power trip of pulling one over another person and taking something that is theirs.

For a game to be classified as Netori, the following conditions must be met:

1. The protagonist steals the significant other, a very close friend, or in extremely rare cases, a close relative from another character by seducing, coercing, blackmailing, outright raping them, or by using other techniques.

2. The character stolen must be someone you are not supposed to steal. As an example, the protagonist having sex with someone's mother wouldn't be Netori, if she doesn't have a significant other. However, it would become Netori if she is the protagonist's own mother, and the father is present in the game in some form.

3. For Netori-themed games the finding out aspect is less important, as the game focuses on the protagonist and his conquest. Still, the losing character needs to exist within the game and play some role related to his SO being stolen. If the losing character does not appear or is barely mentioned, the game should be tagged with instead of Netori.

4. The trait does not apply if the protagonist's conquest does not have a close loving relationship with another character, as ties between the partners and their forcible separation by the protagonist is important aspect of the fetish.
This is easier:
https://f95zone.to/threads/tags-rules-and-list-updated-2021-05-02.10394/

I admit I only glanced over your post as my eyes are done(6AM here), but it looked correct whenever it was objective and not talking about VNDB's internal decisions.

Even though Netori is a related tag to Netorare they clearly aren't the same and the people you're quoting are right as well. NTR is only an abbreviation for Netorare, not Netori.

TWizard

Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Hi Everyone!
I apologise for being absent for most of the day. I do have my day job as well...
I wasn't quite expecting quite so many posts on here in just the first 24 hours lol.
But even if there are times I go silent due to juggling other things I will eventually read your comments and such so I can have a better understanding of people's opinions or concerns. I make games because I enjoy it. I want to make many games but I also want to be able to grow as a developer. So I will always take everyone's comments into consideration.

Okay so I think it would be a good time to try and clear the water a bit and talk about the elephant of concern in the room.
I know for many NTR is a scary thing, but right now there technically isn't NTR based on what the definition would be. Girls are not getting involved with other male characters currently. There are some choices that are the beginning path towards NTR. Some events that you might decide to force a girl to go flash her bra at another guy.

The main reason I wanted to add the NTR tag for initial release was I wanted people to understand it was going to be a thing or eventual thing. I am sure if I didn't and then went to second or third release and misled people with NTR at that point probably would not be so good. :oops:

Now, I wasn't expecting that this would open pandora's box to this degree. Risky move on my part for my first project. (I knew should have done the teacher one first...:sneaky: WIP...)

But I also understand that I should have done a better job making things a little more clear.

So I would like to leave it on a positive note that after taking everyone's comments into consideration I will be going back to change some of the code and creating an option early on which will be a one time switch to turn NTR on of off. I believe that will probably be the best way and then from whichever path you go from there you will have zero risk of NTR if you do not like that. And if you do... All the power to you. I will have this change implemented as of version 0.2 which I am currently hard at work on with more content and all the like. So until next time.

Have a magically erotic day.
T-Wizard

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
Hi Everyone!
I apologise for being absent for most of the day. I do have my day job as well...
I wasn't quite expecting quite so many posts on here in just the first 24 hours lol.
But even if there are times I go silent due to juggling other things I will eventually read your comments and such so I can have a better understanding of people's opinions or concerns. I make games because I enjoy it. I want to make many games but I also want to be able to grow as a developer. So I will always take everyone's comments into consideration.

Okay so I think it would be a good time to try and clear the water a bit and talk about the elephant of concern in the room.
I know for many NTR is a scary thing, but right now there technically isn't NTR based on what the definition would be. Girls are not getting involved with other male characters currently. There are some choices that are the beginning path towards NTR. Some events that you might decide to force a girl to go flash her bra at another guy.

The main reason I wanted to add the NTR tag for initial release was I wanted people to understand it was going to be a thing or eventual thing. I am sure if I didn't and then went to second or third release and misled people with NTR at that point probably would not be so good. :oops:

Now, I wasn't expecting that this would open pandora's box to this degree. Risky move on my part for my first project. (I knew should have done the teacher one first...:sneaky: WIP...)

But I also understand that I should have done a better job making things a little more clear.

So I would like to leave it on a positive note that after taking everyone's comments into consideration I will be going back to change some of the code and creating an option early on which will be a one time switch to turn NTR on of off. I believe that will probably be the best way and then from whichever path you go from there you will have zero risk of NTR if you do not like that. And if you do... All the power to you. I will have this change implemented as of version 0.2 which I am currently hard at work on with more content and all the like. So until next time.

T-Wizard
sounds good
As long as that button makes the NTR avoidable not skippable.
Cause if I just won't see the scene but it still happened...well that's another shit storm waiting to happen.

NateGrey

Aug 21, 2020
On the flip side, if the dev says nothing about NTR, then people stumble onto NTR, there will be a huge shitstorm. It's lose-lose if we use your logic. Seems to me like the only solution for you would be to just eliminate all NTR games to avoid any problems. And you're quick to assume the dev added NTR to appeal to different players and not the distinct possibility that the dev wanted to make a game with an NTR and harem path simply because they wanted to.
Yeah, it's this weird virulent anti-NTR complex some people on here have. When it's so strong they feel the need to mention it in their signatures it's usually a good sign you can't have a rational discussion about it with them ;)

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Yeah, it's this weird virulent anti-NTR complex some people on here have. When it's so strong they feel the need to mention it in their signatures it's usually a good sign you can't have a rational discussion about it with them ;)
Same can be said for the person quoting my post with he NTR based game in his signature. This is a "pot calling the kettle black" thing. The dev has come in now and explained how its going to work. Though I am sure the pro crowd like that guy that always comments on anything I do when it it comes to ntr will still quote "his" ntr side.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Hi Everyone!

T-Wizard

Smart decision, its the best way to deal with this, just make sure its avoidable, and not just skippable (meaning it doesnt happen, not just the MC doesnt see it but it gets mentioned in the dialogues).

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
The discussion is rational. We just want to know if we will have a clear way to avoid it or we have to avoid the game completely. You wont convince us into liking NTR if that is what you mean...

Kalsan

Mar 19, 2020
If the one who has the harem is stealing other women to make his harem grow (maybe his harem is entirely made up of women he stole from others), it would have both.
You are absolutely right, but the thing is that even if netorare and netori are usually put together the feeling that you get from netorare and netori are opposites, netori goes good with harem because they exploits the same part of the person, the desire of having all the girls to yourself.

Kalsan

Mar 19, 2020
On the flip side, if the dev says nothing about NTR, then people stumble onto NTR, there will be a huge shitstorm. It's lose-lose if we use your logic. Seems to me like the only solution for you would be to just eliminate all NTR games to avoid any problems. And you're quick to assume the dev added NTR to appeal to different players and not the distinct possibility that the dev wanted to make a game with an NTR and harem path simply because they wanted to.
You do have a point, the developer should do want he wants, but most of us are just expressing our opinion not forcing anything into the dev, if he wants to take some of his community opinion good for him. Most People that don't like NTR just want to know if the games is going to have sex involving a LI and another male character and if it is going to have it how much of it can we avoid. Most of this NTR wars star mostly because the dev and usually is because 1 He lies and tell us the game will not have it just to put it after a year of development 2 He avoid answering the damn questions 3 He don't understand what most people of this site gets as NTR.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
You are absolutely right, but the thing is that even if netorare and netori are usually put together the feeling that you get from netorare and netori are opposites, netori goes good with harem because they exploits the same part of the person, the desire of having all the girls to yourself.
This in turn leads back to F95 and its definition. They have lumped every term under one tag. So when a dev like this says NTR we have no clue "what" kind of NTR it really is. I do not blame the dev on this part because he has no choice in the matter this is a F95 screw up. If he wants it in his game fine but the dev needs to let the players know what kind it is and not just say hey it has ntr. I am glad the dev here at least 1 warned us and then 2 finally came back and offered a solution with turning it off at the start of the game.
F95 themselves needs to go and fix the tag and separate the definitions so devs can easily post what their content is and player can also have a better idea of what a games content is. better yet.... get rid of the [NTR] tag and replace it with [Netorare] and [Netori]. I bet you would see a lot less arguing in the form threads.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Yeah, we could use more tags in F95 because there are many situations that dont fit the NTR tag that are as gamebreaking for a lot of people

I have been saying this for years, but we need a tag for "Future LI being fucked by someone else" for example

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Yeah, we could use more tags in F95 because there are many situations that dont fit the NTR tag that are as gamebreaking for a lot of people

I have been saying this for years, but we need a tag for "Future LI being fucked by someone else" for example
That would simply fall under Netorare and also count on the dev's honesty to inform people in advance that it will show up in the game at some point. F95 could group some parts of a given tag together since that one would fall under "your" Li with another man instead of another mans Li being with you which would then make it Netori . This is why F95 needs to separate them..
This game is now getting a switch to turn it off which is awesome but at the same time divides the game making some possible content missed content. Now here again it is up to the dev to divide the types of ntr for each path. If the content is balanced both sides will be happy but everyone again will feel like they missed something cause of the what "ifs". If the content is not balanced you not only have the what "ifs" but one side gets pissed cause the other has more content. All in all it makes the game more complicated on the dev side and a ton more work not to mention slowing the over all work flow down.

Reactions: Horagen81

bruce555

Sep 7, 2019
People who do not like NTR already start with less content, because those who play the NTR part will most likely also try the harem path, those who do not like NTR only have one path left.

Kalsan

Mar 19, 2020
This in turn leads back to F95 and its definition. They have lumped every term under one tag. So when a dev like this says NTR we have no clue "what" kind of NTR it really is. I do not blame the dev on this part because he has no choice in the matter this is a F95 screw up. If he wants it in his game fine but the dev needs to let the players know what kind it is and not just say hey it has ntr. I am glad the dev here at least 1 warned us and then 2 finally came back and offered a solution with turning it off at the start of the game.
F95 themselves needs to go and fix the tag and separate the definitions so devs can easily post what their content is and player can also have a better idea of what a games content is. better yet.... get rid of the [NTR] tag and replace it with [Netorare] and [Netori]. I bet you would see a lot less arguing in the form threads.
I think F95 should base the tag system in VNDB tag system, very detailed, you know what you are signing for. The tags like unavoidable netorare, sex with others and sex with protagonist only are especially useful for people that don't like netorare. It would be an enormous help.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
That would simply fall under Netorare and also count on the dev's honesty to inform people in advance that it will show up in the game at some point. F95 could group some parts of a given tag together since that one would fall under "your" Li with another man instead of another mans Li being with you which would then make it Netori . This is why F95 needs to separate them..
This game is now getting a switch to turn it off which is awesome but at the same time divides the game making some possible content missed content. Now here again it is up to the dev to divide the types of ntr for each path. If the content is balanced both sides will be happy but everyone again will feel like they missed something cause of the what "ifs". If the content is not balanced you not only have the what "ifs" but one side gets pissed cause the other has more content. All in all it makes the game more complicated on the dev side and a ton more work not to mention slowing the over all work flow down.
No, it doesnt fall under this site definition of Netorare because you are not in a relationship yet. Believe me, i have had this discussion already

3.20 star(s) 6 Votes